Kemba and All of Her Wonderful Toys...

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

This deck works pretty much like any other Kemba, Kha Regent deck.  You get Kemba equipped as much as possible, make some kitties and swing away.  Of course, the main wincons are general damage and tokens.  The deck also works to set up a defense with stuff like Witchbane Orb and Blazing Archon.  It also has a few "pinch hitters" like Loxodon Punisher and Etched Champion just in case Kemba is put out out of comission somehow.  Anyway, suggestions and constructive criticism are always welcome.  The deck is working pretty well, but always seems to do better when I loan it to someone else.  It kind of blows to be decimated by your own deck.  Anyway, I'm looking for something to cut to make room for Moonsilver Spear.

Commander (1)
Kemba, Kha Regent

Lands (37)
Ancient Den
Ancient Tomb
Buried Ruin
Darksteel Citadel
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Karoo
Reliquary Tower
Strip Mine
Temple of the False God
Thawing Glaciers
27 Plains

Artifacts (15)
Ashnod's Altar
Blinkmoth Urn
Caged Sun
Darksteel Forge
Mangara's Tome
Mind's Eye
Mirrorworks
Norn's Annex
Planar Portal
Scrabbling Claws
Sol Ring
Thran Dynamo
Tower of Fortunes
Witchbane Orb

Equipment (21)
Accorder's Shield
Basilisk Collar
Batterskull
Bladed Pinions
Champion's Helm
Darksteel Plate
Fireshrieker
Lightning Greaves
Loxodon Warhammer
Scythe of the Wretched
Sigil of Distinction
Swiftfoot Boots
Sword of Body and Mind
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Fire and Ice
Sword of Kaldra
Sword of Light and Shadow
Sword of Vengeance
Sword of War and Peace
Trailblazer's Boots
Whispersilk Cloak

Creatures (16)
Auriok Steelshaper
Blazing Archon
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Etched Champion
Gideon's Avenger
Indomitable Archangel
Leonin Abunas
Leonin Shikari
Loxodon Punisher
Platinum Angel
Puresteel Paladin
Solemn Simulacrum
Stoneforge Mystic
Stonehewer Giant
Sun Titan
Taj-Nar Swordsmith

Enchantments (2)
Aura of Silence
Prison Term

Instants (7)
Disenchant
Dispatch
Enlightened Tutor
Oblation
Path to Exile
Return to Dust
Tithe

Sorcery (2)
Day of Judgment
Phyrexian Rebirth

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Pennon Blade is really good in a token deck due to its Keldon Warlord effect, especially one with Kemba.

Also, replace Disenchant with Seal of Cleansing. It lets you exploit Sun Titan.

I also like Avenger en-Dal for another creature removal option.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I'd take [C]Accorder's Shield[/C] for [C]Moonsilver Spear[/C] because you have an evident need for creatures with flying.
Pennon Blade is really good in a token deck due to its Keldon Warlord effect, especially one with Kemba.

Also, replace Disenchant with Seal of Cleansing. It lets you exploit Sun Titan

I also like Avenger en-Dal for another creature removal option.

Holy crap I forgot about Pennon Blade!  I picked one up a few months ago and haven't done anything with it.

I like the Seal, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up instant speed just for synergy with one other card.  I'll probably add the Seal when I can track one down, and probably sub out something else. 

I'd take [C]Accorder's Shield[/C] for [C]Moonsilver Spear[/C] because you have an evident need for creatures with flying.

I figured the shield would be the first thing on the chopping block.  I suppose I just really like vigilance.  And of course, now that you've pointed it out, I have a severe lack of fliers.  I'm thinking Blinding Angel, among others.

Why no Land Tax or Armageddon?

Well, I only own one Land Tax, and it lives in another deck, hence the presence of TitheArmageddon is on my personal ban list, as it violates the implicit social contract of the format.  Mass land destruction is generally frowned upon in most circles, and rightfully so; it's a fun-killer. 

Well, I only own one Land Tax, and it lives in another deck, hence the presence of TitheArmageddon is on my personal ban list, as it violates the implicit social contract of the format.  Mass land destruction is generally frowned upon in most circles, and rightfully so; it's a fun-killer. 

Fair enough
have you thought of  Brass Squire

Strata Scythe since you are playing mono white

have you thought of  Brass Squire

Strata Scythe since you are playing mono white

I was considering the Scythe, as I just cracked a foil one out of a pack about a month ago.  Again, it all comes down to what I want to cut, which gets so hard after the deck starts working properly on a consistent basis.  I thought of the Squire too.  I may cut Taj-Nar Swordsmith for him.