After It's Over

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
John just trounced me with his Thallid deck.  I guess I had it coming; I was playing a vintage Viashino deck, lots of fast hitters, but I was always a little low on mana, and he must have seen that as a sign of weakness.  Mark was playing his Great White Wall deck, full of fat bodied defenders; Nick was playing an infect deck he was still trying to tune, and Rob had some weird combo deck.  They'd probably be going at it for another hour.  Me, I suddenly had lots of time to kill.  I walked over to the vending machine, got a Coke, and then it hit me.

Prayers from the Afterlife --
Instant
You may tear up two white cards you own instead of paying Prayers from the Afterlife's mana cost.
You may play Prayers from the Afterlife after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
Target player gains five life. If that player isn't you, he or she gains ten life instead.
Prevent all damage a source of your choice would deal to target player this turn. If that player isn't you, he or she gains that much life instead.

Heckling Tongue --
Instant
You may tear up two blue cards you own instead of paying Heckling Tongue's mana cost.
You may play Heckling Tongue after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
Counter target spell.

Pull into the Abyss --
Instant
You may tear up two black cards you own instead of paying Pull Into the Abyss's mana cost.
You may play Pull Into the Abyss after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
Exile target creature.  Its controller loses two life.

Goblin Kibitzing -- 
Instant
You may tear up two red cards you own instead of paying Goblin Kibitzing's mana cost.
You may play Goblin Kibitzing after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
The next time a source would deal damage to a creature or player this turn, choose one -- It deals one damage instead; or it deals four damage instead.

Yggdrasil's Tendrils --
Instant
You may tear up two green cards you own instead of paying Yggdrasil's Tendrils' mana cost.
You may play Yggdrasil's Tendrils after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
Target player puts three 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield. If that player isn't you, he or she puts six 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield instead.
Okay
I suppose you really should have to have these in your hand when you lose the game to make use of them.  That's cramming an already crammed text box, though.
I love it. Casual fun, reminds me of the Double cycle from Unhinged.

However, I mostly love Goblin Kibitzing, and the "choose one - that source deals 1, or deals 4." That should just be a card all on its own.
Yeah, I really wanted to go for effects that were more meddlesome than straight-up game changing.

Prayers from the Afterlife could probably become some sort of Reverse Damage effect.

Heckling Tongue should probably offer the spell's controller some condolence, because otherwise it's just being a jerk.

Pull Into the Abyss -- I suppose the flavor is self-explanatory.

Yggdrasil's Tendrils is quite a boost for your team-mate if you choose to play it that way. 

Heckling Tongue --
Instant
You may tear up two blue cards you own instead of paying Heckling Tongue's mana cost.
You may play Heckling Tongue after you lose a game if other players are in that game.
Counter target spell.

a better Force of Will?
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
I was thinking of making the player tear up Heckling Tongue as part of the alt. cost ... but that might make it difficult to tell what it does. ;)
Sign In to post comments