Rith, The AWakener Tokens

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
I made this deck because I already had a bunch of naya cards lying around because I retired my Uril the Mistwalker deck. I also wanted to make a deck that was not dependent on the Commander which my Uril deck kinda was. I also play a Mimioplasm deck that wins by getting out big creatures. I wanted to do something a little different so I decided on a Token style build.

Rith, the Awakener

Plains [7]
Forest [7]
Mountain [6]
Vivid Meadow
Vivid Crag
Vivid Grove
Gruul Turf
Sunpetal Grove
Rootbound Crag
Clifftop Retreat
Selesnya Sanctuary
Boros Garrison
Rupture Spire
Jungle Shrine
Command Tower
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
Gavony Township
Kessig Wolf Run
Reliquary Tower
Kher Keep
Temple of the False God

Blade Splicer
Kozilek's Predator
Knight-Captain of Eos
Emrakul's Hatcher
Stormfront Riders
Gesit-Honored Monk
Captain of the Watch
Avenger of Zendikar
Hornet Queen
Myr Battlesphere

Vexing Shusher
Eternal Witness
Yavimaya Elder
Solemn Simulacrum
Anger
Hoarding Dragon
Craterhoof Behemoth
Sigarda, Host of Herons
Gisella Blade of Goodnight
Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Krosan Grip
Return to Dust
Seedspark
Path to Exile
Condemn
Oblation
Naya Charm
Sorceries [10]
Hellion Eruption
Increasing Devotion
Conqueror's Pledge
Storm Herd
Hull Breach
Titanic Ultimatum
Martial Coup
Hour of Rekoning
Phyrexian Rebirth
Harmonize

Sensei's Divining Top
SkullClamp
Sol Ring
Darksteel Ingot
Coalition Relic
Gilded Lotus
Mimic Vat
Soul Foundry
Eldrazi Monument

Privileged Position
Luminarch Ascension
Parallel Lives
Aura Shards
Oblivion Ring
Intangible Virtue
Breath of Fury
Beastmaster Ascension
Shared Animosity
In the Web of War
True Conviction
Marshal's Anthem

Ajani Goldmane
Garruk Wildspeaker
Elspeth Tirel
I'm just going to assume that Doubling Season isn't there because you don't have one.  Also, White Sun's Zenith, Moonveil Dragon, Verdant Force, Serra's Blessing, Fervor and Symbiotic Wurm are great for token decks.  I run a Rith deck myself, and all of these have been useful.  Finally, Skyshroud Elf is a pretty teriffic mana fixer.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Many of your token making creatures are of dubious effectiveness. The Blade Splicer is especially glaring in a deck with no other means of creating golems. A single golem token? Wasted card slot. Get that Verdant Force or Requiem Angel instead.

Your other creatures are pretty spot-on, as are your artifacts and enchantments (minus the lack of Doubling Season, as Rx said). I'd probably want an Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, since with tokens the effect gets crazy.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

Yea I don't have a doubling season but I plan to get one when i have some money to spare. It's not that i can't afford it it's just that I would rather invest that in to something i might need for standard.

I was considering Moonveil Dragon but i  think it's effect is hard to use cuz of the mono :R:  and I actually forogt that I had an Entreat the Angels I think it's a better option then WSZ.

While I think cards like Verdant force and Requiem Angel are great I prefer cards that when i pay them they come in with a whole bunch of tokens instead of waiting.

I'm defenitly taking out Blade Splicer and replacing it with either WSZ or Entreat the Angels but i'm leaning more towards the Angels.

Originally I had wanted to put in Elesh Norn but when i was done with the deck i did not have an slot open for it. Looking at my creatures I think Sigarda should go out for it but i'm not sure.

I want to put Fervor but can't choose which card to replace it with because it feels like the all of my enchantments/artifacts are better then it.

Thank you both for your input.
Yea I don't have a doubling season but I plan to get one when i have some money to spare. It's not that i can't afford it it's just that I would rather invest that in to something i might need for standard.

I was considering Moonveil Dragon but i  think it's effect is hard to use cuz of the mono :R:  and I actually forogt that I had an Entreat the Angels I think it's a better option then WSZ.

While I think cards like Verdant force and Requiem Angel are great I prefer cards that when i pay them they come in with a whole bunch of tokens instead of waiting.

I'm defenitly taking out Blade Splicer and replacing it with either WSZ or Entreat the Angels but i'm leaning more towards the Angels.

Originally I had wanted to put in Elesh Norn but when i was done with the deck i did not have an slot open for it. Looking at my creatures I think Sigarda should go out for it but i'm not sure.

I want to put Fervor but can't choose which card to replace it with because it feels like the all of my enchantments/artifacts are better then it.

Thank you both for your input.

You're welcome!  I still think we can tune it up a bit though.

The thing about Moonveil Dragon is this: with a slew of tokens on the field, just activating it once can be pretty devastating.  Also, tokens can really add up.  Keep in mind that you get a token every single turn, not just yours.  I'd still take White Sun's Zenith over Entreat the Angels, mainly because the Zenith is reusable, and its full functionality isn't dependent on top-decking it. 

When it comes to making room for Elesh Norn, I'd swap out Knight-Captain of Eos for the same reason Blade Splicer had to go.  You may also want to consider One Dozen Eyes.

I'm still a bit sketchy on Moonveil but i'll defenity try it out, and Verdant Force is looking pretty good as wll now that I think about it. The only problem is deciding what comes out for them.

So far these is what i've done

-1 Blade Splicer
-1 Cpatain of Eos

+1 Elesh, Norn Grand Cenobite
+1 White Sun's Zenith

I actually had One Dozen Eyes in the list before but I replaced it with Increasing Devotion. I felt that it was a bit better because of it's Flashback.

This is just hypathetical atm but I'm thinking that Hoarding Dragon is not really needed.

I might do

-1 Hoarding Dragon
+1 Verdant Force or Symbiotic Wurm

They both have the exact same cost mana cost and P/T but work a lot differently. I think I like Wurm a bit more because people will be less hesitant to use spot removal on it.

I agree on Hoarding Dragon.  You've only got nine artifacts, and you have to make the dragon die to get it out.  Tough call between Verdant Force and Symbiotic Wurm.  What about Stormfront Riders?  Do you have a way to keep reusing it?  That may be able to go.

Might just be me, but looking again you seem light on card advantage. Top and Skullclamp are top rate, and Yavimaya  and Sad Robot are good, but.....they are 4 out of 99. I'm not liking those odds. I prefer something more like 10 cards, using a mix of actual card draw like the Skullclamp or Mind's Eye, cantrips like Slice in Twain, and land fetches like Cultivate or the Elder.

Current EDH Decks: Radha Timmy, Oona exile/mill, Edric aggro, Marath tokens, Uril Voltron, Ertai counters, Sek'Kuar sac engines, Ezuri elf tribal, Oloro life gain, Zedruu tokens, White Mikaeus indestructible, Riku allies, Ghave synergy, Momir Vig Simic to a fault, Zur pillow fort/extort, Cromat artifacts, Rafiq aggro, Nekuzar zombies, Prossh creature beats, Roon ETB/bounce, Garza Zol vampires.

I agree on Hoarding Dragon.  You've only got nine artifacts, and you have to make the dragon die to get it out.  Tough call between Verdant Force and Symbiotic Wurm.  What about Stormfront Riders?  Do you have a way to keep reusing it?  That may be able to go.

Yea Stormfront Riders is pretty meh it's defenitly coming out. I just checked my collection and saw that I don't have a Verdant Force. Untill I buy it I am going to put back in Captain in place of Riders. At least with the 5 mana i spend i don't have to return cards to get the tokens.

Might just be me, but looking again you seem light on card advantage. Top and Skullclamp are top rate, and Yavimaya  and Sad Robot are good, but.....they are 4 out of 99. I'm not liking those odds. I prefer something more like 10 cards, using a mix of actual card draw like the Skullclamp or Mind's Eye, cantrips like Slice in Twain, and land fetches like Cultivate or the Elder.

There is also harmonzie but that's only 5/99. I understand that more card advantage is always good, I just don't know what I can take out for some.

Gaea's Cradle is really good, but you probably don't have it, and most playgroups ban it.

Might I suggest Rapacious One instead of Emrakul's Hatcher?

If you had Doubling Season, I'd suggest Shrine of Loyal Legions and Jar of Eyeballs.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Even without Doubling Season, Shrine of Loyal Legions would still be a worthy inclusion.  You do still need more card advantage.  Mind's Eye, Inheritance, Staff of Nin, Hunter's Insight and Momentous Fall are all pretty good.  Another thing I noticed about the deck is that it spends a lot of card slots on targeted removal of artifacts and enchantments.  Hull Breach and Seed Spark could probably go, and while I know the latter supports your theme, it's overall contribution to your board state is likely minimal.  To free up at least one other spot, you could lose Conquerer's Pledge or Increasing Devotion.  I'd drop the Pledge myself.

I love me some token decks, here's what I think;

Chancellor of the Forge I think would do better for you than Myr Battlesphere, since Rith cares about color and myr are colorless.  Also his tokens already have haste and he's pretty cool with Parallel Lives and....

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is amazing!  Unlike Soul Foundry, the creature copied isn't Exiled and you aren't locked into only making 1 specific creature.  Sure the creature "dies" at end of turn, but that's okay.  Yavimaya Elder and Skullclamp don't mind.

Wort, the Raidmother makes tokens and lets you double some of your spells, along with doubling stuff like Cultivate/[c]
Kodama's Reach[/c],  Beast Within and Parallel Evolution.

You can even add other Generals/Commanders into the deck like Rhys the Redeemed and Ulasht, the Hate Seed (my personal favorite).

Good Luck.
Gaea's Cradle is really good, but you probably don't have it, and most playgroups ban it.

Might I suggest Rapacious One instead of Emrakul's Hatcher?

If you had Doubling Season, I'd suggest Shrine of Loyal Legions and Jar of Eyeballs.

Trust me If I had geaea's Cradle it be in here. I'll defnitly consider Rapacious One but it really is situational for EDH. First I gotta play it, then wait untill it's my turn to attack with it hoping it will get enough damage through to make it worthwhile. I usually prefer the cards that give me instant gratification.

Even without Doubling Season, Shrine of Loyal Legions would still be a worthy inclusion.  You do still need more card advantage.  Mind's Eye, Inheritance, Staff of Nin, Hunter's Insight and Momentous Fall are all pretty good.  Another thing I noticed about the deck is that it spends a lot of card slots on targeted removal of artifacts and enchantments.  Hull Breach and Seed Spark could probably go, and while I know the latter supports your theme, it's overall contribution to your board state is likely minimal.  To free up at least one other spot, you could lose Conquerer's Pledge or Increasing Devotion.  I'd drop the Pledge myself.

I'll defenitly look in to shrine. Eventhough it's expensive mana wise I really like Staff of Nin. I like Hullbreach because it has the potential to give me a 2 for 1 so i'm iffy about dropping it. Seedspark can go because it's underwhelming.

I love me some token decks, here's what I think;

Chancellor of the Forge I think would do better for you than Myr Battlesphere, since Rith cares about color and myr are colorless.  Also his tokens already have haste and he's pretty cool with Parallel Lives and....

Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is amazing!  Unlike Soul Foundry, the creature copied isn't Exiled and you aren't locked into only making 1 specific creature.  Sure the creature "dies" at end of turn, but that's okay.  Yavimaya Elder and Skullclamp don't mind.

Wort, the Raidmother makes tokens and lets you double some of your spells, along with doubling stuff like Cultivate/[c]
Kodama's Reach[/c],  Beast Within and Parallel Evolution.

You can even add other Generals/Commanders into the deck like Rhys the Redeemed and Ulasht, the Hate Seed (my personal favorite).

Good Luck.

I had considered Wort, the Raidmother but then I looked at the number of Red and Green Instants and sorceries I had and figured it was not worth using. I really like Chancelor over Battlesphere and Kikki Jiki over Soul Foundry.

So with all that's been said this is what i'm doing.

-1 Seedspark
-1 Soul Foundry
-1 Myr Battleshere

+1 Staff of Nin
+1 Kikki Jiki
+1 Chancelor of the Forge (Iffy about it for the same reason i've been iffy about Heleion Eruption where as they both already require a field to be good but it's worh trying out.)

as soon as I decide on what other card advantage card I want to use I will most likely replace Pledge for it.

*EDIT*

ZOMG I totally forgot about this card I had Slate of Ancestry. Perfect for card advantage imo. I looked at the list and realized Stormfront was still in there. I'll replace that for it. I also came across my Oran-Reif the Vastwood Imma take out a forest for it.

I almost feel silly that I didn't think of it earlier, but what about Akroma's Memorial?

I almost feel silly that I didn't think of it earlier, but what about Akroma's Memorial?

Pro-red might be a downside. I tend to give it to non-black/red generals, but it's pretty lousy if you're playing black or red.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments