Dream a little dream

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have read a few post's in other forums (as well as posted myself) on speculation...(or should I say dreams?) of there being the possibility of full art lands in RTR. Some have said the demand would be too high, others have noted that full art lands have apeared to recently (Zendikar) to be printed. My question is do you think there is any chance of full art shocks and/or roo lands and if not why wouldn't wotc print full art shock or karoo lands if that's what(some) people want? Im sure it would definitely help sell packs! Also it wouldn't break any formats in the process. Its a win-win situation! Granted if they reprinted basic full art lands for rtr it would definitely step on Zendikar's toe's but full art shock or roo lands would go nicely along with them. Just having all my land cards full art would be ever so pleasing! I know the odds are against it but I'm going to keep dreaming until October... Laughing
Just because players want it doesn't mean wizards will make them. Some people want a full art Tropical Island, is it going to happen, no. 
For Ponies Click:
Considering Ravnica landscapes are some of the most loved land arts in the history of the game, I kind of hope they're going to make the basic lands full art, like they did in Zendikar.

They won't, because they've got this stupid idea that we wouldn't appreciate full art lands if they did them too often. But a guy can dream.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
I understand that if they did the full art lands every set they would lose a possible selling point as stated...i guess the full art shocks would be tacky with words printed across them...I would still love them...maybe for top 8?

One of the problems with full art lands is that lands naturally demand horizontally oriented art and are tricky to pull off vertically. Zendikar worked because the whole geography was ridiculous. Ravnica would work because hey, cityscape.

Not that I think it's likely they'd do it again this soon.

L1 Judge

The basic land arts previewed are horizontal, not vertical. Truth be told, each could be divided into four vertical land cards, but I don't think that's the case.

Example:

[<o>]
They will do full art lands again. Now might be the time since we are 2 sets removed from Zendikar. It depends how long wotc decides we have to wait until we appreciate them again.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Mark Rosewater has said at. great. length. on his tumblr that R&D has no intention or desire to ever make full art lands a regular thing.

To them, full art lands are awesome and special and something that literally all of the fan base loves; to that effect, they want them to remain special. If they ever made them a consistent thing, it would dilute the effect. We would get used to them, and thus, they would no longer be special.
well I was thinking they might print lands landscape or sideways to enable more art space at some point. It is too soon for more full art lands. I kept telling people to hold on to and buy up zendicar lands when they where valued for pennies now there up alot.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
well I was thinking they might print lands landscape or sideways to enable more art space at some point. It is too soon for more full art lands.

The problem with landscape format art on, well, any cards, is that they look rather weird unless they're tapped.
Yeah but if you had all sideways lands just play them all on there side they did it with Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
The basic land arts previewed are horizontal, not vertical. Truth be told, each could be divided into four vertical land cards, but I don't think that's the case.

I know. I saw that, and it makes me sad. But until the set comes out and we get absolute confirmation that it's not happening, I will continue to dream.

And when the set comes out and they haven't done it, it will be yet another strike against them in my eyes, and after Avacyn Restored they can't afford any more of those...

Mark Rosewater has said at. great. length. on his tumblr that R&D has no intention or desire to ever make full art lands a regular thing.

To them, full art lands are awesome and special and something that literally all of the fan base loves; to that effect, they want them to remain special. If they ever made them a consistent thing, it would dilute the effect. We would get used to them, and thus, they would no longer be special.

Fully aware, HairlessThoctar.

However, was I asking for them to make full-art lands a regular thing? Was the OP asking for that? Was anyone asking for that in this thread? We were discussing whether or not it would happen in this block. This block, as amazing as it may be, does not represent the entirety of the rest of Magic's history going forward. I don't see how your comment fits into the thread at all, really...

It would not in any way violate their 'do them infrequently' policy to do them in Return to Ravnica. It would, in fact, make a ton of sense to do them here, as the Ravnica cityscapes are extremely popular. And then, after the block, they go back to regular lands again for a while.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
Dude, we're getting shocklands again. SHOCKLANDS, I say! With those back, I couldn't care less about fancy basics.
[<o>]
Dude, we're getting shocklands again. SHOCKLANDS, I say! With those back, I couldn't care less about fancy basics.

>Full art shocklands.

I'll be in my bunk.
My thoughts exactly...
Zendikar is an ugly place anyway. They need to just do a $100 box set of Unhinged land and be done with it.
I would support full art of Rav's cityline though. most are very good pieces. no more boring mountains "this is a building on fire!!!!!" though
I think full art lands should be a regular thing. Not that every basic land be full art, but that each set come with a full art version of each that appears in packs much like foils do.

3DH4LIF3

Maybe only the fat pack lands should be full art.
Zendikar is an ugly place anyway. They need to just do a $100 box set of Unhinged land and be done with it.
I would support full art of Rav's cityline though. most are very good pieces. no more boring mountains "this is a building on fire!!!!!" though

+1.  Most of the art doesn't fit other planes.  Floating trees?  Floating hedrons? Floating bowl of water?  Not gonna lie tho, that mountain that had like a ring with a portal thing (idk what to call it) is amazing, and i like the city in the tree.  Only a few of them make any sense elsewhere.  The Unhinged lands are super sexy, love how creepy the swamps look.  New Ravnica full arts would be so beautiful, especially considering the art they've shown so far.   
How about holographic lands where when they are untapped they are portrait style, then when you tap them fully they look landscape.  If you only tap them slightly or make a pile out of your lands and cards then they poke you in the eyes until you fix it.
One of the problems with full art lands is that lands naturally demand horizontally oriented art and are tricky to pull off vertically. Zendikar worked because the whole geography was ridiculous. Ravnica would work because hey, cityscape.

Zendikar focused on lands. It was a huge deal.

lands focused on lands
white gets land fetching
landfall
virtual basics
exploration on legs
ramp as a possible wincon
manlands
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments