When do enchantments resolve if they kill a creature?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Say I put a -1/-1 enchantment on a creature and that creature only has 1/1. I put it on during first main phase, so that creature would be dead right away, correct? 

Now what happens if my opponent gives that creature +2/+2 until end of turn, will it survive at the end of the turn?

Now if I play undying on a creature that was given a -1/-1 and only had 1 toughness, would the undying bring him back IMMEDIATELY or at the end of the turn?

Thanks! 
when the enchantment resolves the 1/1 is dead from the Dead Weight

your opponent would have to cast the Giant Growth in response to you casting the aura
the creature will then die in the cleanup step

with Undying it is similar, you have to cast Undying Evil in response to whatever is killing the creature, it will return once the Undying trigger resolves
proud member of the 2011 community team
Say I put a -1/-1 enchantment on a creature and that creature only has 1/1. I put it on during first main phase, so that creature would be dead right away, correct?

Not quite right away, but very very soon.

Now what happens if my opponent gives that creature +2/+2 until end of turn, will it survive at the end of the turn?

Maybe. There's a critical timing issue here. You'll have to be more specific.

Now if I play undying on a creature that was given a -1/-1 and only had 1 toughness, would the undying bring him back IMMEDIATELY or at the end of the turn?

Undying normally bring them back immediately.
But how was it given -1/-1? (that may affect the answer) 

Not when it resolves.

Not when it resolves.

yes, when SBA are checked after it resolved
close enough, and I don't think there is a scenario where it makes a difference ;)
1) Correct.  As soon as a creature's toughness hits 0 or less, it dies.
2) If your opponent boosts his creature before the Aura goes on it, it will survive until the EOT.  When the boost wears off, it will die.
3) Undying is a triggered ability which brings a creature back (almost) right away.  (you do still have to wait for the ability to resolve). 
DCI Level 1 Judge Please autocard: [c]Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon[/c] = Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon [c=Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon]Skittles[/c] = Skittles Cards do what they say they do. No more. No less.
Sorry let me be more specific. 

I play Crippling Blight on a 1/1 during 1st main phase. My opponent immediately responds with Giant Growth

It is not the end of the turn, since giant growth is until end of turn and crippling blight is an enchantment, the creature would die. Now what is, instead of crippling blight, I played an INSTANT or SORCERY that said "Creature gets -1/1 until end of turn" and my opponent responded with giant growth. Does the creature survive since, according to the stack, giant growth takes priority over crippling blight?

NOw the same situation except this time I use an instant OR sorcery to give the creature -1/1 UNTIL END OF TURN, and my opponent responds with undying, does the creature come back with a +1/+1 counter as soon as the main phase is over, before it's over, or later? 
with Crippling Blight and a Giant Growth in response the creature will live until the cleanup step of the current turn, when Giant Growth wears off but the -1/-1 from the Aura still applies
both creature and Aura are then put into the graveyard and another cleanup step begins

if the -1/-1 is "until end of turn" and a Giant Growth both effects will end at the same time in the cleanup step and the creature will live

with -1/-1 and Undying Evil in response the creature dies when the ability/spell that gives -1/-1 resolves and will return once the Undying trigger resolved with a +1/+1 counter.
that all happens still in your main phase and you get priority to kill it again in your main phase
thanks guys