Dungeon Command: "Assisting creatures" question

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
From the rulebook, page 12.

"To assist, tap each assisting creature and add its Level to the
Level of the acting creature. "

In the example,

"Pete controls a Human Ranger (Level 2; Strength, Dexterity)
a Dwarf Cleric (Level 3; Strength, Constitution, Wisdom) and a Dwarven
Defender (Level 2; Strength, Constitution) who are all adjacent to one
another. The Human Ranger is adjacent to an enemy Drider, and Pete
wants to play Killing Strike (a Level 5 Strength card) with the Ranger
as the acting creature. To do this, he taps the Ranger and the Dwarf
Cleric to assist the action. Adding their Levels together gives a total of 5,
enough to play the Killing Strike card."

However, the rule as stated suggests that only the level 3 cleric is needed to play the card? Adding 3 levels to the  Ranger would make it effectively level 5 and thus a valid target for the order? Either the rule or the example needs some adjustment.
The example features a Dwarven Defender which isn't really necessary for the example since you don't use it. Otherwise both rule and example are sound. The only thing the Dwarven Defender could be used for in the example is "you can't assist with just the Dwarven Defender since the total level would be 4 where 5 is needed". You're right though, it's presence does make it seem more complicated than it really is.
The example features a Dwarven Defender which isn't really necessary for the example since you don't use it. Otherwise both rule and example are sound. The only thing the Dwarven Defender could be used for in the example is "you can't assist with just the Dwarven Defender since the total level would be 4 where 5 is needed". You're right though, it's presence does make it seem more complicated than it really is.

Yes, It did throw me. I was clearly just mis-reading the example. Thanks for pointing that out.
OK Can you Move Two creatures then make an assisting attack. Or does one creature have to be Next to the target first AND not have been activated yet.

For Example: I have two " Drow House Guard " 8 squares away from The target. I move Number one in and Not make an attack. So he is not tapped and end of his activation. Then I move Number two in adjacent to the other D.H.G. Tap both, to use "Shadowy Ambush". 

This came up in my last game and got contested pretty harshly.
/mythologicore

Your example is fine. As long as the assisting creature is untapped. There is nothing in the rules that states the assisting creature must not have activated.