the Misprint Jaya Promo

16 posts / 0 new
Last post


Back in 2007 I got this Misprinted Jaya Ballard Walmart Promo from a promo pack. I've never been to find another like it anywhere. What do you all think it's worth? Should be a decent prince since it's one of a kind, I think.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)



Back in 2007 I got this Misprinted Jaya Ballard Walmart Promo from a promo pack. I've never been to find another like it anywhere. What do you all think it's worth? Should be a decent prince since it's one of a kind, I think.


Is the misprint supposed to be that line?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO


Back in 2007 I got this Misprinted Jaya Ballard Walmart Promo from a promo pack. I've never been to find another like it anywhere. What do you all think it's worth? Should be a decent prince since it's one of a kind, I think.



What's the misprint, the stray line?  That probably won't be worth much and might even be worth less than a nonmisprint of the same card in the same condition.

You need a misprint like Blue Hurricane or an upside down airplane for it to really matter. 
Yes, the line where the foil ends and then starts again is the misprint.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

Look for "The Misprint Guy" on youtube.  Or you can find his facebook group Magic: the Gathering misprints and oddities.  He should be able to help you.  
Worth nothing. It's the kind of misprint that simply ruins its value.
If Wizards put hundred dollar bills in each pack, players would complain that they weren't folded right.
Worth nothing. It's the kind of misprint that simply ruins its value.



You'd be surprised, misprints that could make a card unplayable potentially can still be worth it.
Misprints skyrocket the collector's value due to their rarity. Saying that it's worthless is a small misunderstanding.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

It depends on the rarity of the misprint and the significance of the misprint. Yours seems to be merely damaged by printer error, which is a fairly common and insignificant error. Valuable misprints are ones such as the blue Hurricanes from Summer Magic because they are incredibly rare and come from a set that supposed to have been destroyed.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
"Skyrocket"? No, not really, unless it's something really weird. This kind of thing is fairly common, and unless someone collects cards with lines through them specifically, I doubt many collectors would go too far out of their way to get it.
blah blah metal lyrics
Misprints skyrocket the collector's value due to their rarity. Saying that it's worthless is a small misunderstanding.


Saying that it "skyrockets the value" is also a misunderstanding. Certain, interesting misprints will increase the value slightly to a certain segment of the population. A very few, extremely rare misprints will skyrocket the value indeed. Others are just unusual quirks but not especially interesting, and these will usually decrease the value if anything. Overall, I doubt this particular misprint will change things much either way, but it certainly won't make anything skyrocket.
Rules Nut Advisor
This isn't a fairly common anything. It's totally one of a kind. The "blue" misprint you're talking about you're all saying there are several in existance, well this is a one of a kind misprint. It's the only one in existance!

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

This isn't a fairly common anything. It's totally one of a kind. The "blue" misprint you're talking about you're all saying there are several in existance, well this is a one of a kind misprint. It's the only one in existance!


put it on ebay, see what you get.

 
120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
That strip accross the middle is apparently fairly common as far as misprints go. It's amazing what Google can do.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞


I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
This isn't a fairly common anything. It's totally one of a kind. The "blue" misprint you're talking about you're all saying there are several in existance, well this is a one of a kind misprint. It's the only one in existance!



Except the fact that you're wrong.  It's quite common.

In fact, a couple of cards in my commander precon had the same issue.  And I know of quite a few people who have pulled cards from booster packs with the same defining mark in various locations.  It's worth probably 75% of the full value since it is an unremarkable and undesirable defect.
Misprints skyrocket the collector's value due to their rarity. Saying that it's worthless is a small misunderstanding.


Saying that it "skyrockets the value" is also a misunderstanding. Certain, interesting misprints will increase the value slightly to a certain segment of the population. A very few, extremely rare misprints will skyrocket the value indeed. Others are just unusual quirks but not especially interesting, and these will usually decrease the value if anything. Overall, I doubt this particular misprint will change things much either way, but it certainly won't make anything skyrocket.



Rare and interesting is the key. The reason that Action Comics #1 is so valuable is because it has Superman.

A comic with one of the now-defunct 30s/40s superheroes (There was a moral panic about comics in the 50s, and a lot of early-40s superheroes were World War II-themed.) like the Whizzer (Seriously, that's his name. And yes, he wears yellow.) wouldn't be worth nearly as much, even though it's more likely to be thrown out as garbage and probably didn't have a long print run.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt