[RTR] Speculation on the new guild keyword abilities

166 posts / 0 new
Last post

I gather that it is now confirmed that the guilds are returning in RTR and that each guild will get a new ability. New new, not new to Ravnica. It is also confirmed that each guild ability will have synergy with that guild's original ability.

EDIT: Updated

Orzhov

Deify (as this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice each other creature you control; if you sacrificed a creature this way, it enters the battlefield with a divinity counter on it)

As long as ~ has a divinity counter on it, it is [indestructible].

or

Spiritform
(when this creature dies, exile it. If the exiled card is a creature, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of that card except that its a spirit in addition to its other types.)

(nb: tokens cease to exist in exile so this doesn't create infinite loops)

Dimir

Stealth (you may cast this card from your library whilst searching it)

or

Mindscrape (whenever a source with Mindscrape deals damage to a player, instead mill that many cards)

(also: mill gets keyworded)

Azorius

Definitely see the potential for an aura subtheme here:

Auratouch (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

(I figure that ought to make auras playable!)

Izzet

Keep with the spell theme...

Alchemy (this spell costs less for each instant or sorcery spell you cast or for each time you copied an instant or sorcery spell this turn)

or

Spellcycle X
pay X and discard this card: search your library for a sorcery or instant card, reveal it and put it in your hand, then shuffle your library)

Golgari

Scavenge confirmed as the Golgari ability. Me likey .

Other suggestions

Graveform (this card's static and triggered abilities are active on the battlefield and also in the graveyard)

or

Gruul

Aggravate (this creature must be blocked if able)

Okay, nothing special, but could easily be combined with a lot of "whenever this creature becomes blocked" abilities.

Boros

Retaliate X (whenever this permanent becomes the target of a spell, it deals X damage to target [creature or player / player])

or

Battlehaste (you may cast this card during your combat step as attackers are declared, if you do, this creature enters the battlefield tapped and attacking)

Not spectacular but I struggle with Boros. I suppose you could have "If this creature entered the battlefield during combat..." type abilities.

Selesnya

EDIT: Populate now confirmed as the Selesnya guild mechanic

Other ideas that didn't make it...

Overwhelm
-
If you control more creatures than each opponent then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

or

Lifeforce - If another creature entered the battlefield under your control this turn, then [insert morbid-like benefit here]

Simic

Mutate X (when this creature enters the battlefield, you may pay X; if you do it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it)

As long as ~ has a +1/+1 counter on it, then [ability]

or

Merge (to merge a creature with another, choose one creature and exile the rest; that creature gains all abilities of all creature cards exiled this way and +x/+y where x is the total power of those cards, and y is the total toughness; whenever this creature leaves the battlefield or becomes unmerged, put the exiled cards into your graveyard)

(this is kind of like imprinting, so you could merge a creature with another, several others, cards in your hand/graveyard/library or even a creature controlled by your opponent)

Rakdos

And now for something completely different...

Demonpact (when you cast this spell, you may pay life equal to its converted mana cost; if you do, copy it and the copy gains "this spell can't be countered by spells or abilities"; you may choose new targets for the copy)

Update

Orzhov

Needed some rules tweaks... I think this works...

Spiritform (when this creature dies, if it isn't a token, exile that card. If the exiled card is a creature card, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that card except that its a spirit in addition to its other types.)

I accept that this is another undying template, but I think the synergies do work differently enough that this isn't an issue.

Dimir

Mindscrape (whenever a source with Mindscrape deals damage to a player, instead mill that many cards)

I liked the name Milltouch a lot. I think however that Milltouch is probably a creature ability whereas Mindscrape could be applied to any damage, and I think 's point was that this shouldn't be a creature only ability.

Azorius

I'm not sure a powered down version of Auratouch would be playable. Here's the original and some powered down versions:

Auratouch 1.0 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

Auratouch 1.1 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

Auratouch 1.2 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to it)

Izzet

Spellcycle X (pay X and discard this card: search your library for a sorcery or instant card, reveal it and put it in your hand, then shuffle your library)

I think Thoctar is right that a mystical tutor+ would need a high cost (probably ) to be balanced.

Frazzle - If you cast another [instant or sorcery] this turn, [insert benefit]

Chronego's Frazzle certainly has a lot of design space. I think it needs to be an instant or sorcery spell rather than any spell, just for izzet flavour.

Golgari

Graveform (this card's static and triggered abilities are active on the battlefield and also in the graveyard)

I think the memory issues are probably too problematic, unless they do what they should have done a long time ago and do away with graveyard order. I think this would affect about 10 cards in magic, none of which are beyond errata in my view. Same is true of Singe's Recycle:

Recycle X (If you would draw a card, instead you may shuffle exactly X other cards from your graveyard into your library. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)

I've tweaked it but even with the tweaks, I'm not sure if this isn't too powerful a mill hoser to have in an environment where milling is pushed. Maybe what is needed is simply this:

Recycle (If you would draw a card, instead you may return this card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Gruul

As I said nothing special, but I think more design space (ie, with "whenever this creature becomes blocked" abilities) than you think.

Howl (this creature can't be blocked by creatures with less power)

I know, the name is crappy. I can't get out of my mind that this should have been Intimidate. I agree with Chronego that this should be keyworded as I think it is good for green as an alternate evergreen mechanic to trample.

Boros

Battlehaste (you may cast this card during your combat step as attackers are declared, if you do, this creature enters the battlefield tapped and attacking)

Selesnya

Overwhelm 1.0 - if you control more creatures than each opponent then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

Overwhelm 2.0 - if you control at least [five] creatures then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

Lifeforce - if another creature entered the battlefield under your control this turn, then [insert morbid-like benefit here]

Simic

I think Merge could work, although the initial reaction was that it was too complex. Try this...

Merge (to merge one or more creatures, choose one and exile the rest; that creature gains all abilities of the exiled creature cards and +x/+y where x is the total power of those cards, and y is the total toughness; if that creature leaves the battlefield or becomes unmerged, put the exiled creature cards onto the battlefield under their owner's control)

I also like this one, suggested by Chronego

Mutate - as long as this creature has a +1/+1 counter on it, [insert soulbond like ability here]

but as you say, this needs a +1/+1 counter to activate. So how about:

Mutate X (you may pay X as this creature enters the battelfield; if you do it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter)

~ has [benefit] as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.

Rakdos

Still happy with this...

Demonpact (when you cast this spell, you may pay life equal to its converted mana cost; if you do, copy it and the copy gains "this spell can't be countered by spells or abilities"; you may choose new targets for the copy)

Tokens can totally be exiled.  They just happen to go "poof" after hitting the exile zone, just like they do for any other zone they end up that is not the battlefield.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Spiritform: A neat ability to be sure, but I doubt they'll do something so similar in execution to undying so soon after undying.

Mindscrape: Glad to see I'm not the only designer who's thought about 'milltouch'. I feel that creatures with this ability should have a somewhat higher than normal power since library is a larger number than life total. Also, R&D has said that they are unlikely to use mill as the keyword for mill, since players too new to remember Millstone won't get the etymology.

Auratouch: Too damn strong for common.

Spellcycle: They're toning down on the number of tutors these days, they're not going to make another tutor mechanic.

Graveform, Merge: Too complicated for common.

Aggravate: I love this ability something fierce, but I'm not sure this ability is A) something they want on a bunch of creatures and B) something that is deep enough to be keyworded.

Battlehaste: I can't see the practicality of this over regular haste a lot of the time, but there might be some neat tricks to this. Like maybe the cost is cheaper for smaller creatures, since you can't opt to hold them back and they might get eaten in combat.

Lifeforce: Yeah sure.

Overwhelm: I seem to recall some design article where they said they don't like keywords to be winmore.

Demonpact: oooooh. I like this one!

Spiritform: there are some mechanical issue with it (as is right now it loops), but can be fixed. Just feels like more undying.

Mindscrape: A creature only ability for dimir seems wrong honestly. 

Auratouch: Feels like a blue white ability not an Azorious ability. I'd rather see something more controly.

Spellcycle: A better transmute. A mystic tutor on several cards. The costs would have to be very high to allow for the utility. This is just not going to happen. 

Graveform: probelmatic in high numbers. Way too much  memory stuff going on.

Merge: Too complicated for uncommon likely enough. And way too powerful if able to take you opponents creatures. Green and blue are supposed to struggle with killing creatures.

Aggravate: Boring. Not a whole lot to do with this ability. And like hairlessthoctar said problematic with many cards having it.

Battlehaste: it's interesting, but what can be done with this that can't be done with haste?

Lifeforce: Yeah sure. I feel this "twist' to morbid won't be so soon.

Overwhelm: great when winning, useless when not. What this needs is to have a threshold. 3/4 whatever creatures. Then you can use it to get back into a game.

Demonpact: This is fine.

IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
Personally I hope they do the Aura swap ability they did on Arcanum Wings...cause I totally built up a Bruna EDH deck, and I need some new toys for her.

As for the GB ability, I think they should do something like...
Graveform - You may cast this creature from your graveyard. You lose life equal to its CMC.
or something with a downside like that.

Boros should definately bring back super-haste.

Gruul needs to have mini Craterhoof Behemoths running around.

And Izzet needs something like
Flufflesnorf - The next time you would draw a card, you may have CARDNAME deal 1 dmaage to target creature or player instead.
Personally I hope they do the Aura swap ability they did on Arcanum Wings...cause I totally built up a Bruna EDH deck, and I need some new toys for her.

The main problem with Aura Swap ability is that it's really shallow. There's just not a whole lot of design space for it.

The main problem with Aura Swap ability is that it's really shallow. There's just not a whole lot of design space for it.

Maro has already pointed out that guild keywords really don't need to support that many cards, I mean yeah Aura Swap is really quite shallow but I reckon they can squeeze 15 or so cards out of it, especially if they widen it to be "Return this permanent to your hand and put an aura from your hand onto the battlefield" so they don't have to print ungodly numbers of auras.

Sorry, the new keywords won't even be from Future Sight. They're really brand-new ones.
[<o>]
And unless they hike up the activation cost or water down the auras, Aura Swap is too good for common.
Here's my speculation:

Orzhov: I've been pondering what they could do for an Orzhov keyword, and Spiritform is sort of close to what I came up with. However, it's really close to Undying, so would need to be differentiated somehow. My version is more a tweak on Unearth: You can pay a cost and exile it from the graveyard to get a spirit token version.

Izzet: Maybe it'll be some kind of Storm tweak, like "Frazzled -- If you cast another spell before this one this turn, do X".

Gruul: It would have to play well with Bloodthirst, which means it wants your creatures NOT to be blocked. I'm kind of hoping they keyword the Wandering Wolf ability, but I want that to be evergreen rather than a block mechanic. Still, that'd fit Gruul rather well.

Selesnya: I'm thinking Selesnya deserves some kind of creature token ability. Maybe Propagate X cost (Cost, discard this card: Put X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens onto the battlefield.) Plays very well with Convoke.

Simic: Hmm... Simic is difficult. Maybe "Mutate -- This creature has [ability] as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it." Though the cards do nothing unless you're playing other cards to give them counters, so probably not.

Not got any ideas for the other five right now.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
A reverse on Dredge.

Recycle X (If you would draw a card, instead you may return X cards from the bottom of your graveyard into the bottom of your library. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)
I really wish they'd have allowed appropriate Future Sight preview mechanics as guild mechanics. Would players really feel cheated if "their" guild got a mechanic that had been teased as upcoming on a single card years ago?
Rules Nut Advisor
They wouldn't do "bottom of your graveyard". They don't want people to keep track of the order stuff dies anymore.
I'm a bit miffed about the whole new mechanics thing because of how utterly  perfect Battle Cry would have been for Boros.
Some of these new keywords could be improved versions of the old ones.

Boros - Radiance that is more one sided to discern ally and enemy. If you hit a White creature an opponent controls, then it'll hit all of their White creatures.

Simic - All of their key creatures share a keyword. A number of their creatures offers a buff to creatures with that keyword.

Selesnya - Harmonize which is Convoke but also allows abilities with manacost to be reduced by tapping creatures. 2WG: Gain 5 life. Tap 4 G/W creatures to pay for the ability.

Wow - great feedback. Lots of effort went into those posts so I will try to respond in kind.

Guild Abilities Work in Progress

Orzhov

Needed some rules tweaks... I think this works...

Spiritform (when this creature dies, if it isn't a token, exile that card. If the exiled card is a creature card, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that card except that its a spirit in addition to its other types.)

I accept that this is another undying template, but I think the synergies do work differently enough that this isn't an issue.

Dimir

I liked the name Milltouch a lot. I think however that Milltouch is probably a creature ability whereas Mindscrape could be applied to any damage, and I think 's point was that this shouldn't be a creature only ability.

Example

Mindlich -
Enchantment
All damage is dealt as though its source had mindscrape.

Azorius

I'm not sure a powered down version of Auratouch would be playable. Here's the original and some powered down versions:

Auratouch 1.0 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

Auratouch 1.1 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

Auratouch 1.2 (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield attached to it)

Izzet

Spellcycle X (pay X and discard this card: search your library for a sorcery or instant card, reveal it and put it in your hand, then shuffle your library)

I think Thoctar is right that a mystical tutor+ would need a high cost (probably ) to be balanced.

Chronego's Frazzle certainly has a lot of design space. I think it needs to be an instant or sorcery spell rather than any spell, just for izzet flavour.

Golgari

I think the memory issues are probably too problematic, unless they do what they should have done a long time ago and do away with graveyard order. I think this would affect about 10 cards in magic, none of which are beyond errata in my view. Same is true of Singe's Recycle:

Recycle X (If you would draw a card, instead you may shuffle exactly X other cards from your graveyard into your library. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)

I've tweaked it but even with the tweaks, I'm not sure if this isn't too powerful a mill hoser to have in an environment where milling is pushed. Maybe what is needed is simply this:

Recycle (If you would draw a card, instead you may return this card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Gruul

As I said nothing special, but I think more design space (ie, with "whenever this creature becomes blocked" abilities) than you think.

I know, the name is crappy. I can't get out of my mind that this should have been Intimidate. I agree with Chronego that this should be keyworded as I think it is good for green as an alternate evergreen mechanic to trample.

Boros

Selesnya

Overwhelm 1.0 - if you control more creatures than each opponent then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

Overwhelm 2.0 - if you control at least [five] creatures then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

Lifeforce - if another creature entered the battlefield under your control this turn, then [insert morbid-like benefit here]

Simic

I think Merge could work, although the initial reaction was that it was too complex. Try this...

Merge (to merge one or more creatures, choose one and exile the rest; that creature gains all abilities of the exiled creature cards and +x/+y where x is the total power of those cards, and y is the total toughness; if that creature leaves the battlefield or becomes unmerged, put the exiled creature cards onto the battlefield under their owner's control)

I also like this one, suggested by Chronego

Mutate - as long as this creature has a +1/+1 counter on it, [insert soulbond like ability here]

but as you say, this needs a +1/+1 counter to activate. So how about:

Mutate X (you may pay X as this creature enters the battelfield; if you do it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter)

~ has [benefit] as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.

Rakdos

Still happy with this...

I really wish they'd have allowed appropriate Future Sight preview mechanics as guild mechanics. Would players really feel cheated if "their" guild got a mechanic that had been teased as upcoming on a single card years ago?

Yes, then Gruul could have Frenzy and Selesnya could have Absorb.

L1 Judge

Golgari

Gruul

I think that recycle with the Anti-mill componenet would create an endless milling ans unmilling loop in drege decks, which would strengthen dredge decks in modern. Dredge is a deck that Wizards is wathcing, but I feel if you attached a mana cost to Recycle it would work okay, not self feeding like dredge but okay. maybe it should be like the following

Reclaim-X (If you would draw a card you many pay X and place this card on top of you library. Only one relcaim effect can be done per card draw)

Aggravate feels like provoke, and since most sets normally have a returning mechanic... but of course all mechanics are new. (or so I'm told; I'm convinced there is a waste of design space somewhere...)
When speculating mechanics they are supposed to play well withthe guilds last ability. (that may be a misinterpretation of what was said at the pannel)

So Izzet's ability should be fine on it's own, but benefit from replicate

Gruul could get some sort of +1/+1 counter ability to play with bloodthirst. Or simic to play well with graft. So on and so forth. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
@ Singe (LoL reference?)

I like the mechanic though I agree doesn't need to be bottom. Maybe just put x cards from your GY on the bottom of your library. Oh and recycle horrible name (too close to cycle too me thinks). Which is actually kinda humorous because...

anyways neat idea.
Thought I'd summarize where the feedback is taking my own list, but please do keep adding... scroll up for more commentary

Orzhov

Dimir

Azorius

Auratouch (whenever this permanent enters the battlefield, you may put an aura card that could enchant it from your hand onto the battlefield attached to it, or attach an aura card enchanting another permanent you control to it)

Izzet

or

Golgari

Recycle X (If you would draw a card, instead you may put exactly X other cards from your graveyard onto the bottom of your library. If you do, return this card from your graveyard to your hand. Otherwise, draw a card.)

or

Graveform
(this card's static and triggered abilities are active on the battlefield and also in the graveyard)

Gruul

or

Aggravate
(this creature must be blocked if able)

Boros

Battlecraft (whenever this creature attacks or blocks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card from your hand)

or

Selesnya

Overwhelm - if you control more creatures than each opponent then [insert metalcraft-like benefit here]

or

Simic

~ has [insert soulbond-like benefit here] as long as it has a +1/+1 counter on it.

or

Merge (to merge one or more creatures, choose one and exile the rest; that creature gains all abilities of the exiled creature cards and +x/+y where x is the total power of those cards, and y is the total toughness; if that creature leaves the battlefield or becomes unmerged, return the exiled creature cards onto the battlefield under their owner's control)

Rakdos

Azorious are law and order. What do they want? No attacking. Thus:

Peacekeeping: if no creatures attacked last turn, do X.

Can be used as a spell trigger (Azorius Holy Day: prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn, if Peacekeeping tap all creatures your opponents control), a static permanent effect (Azorius Guy: 2/2, if Peacekeeping 3/3), or an upkeep trigger (Azorius Tome: at the beginning of each upkeep, if Peacekeeping, draw a card). Gives a bonus directly to you if you don't attack, and gives double the bonus if you can keep your opponent from attacking.

Thoughts?
Backfire - When a spell with the ability is countered, the Backfire ability triggers and goes onto the stack.

Focus Flameblast

Instant
"" deals 6 damage to target creature.
Backfire- When "" is countered, "" deals 2 damage to all creatures and players.

Wild a creature with this keyword doesn't follow your orders. Instead, in order to use its abilities, make it attack, or block; you'll need to meet the card's condition.. Once the Wild condition is met, the player is free to use that creature as long in remains on the battlefield under their control.

Wild: ("" can't attack, block, or activate its abilities unless you "".)

"Wild Mastadon"
2RG
Creature - Elephant
Haste, Trample
Wild: ("Wild Mastadon" can't attack, block, or activate its abilities unless you sacrifice a Forest.)
5/4
That seems ungodly weak. Does nothing against anyone but blue, and gives blue a choice of two effects to take for every spell.
That seems ungodly weak. Does nothing against anyone but blue, and gives blue a choice of two effects to take for every spell.

Countered also includes if the spell fails lets say the target flickers and becomes illegal. Backfire will trigger.
You ignore the central point, which is that even at its best it GIVES YOUR OPPONENT A CHOICE. That is inherently incredibly weak.

Let's take your sample card. Let's say you're playing against an Illusions deck (bear with me please), and they have two Phantasmal Bears and a Master of Illusions with a Kiteshield equipped (REALLY bear with me, this is just meant to show you what's up). You target the Master, they counter it, and it fizzles with nonlethal damage to every unit. That's why it's a terrible mechanic: because very often, it becomes incredibly weak. The only way it could be good is if the spells themselves were costed aggressively, which means the strength of the cards is just based on them being good cards, not on them having this cool guild mechanic thing.
@ acritter

I think there's something in Peacekeeping somehow. I'm not quite sure of the template though. Flavourwise, does it need to say "at the end of combat, if no creatures attacked since your last turn, do X"? I think that would mean no one has attacked for one whole round of turns.
@ acritter

I think there's something in Peacekeeping somehow. I'm not quite sure of the template though. Flavourwise, does it need to say "at the end of combat, if no creatures attacked since your last turn, do X"? I think that would mean no one has attacked for one whole round of turns.
I hope Dimir isn't mill. Mill just sucks. There are very rare times it has been good. I hope wizards finds something cool to give Dimir so the guild isn't just a joke.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.

Wild: ("" can't attack, block, or activate its abilities unless you "".)

They don't keyword new strict downside abilities anymore.
defender would like a word with you 
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Bolded for emphasis:

Bolded for emphasis:

Wel that depends on what you consider as "new". Have they said that anywhere? A negative ability isn't so bad on a OP card.
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.
[Wel that depends on what you consider as "new". Have they said that anywhere? A negative ability isn't so bad on a OP card.

Mark Rosewater said it somewhere on his tumblr, IIRC. Good luck finding that though, that man is a machine.
that's why they retired Shroud in favour of Hexproof
proud member of the 2011 community team

They had both in scars of mirordon block so would wouldnt say that yet. 
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black

Shroud is hardly strictly downside.
it isn't but it has a downside that hexproof doesn't have
But when was it retired? shroud was in scars block
I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
M12

best seen on Lord of the Unreal
since your Illusions die when targetted even by you Shroud would have made much more sense
Something I thought about was making token auras that could work with radiance. Just a thought.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt