2HG Deck Builds, Strategy and Advice

326 posts / 0 new
Last post
Here is a listing of 2HG deck build, combinations, tips and tricks....all decks are 60-61 cards unless specified otherwise...

Killas's Fast and Furious Flambe' build....

Combination of Grinning Malice and Born of Flame.....This deck is built to win fast and hard. Aggro Grinning Malice and Turbo Burn deck... The combination of Pain Magnification and 2 Bloodchief Ascensions in GM and the Burn in BF will lave your opponents cardless, hopeless and lifeless very fast...

Show

Born of Flame
Creature control and faceburning...

This deck can run out of steam so you want cards that give you card advantage (run all three Chandra's Phoenix, cars that hit players and creatures simultaneously or simply multiple targets. You have no way of drawing extra cards so this is your only means of obtaining card advantage.

1-  Earthquake direct damage and some board clearing....
2 – Flame Slash
1-  Lightning Bolt 3 burn, synergizes with Pain Magnification and puts a counter on Bloodchief Ascension
1x Rain of Embers (does 2 damage in 2hg, can kill wipe 1 power creatures and puts a counter on Bloodchief Ascencion
1 – Red Sun Zenith
2x Ruby Medallion With 0 card draw I want to be able to play my cards... (24 land, two medallions and exactly 60 cards helps)
3 -Searing Blaze  (Card advantage ---Kill a creature and burn and activate Bloodchief
4 - Searing Spear 
3- Chandras Phoenix Hase creature, immune to flamebreak, evasion, returns over and over again and works with Bloodchief Ascension
2 - Flamebreak  --- a little board sweeper, 6 damage to opponents and works with Bloodchief and Pain Magnification
2 -  Flames of the Blood Hand  works with Bloodchief and Pain Magnification
2 -  Flames of the Firebrand  can works with Bloodchief and Pain Magnification but also card advantage...
1 Sulfuric Vortex  good against the lifedeck and starts a clock since you should be ahead on life with this pair... does not work with Bloodchief Ascenion.
1- Chain Reaction ----just in case you need to clear the board and flamebreak isn't enough...
3 - Chandra's Outrage card advantage and it works with Bloodchief Ascencion
2 Cone of Flame this is a beacon without instant speed and one extra damage...
1 Fireblast  --- great finisher....cast a burn or two for 6 damage to the face and cast this with no mana for 4 more damage to win the game!
2- Hostility great finisher, and HASTE and its 3/1 effect is insane
2- Inferno Titan Great finisher....pumps, does 3 damage on arrival and when it swings...

I removed 2x Fire Servants as believe it or not they are a bit slow in this build. Casting one turn 5 to have it removed just wastes 1-2 burn spells I could have played. I also removed 2x Obsidian Fireheart The secondary effect is slow and costly. They are a decent 4/4 body but that is all you are paying for. They are immune to flamebreak as well so this one is on the fence. I also dropped theBeacon of Destruction for two cone of flame. The BoD is Instans but the cone is far more useful in card advantage and damage. You can do 5 damage directly to oppoentns (2+3) and 1 to a creature as well. You get a little more with it and if you need to  you might only decide to do 4 damage to them (3+1) you can and kill a 2/2 creature with the spare.

The fire servants are the only thing I am shaky about....but I am equally considering removing the hostility and the titans as well for cheaper burn but if the game goes on they will be a necessity and with reanimate if one gets murdered the ability to get it back for 1 mana is nice but again, the name of the game here is speed for me..

Grinning Malice (with only 24 Unlocked)

4x Evolving Wilds
2x Bloodchief Ascencion  --- MVP card works amazing with Chandra
1x [c[Deathgreeter[/c]
1x Dragonmaster Outcast  --- in case the game goes on? Has yet to be useful to me once aside from drawing removal..
1x Reanimate
2x Typhoid Rats
1x Vexing Devil   ----four damage for 1 mana, Chandra can't even compete, well, actually, it can with Mountain Blast but yeah...
1x [c[Demonic Tutor[/c]  --- almost always for a Demigod...
2x Goblin Deathraiders
1x Onyx Mage
2x Sootstoke Kindler
1x Spiteflame Witch   ... this puts a counter on bloodchief by itself in 2HG....
3x Terminate reserved for BIGGER threats. Chandra can handle all the small stuff...
2x Ashenmoor Gouger  --
2x Blightning 
2x Chaos Warp
1x Heat Shimmer
1x Pain Magnification     --- MVP card... works amazing with Chandra...
1x Blazing Specter  --- haste, card advantage...
2x Hellhole Rats   ---- haste, card advantage
2x Single-Minded Ogre  --- the single player thread doesn't seem to like this but it works good for me....
2x Wrecking Ball  --- reserved for BIGGER threats. Chandra can handle all the small stuff...
4x Demigod of Revenge  ---- MVP of this deck, any build not running all 4 is just crazy!

You don't need the Titans, Massacre Worm or any of the other bombs. The four recurring Demigods are absolutely incredible.

Stevolutionary's Graveyard Manipulation Build
Liliana and Jace

Build works wonders for him and I've used it with great success as well. I personally modify it by adding an extra Exanguinate and removing 1 Befoul to Liliana and I remove 1 Jace's Phantasm and add 2 Crippling Chills to Jace. This deck is first listed in post #130 and discussed subsequently. There really isn't much wiggle room with this build though. It is intricate and works really well. Possibly and probably the best two-deck combination in this game.

Show

Obedient Dead - 61

Dream Puppets - 60
2 Hedron Crab
4 Jace's Phantasm
2 Unsummon
1 Visions of Beyond[/c]
2 Counterspell
2 Into the Roil
2 Sapphire Medallion
2 Aether Adept
1 Dream Fracture
1 Stroke of Genius
2 Sword of Body and Mind
2 Cephalid Broker
2 Clone
1 Wheel and Deal
2 Body Double
2 Mind Control
2 Telemin Performance
2 Traumatize
2 Chancellor of the Spires[/deck]

It can win by mill, but the main strategy is graveyard manipulation and using their bombs against them via this method, or with Clone. Milling and killing are often there solely as a way to fill the graveyards for Body Double, Rise from the Grave and Chancellor of the Spires. Victory comes either this way or through stalling and gaining enough card advantage that the Black bombs eventually can't be answered. Most frequent non-combat win conditions are Underworld Dreams + Wheel and Deal and Nightmare Incursion (removing creatures) + Telemin Performance.

We most often only get a mill victory only when we're facing a mill deck, purely because we use their mill cards right back on themselves. The Sword of Body and Minds are there mainly for the protection, as either Blue deck is our toughest matchup, as Talrand went from the deck we hosed the most to the hardest fight for us when partnered with mill after the promo unlocks came out. Especially as we have almost a complete inability to deal with Artifacts and Enchantments, and our control builds can be out maneuvered by two other control decks if they gain tempo. The combo as a whole got a lot better, but our problem decks got even stronger.

Life-Deck and Mill Combo
Ajani and Jace

This is straightforward. The life deck keeps you alive while the mill deck builds up a "mill machine". Get out the mines, fonts of mythos, muses and set up a mill machine that takes cards away from your opponent every turn.  This is a pure mill machine and is dependent upon your partner for survival...

Show

Dream Puppets

2 Hedron Crab
4 Jace's Phantasm
2 Tome Scour
2 Unsummon
2 Visions of beyond
2 jace's Erasure
2 Sapphire Medallion
2 Counterspell
1 Grindclock
2 Howling Mine
3 Mind Sculpt
1 Dream Fracture
2 Clone
3 Dreamborn Muse
2 Font of Mythos
1 Wheel and Deal
1 Archive Trap
2 Chancellor of the Spires

Set up a mill machine with the Font of Mythos, Grindclock, Howling Mine, dreamborn muse and hedron crabs. Get your muse out there if you can early. Then hit them with your

Celestial Light

1- Basilisk Collar --on a knight makes him almost unkillabe by creatures unless tripple blocked...
1 Elixir of Immortality   potential protection again mill....nothing more

4- Serra Ascendant  1st turn 6/6 flying lifelink....uhh okay...
4- Soul Warden
2-  Swords to Plowshares
4- Ajanis Pridemate
2- Knight of Meadowgrain
3-  Solemn Offering 
2- White Suns Zenith
2 – Chastize
2-  Day of Judgement
1 Marshal's Anthem
1 –Rhox Faithmenderl
2 Seraph of Dawn
1 Well of Lost Dreams
2 –Baneslayer Angel
2 - Beacon of Immortality
1 – Felidar Sovereign

Karstien and Tripp's Exalted Darkness/Talrand Build

Show

erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Karstien's Exalted Darkness" library

for Exalted Darkness (Nefarox): 41 picks, 61 cards

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~BumJhH~~Karstien's Exalted Darkness~~3Ad1MD?~~2??ORf9~~2?HV0wI~~1A48bzK~~2?FIiaa~~2AXqopE~~3BRFN9s~~2Bpq1Ux~~3?JDdWS~~2B?lYwj~~2=p3Flq~~2AiuJ0s~~3=WKXnG~~1A0enQ7~~1AokkWi~~1ARAVrV~~2?NLvWe~~2==WM18~~1BlYW0C~~1A2QNLv~~1BbS4j2~~1AE1qCR~~1A4BqIx~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #664114; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

Creature 

cost  
■■■
 Duty-Bound Dead 
 0/2 

cost  
■■
 Aven Squire 
 1/1 

■■
 Darklit Gargoyle 
 1/2 

■■
 Knight of Glory 
 2/1 

■■
 Knight of Infamy 
 2/1 

cost  

Royal Assassin 
 1/1 

cost  
■■
 Silent Arbiter 
 1/5 

Sublime Archangel 
 4/3 

cost  

Battlegrace Angel 
 4/4 

■■
 Deathbringer Liege 
 3/4 
 ()()(

■■
 Divinity of Pride 
 4/4 
 ()()()()(

Spell 

cost  
■■■
 Evolving Wilds 

cost  

Demonic Tutor 

■■■
 Doom Blade 

■■
 Pacifism 

cost  

Mortify 

Pillory of the Sleepless 

■■■
 Unmake 

()()(

■■
 Vindicate 

■■
 Whispersilk Cloak 

cost  

No Mercy 

Worship 

cost  

Debtors' Knell 

()()(

erdana; border-collapse:collapse" cellspacing="0" border="0">

"Tripp's Crosswinds" library

for Crosswinds (Talrand): 36 picks, 61 cards

erdana; font-size:9px">Library code: ((((((((~~A9tt70~~Tripp's Crosswinds~~3=axpYl~~2=kOBAk~~3Bo4Bxd~~2?rQfQL~~2BWnSEu~~3AnIAXI~~1?d66sE~~2?frNYl~~2=vN?cG~~2B4tSif~~2=Gi0XO~~1BRCg=9~~1?OVR3h~~1?io1W4~~1ATkvde~~1=4Y6DM~~2A2Aipb~~1=Gi4hy~~1BCFj6X~~1=t0uW0~~1B3k6TY~~1BvWm?I~~))))))))

erdana; font-size:12px; border:1px solid #456b82; border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left" cellspacing="0" border="0">

Creature 

cost  
■■
 Azure Mage 
 2/1 

■■■
 Fog Bank 
 0/2 

Spiketail Hatchling 
 1/1 

cost  
■■
 Archaeomancer 
 1/2 

Talrand, Sky Summoner 
 2/2 

Spell 

cost  
■■■
 Sleight of Hand 

cost  
■■
 Disperse 

■■
 Mana Leak 

Twincast 

cost  

Call to Mind 

■■
 Cancel 

Keep Watch 

■■
 Repulse 

cost  
■■■
 Rite of Replication 

cost  

Bribery 

Followed Footsteps 

Panoptic Mirror 

Tidings 

Time Reversal 

■■
 Time Warp 

cost  

Flow of Ideas 

cost  
■■
 Blatant Thievery 

Usually, it will start with me stalling while he get's set up. I'll kill/pacify creatures played by the opponent, distract them with low cost creatures of my own that swing in, and he will see what he has to play with after a few mana drops. Timewarp will be used to put us ahead in drops usually, we don't go for the combo even when we have the Panoptic Mirror in hand with it, unless we are against some obnoxious players who deserve it. Around land drop 5, we will most likely have board control due to both my killing and his counter/bouncing to keep the other side clear. By this time the opposition will be playing threats, which is the biggest mistake they could possibly do. While we can't claim much graveyard manipulaton, not of creatures at least barring my Debtors' Knell, any that hit the field will be used against them via Rite of Replication or Followed Footsteps. At least one of these will most likely be in Tripps hand by this time, since he spends half the damn match drawing all his cards unless we are playing mill. And yes, this does make me slightly jealous. 

Once my Silent Arbiter hits the field, multiple copies will usually be made unless we aren't worried about the other decks' removal, or I have another in hand, Debtors' Knell on the field. Once it is locked in with a whispersilk cloak, that usually spells GG. Tripp will keep fog banks down to block the one creature they can swing with, and I can slide through the defences with the cloak or fly over the top with my Aven Squire, Battlegrace Angel, Sublime Archangel or Divinity of Pride. If my Royal Assassin decides to fly to my hand, all the better, as it completely shuts almost any creature in the game down when the arbiter is in the field. 

Last, but certainly not least is my personal favorite card in the game, Deathbringer Liege. With all the protection Tripp can provide with his counters, and even bounces, once I get him down, we can kill almost every creature than hit's the board without any problems, using the two for one ability provoded by many of the black/white cards. We can tap to swing through, we can kill anything they try to swing with, and if the worst happens and he dies, I have another copy somewhere, and the knell if the game goes on long enough.

Basically, we play board control to the fullest. We take extra turns when we can, we kill anything that moves, and stall anything we can't kill with regenerating Duty-bound Dead, Fog Bank. Our big threats go unbothered due to Cancel and Whispersilk Cloak, and we have multiple copies of the two biggest threats in my deck. Any threat the opposition plays gets copied several times and then killed/exiled, so we don't have to deal with them. If they don't draw the biggest threat they have in time, Tripp will Bribery it before making the copies. If he does this, I will keep a card back to kill it in response to bounce. When they do manage to get something scary, let's not forget that he has Blatant Thievery too, which has won many a game. Panoptic Mirror is a fun toy to play with, which will promote panic and give us a good chuckle as it gets destroyed, when it isn't giving us 5 bombs every turn. Our late game is stronger than any other combo in my opinion, and we have enough stall and kill to get there. Sometimes it doesn't even last long enough, since pro black and pro white can be nightmare drops for anybody to deal with. 

With this combo we have lifegain; removal; bounce; counter; tutor; swinging power; graveyard manipulation; protection from black and white; exile; artifact and enchantment control; hexproof; unblockable creatures; the ability to use any almost any of the opponent's bombs against them and the ability to reduce them to swinging with one creature per turn, right into a fog bank or a duty bound dead. And we only need some of it per game to win. Will somebody please explain to me how any of this makes Exalted Darkness a bad 2hg deck? Because I don't see it. The only thing it has against it is swinging with one a turn, and that benefits Crosswinds until it has copies of the bombs. Finally, and only finally because it isn't a usual play, I can bring any of these cards out of my deck if i'm lucky enough to draw my Demonic Tutor. When we have the chance, which is very rare, Tripp will Twincast, giving us exactly what we need. Even if it's more mana. If I have my knell, I have been known to resurect one of his dead Archaeomancer copies every turn to get my tutor or a kill back, and then swing with it, followed by a swift assassin based death. Situational, but so is removing all creatures and then milling.

Ancient Wild's Bounce Build
Lots of card draw and good creature effecs you can use the portal or primadox to bounce and recast.

Show

3 Elvish Visionary  ----vanilla defender and card draw...
1 Fauna Shaman  ---- gets you the card you need...
2 Thornweald Archer   protection from flyers, deathtoucg
3 Beast Within -- won't remove any of these no matter what anyone says.
1 Carven Caryatid  study defender plus card draw
1 Eternal Witness  --- obviously she will not be removed no matter what
3 Wood Elves  -----mana ramping
2 Erratic Portal  ----these are obvious keepers
2 natural Order  -- usually grab Grab Gaea or a Wurm..
2 Roaring Primadox  ---bounce and return creatures...
2 Vengevine --Haste and auto regeneration....deinite keepers...
1 Yeva, Nature's Herald   --I suppose flash is nice....
2 Acidic Slime  --- keepers but do I need all 3?..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />2 Thragtusk --- gain five life and a 5/3 that leaves behind a 3/3 token when it dies...
1 Lurking Predators 2HG = double the pleasure double the fun
1 Primordial sage  --- more card draw---
1 Soul of the Harvest
2 Wild Pair  ---this card is insanely awesome
1 Elderscale Wurm  combined with yeva (flash) and a portal you can bounce and recast this protecting it...
1 Gaea's Revenge haste, can't be the product of nongreen sources and spells....
1 Pelakka Wurm  +7 life and a 7/7 body works...

Pack Instinct

Mana ramp build---load up on forests early and start dropping bombs...

Born of Flame
Creature control and faceburning...

Show

This deck can run out of steam so you want cards that give you card advantage (run all three Chandra's Phoenix, cars that hit players and creatures simultaneously or simply multiple targets. You have no way of drawing extra cards so this is your only means of obtaining card advantage.

1-  Blaze
1-  Earthquake
2 – Flame Slash
1-  Lightning Bolt
1 – Red Sun Zenith
3 -Searing Blaze
4 - Searing Spear
3- Chandras Phoenix
2 - Flamebreak
2 -  Flames of the Blood Hand
2 -  Flames of the Firebrand
1 Sulfuric Vortex
1- Chain Reaction
2 - Obsidian Fireheart
1 Beacon of Destruction
1 cone of flame
2- Fire Servant
2 Magma Phoenix
1 Fireblast
2- Hostility
2- Inferno Titan

Gobin Gangland
Thx to HenWen for many suggestion and advice...

Show

2 Goblin Arsonist
1 Goblin Bushwhacker
1 Goblin Fireslinger
2 Goblin Grenade
2 Goblin Guide
1 Goblin War Strike
2 Raging Goblin
2 Shock
2 Ember Hauler
2 Goblin Piledriver
1 Goblin Wardriver
3 Krenko's Command
3 Gempalm Incinerator
3 Goblin Chieftain
1 Goblin Warchief
1 Clickslither
1 Goblin Fire Fiend
2 Goblin Ringleader
1 Krenko, Mob Boss
2 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Voracious Dragon

This deck's strategy is simple, hit them fast and hit them hard. To me the biggest weakness of this deck is against Liliana because it has so many ways to clear the board and kill all your creatures. This deck pairs well Peacekeepers and the Burn deck. You can win fast with these combinations.

Crosswinds --I get to Play forever build...

Show

The only changes I will ever usually make to this is taking out a drake or a draw card such as Tidings and putting in two of the Talrand's Invocations.

3 Sleight of Hand
2 Disperse
3 Fog Bank
2 Mana Leak
1 Spiketail Hatchling
1 Twincast
1 Call to Mind
2 Counterspell
1 Keep Watch
2 Repulse
2 Archaeomancer
3 Rite of Replication
1 Talrand. Sky Summoner
1 Bribery
1 Followed Footsteps
2 Future Sight
1- Panoptic Mirror
1 Spiketail Drake
1 Tidings
1 Time Reversal
2 Time Warp
1 Flow of Ideas
2 Blatant Thievary

Tip: I always thought you had to take two turns to get get a card embedded in the mirror to use it but if you cast the mirror on turn 6 as soon as your turn begins on turn seven you press square and stop the timer before you draw any cards or anything. Do that and activate your mirror, choose your spell to copy and then you can use it on that very turn. The big ones are to put Time Warp in there for infinite turns or Rite of Replication for five drops every turn.

In addition, if you have a time warp in your graveyard a Followed Footsteps on an Archaeomance gives you infinte turns as well. Twincast is a nice little ablity as well. Works great with exsanguinates when paired with Liliana.

Exalted Light: Admit it, you're a control freak build!

Show

I run all the Cathedrals and Evolving wilds because otherwise mana screwing is too frequent with this deck. It has 12 black and 8 white lands when running 61 cards so these extra six act as lands and balance the deck out and put it on par with other decks. Just remember the silent arbiter is broken so people can cheat and get around it.

2 Cathedral of War
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Aven Squire  --- for 2 mana an exalted flyer seems worth it...
2 Child of the Night  Hard to pass up the lifelink in an exalted deck.
1 Demonic Tutor
3 Doom Blade
2 Knight of Glory  -- protection against black is nice
2 Knight of Infamy  --- protection against white is nice...
1 Mark of Asylum --- good against the burn
1 Spirit Mantle  --- only play one of the three because I don't want to get 2 for 1ed and give up card advantage...
1 Mortify
1 Pillory of the Sleepless
1 Royal Assassin ---- I love this guy....Destroy anything that is attacking you or use with the Deathbringer Leige...
2Unmake
2 Vindicate ---these can kill land or artifacts/enchantments as well
2 Whispersilk Cloak 
1 No Mercy only works for YOU in 2HG, not your teammate.
2 Silent Arbiter ---even though broke most people don't know/honor it.
1 Worship   --- Can be a lifesaver.......
2 Deathbringer Liege  tap and kill enemies just by playing cards...
2 [c[Divinity of Pride[/c]   -- almost seems like a must with 2HG stating at 30 with its lifelink and the Child of the Night cards...
1 Debtor's Knell

Peacekeepers
Coming Soon
I play mostly 2HG as well.    I think Talrand's deck plus any decent  control/stall deck (Obediant Dead and Chandra's fore example) is a very strong combination.   If you just stay alive long enough then Talrand's deck will win with something ridiculous like Rite of Replication or the Mirror.     All the decks are more powerful than in Duels 2012 but Talrand's is the most absurd in the lategame.    

Jace's deck and the lifegain deck is the single strongest combination probably for obvious reasons but I don't particularly like either of those decks.
Just a quck response on your Born in Flames build.
Here's my setup.

Creatures:

1 Torch Fiend
3 Chandra's Phoenix
2 Obsidian Fireheart
1 Magma Phoenix
1 Hostility
2 Inferno Titan

Sorcery spells:

1 Earthquake
2 Flame Slash
1 Flamebreak
2 Flames of the Firebrand
1 Chain Reaction
1 Cone of Flame
1 Flame wave

Instants:

1 Lightning Bolt
3 Searing Blaze
3 Searing Spear
2 Flames of the Blood Hand
1 Chandra's Outrage
1 Beacon of Destruction
1 Chandra's Fury
1 Fireblast

Enchantments:

1 Sulfuric Vortex
1 Furnace of Rath

Artifacts:

2 Ruby Medallion
1 Swiftfoot Boots

I know it must seem weird that I don't use the Fire Servant, but the fact that it's a 5 mana cost creature and he only has 3 toughness is the key for me not including him in my deck. His ability is great but you spend probably all your mana playing him unless it's with a medallion or 2 down and when he gets knocked off by some removal spell it's a bummer for me.

Torch fiends purpose is the removal of artifacts and often I keep it on my hand knowing that my opponent will most likely drop a card like Panoptic Mirror or Erratic Portal instead of playing him and letting them kill him before I can target something.

I use Swiftfoot Boots for the purpose of giving my titans haste or in the case I don't draw any of the 2, I equip it on Obsidian Fireheart f.ex

Haste together with hexproof on a titan is a sweet deal. 6/6 creature, you deal 3 damage to some creatures or for direct damage and you get to do it 2 times on 1 turn. After that your opponent will have a problem removing him unless he can destroy the equipment. Cool

Beacon of Destruction and Fireblast are great for the final knockout and Fireblast is really sweet when backed up by Furnace of Rath (ofcourse all firespells are). Innocent
Rather than posting entire decklists, I will just post a few cards that I think are more worthwhile in 2hg.

Liliana:
Liliana's spectre, Underworld Dreams, and exsanguinate are all more worthwhile in 2hg. 

Nefarox:  pretty much sucks in 2hg.

Ajani - I always feel too dirty playing a turn 1 serra ascendant to want to try this deck.

Odric - if your ally is Goblins, you can add the 3/1 warcry paladins for major beats.  Obtained a turn 4 kill with a goblin ally this way.  You can also build for a slower game, in which case the 1/2 tapper guys are great, but you probably want an ally that can counterspell to prevent your tokens from getting wiped. 

Chandra - her cards have basically the same effectiveness as in 1v1, just be sure to run all the sweepers obviously.  I think she is actually great comboed with Talrand.

Goblins - same effectiveness as in single player.  Warren instigator is probably less likely to get damage through.

Yeva: Erratic portal is already an all-star, but with twice as many potential sources of removal and twice as many creatures to protect it becomes amazing.  Her cards have roughly the same effectiveness as in 1v1. 

Garruk:  Theoretically, Fangren firstborn is better than in 1v1. 

Jace:  No comment.

Talrand:  Twincast becomes better in 2hg.  I twincasted an allies befoul to mana screw both of our opponents simultaneously. Time warp is already amazing and becomes even better.  Rite becomes even better.

I know it must seem weird that I don't use the Fire Servant, but the fact that it's a 5 mana cost creature and he only has 3 toughness is the key for me not including him in my deck. His ability is great but you spend probably all your mana playing him unless it's with a medallion or 2 down and when he gets knocked off by some removal spell it's a bummer for me.

I wouldn't dream of using him to attack and only to defend when absolutely necessary. He is there as a potential blocker/attacker but the main thing you are paying five mana for is so all your spells do double damage. The furnace of rath is 4 but that works against you. Paying five for one that doesn't work against you and is a 4/3 to boot seems worth it to me. Plus my deck is built entirely around killing with sorcery/instant spells.
I play only 2hg and I do very well most of the time. I like to use a green deck ( does not matter which one) plus a control deck. Most of the time I just out number the other player with creatures and just rush them. With ether green deck creature building can be very fast. This allows me to beat the mills or life deck before they can gain life or deck me.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Some good combos I've run lately:

#1.  Obedient Dead & Dream Puppets

#2.  Goblin's Gangland & Peacekeepers

#3.  Crosswinds & Ancient Wilds (yeva)

For now I'll just add the basic key tactics behind the first combo, since that's my most played and I don't feel like typing a lot

#1.  Obedient Dead & Dream Puppets

(Obedient Dead point of view)

Underworld Dreams is an important card to go for in the starting hand.  Run both of them if you're gonna do this combo. It's like the black version of Serra Ascendant, minus the turn 1 cheesyness.  Your partner doesn't need Howling Mine or Font of Mythos, all he wants to try and get is Wheel and Deal.  My own partner doesn't run the former 2 because he doesn't want to help the other team draw helpful cards.

Basically if you can get both those cards out (Underworld Dreams and Wheel and Deal) without being countered, you can secure 20 damage as early as turn 4.  If your partner gets an early Jace's Phantasm out for some damage, this can mean game-over for the opposing team.  If you get your second Underworld Dreams out before your partner casts Wheel and Deal, that's 28 damage in one shot, not to mention the following 4 damage your opponents will take on their next upkeep.

Defensive-wise, the Dreamborn Muses your partner runs won't  hurt you as bad as long as you make sure to grab either a Rise from the Grave or a powerful late-game card into your hand BEFORE he puts it on the field.  Teamwork and communicating these kinds of tactics is key here.  You want to make sure you both don't get in each others way-- make sure his friendly-fire milling will help you if he's gonna do it.

You should also be running Phage the Untouchable in 2HG, this combo included.  The majority of meta involves the lifegain deck, so you don't want to depend soley on damage to kill them, despite how much you can do.  They have the Elixir of Immortality to protect themselves from getting decked out, and they have several "destroy all creatures" cards that they can repeatedly shuffle into their deck (potentially) by using that and Well of Lost Dreams.  The good thing about Phage is that she's an alternate win condition and if your partner saves his bounces until the late-game, he can protect her from your opponents' removal spells as well as bounce any defenders off the board.  Trust me, when you have that hour-long game where the guy your against has the well of lost dreams constantly drawing cards, and they both have like 500+ health-- you'll want the alternate win condition.

It's true that your partner SHOULD be milling the other guy in such a stall scenario, but with the potential to repeatedly shuffle and cast Solemn Offering on artifacts and enchantments, he can make it a lot harder on your partner's milling engine (not to mention the ability to exile the limited Dreamborn Muses) he'll have on the field.

You should also be running at least one Exsanguinate for life-gain.  Usually you'll kill your opponents before you use it as a finisher, but because it strikes BOTH their health it can save you a lot more than you think, and works better than Corrupt when it comes to damage & lifegain, excepting of course the fact that it can't target a creature.  Still useful-- Still worth a spot.

Nightmare Incursion looks good on paper and in theory, but with the extremely limited in-game timer, I recommend taking it out until it's patched.  I knew I was going to take out my opponent's flying monster than lets them win if they have 40 life on their next upkeep, but as I found the monster and rapidly spammed the "A" button (xbox), I ran out of time and nothing got sent to his graveyard.  Very frustrating, even when you know what to get rid of in advance.  I think they gave me like 20 seconds to do it...nowhere near enough time.

Avatar of Woe is a surprisingly effective inclusion as well, considering that your partner will be milling your opponents.  Ten creatures hit the graveyard pretty fast, especially if he's doing his job.  More times than not you'll be able to get her out for the cheaper 2CMC, and can halt your opponents from summoning any creatures until they deal with it.
Some good combos I've run lately:

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />
#3.  Crosswinds & Ancient Wilds (yeva)

I suffered my worst beting ever against well coordinated teammates using this last night.

Basically you destroy enemy mana and cripple them. I had eleven total mana that game and only 2 on the board.

Here is an Ancient Wild Setup...

Two Erratic Portal + 4 Roaring Primadox + two Acidiic Slime + two Beast Within

Essentially you remove one of your characters every turn and recast it an destroy things in the process (e.g. land, etc). Keep recasting Acidic Slime and destroying the enemy land. If this is paired with Crosswinds your teammate can even return your creatures to your own hand with spells like Unsummon.

Fauna Shaman and the two Natural Order + Terastodon[/c] gives you a 9/9 and takes three permanents from your enemy, though they get 3 3/3 cards in return. Add in three Elvish Visionary to keep drawing extra cards  each turn. You can even recall the Terastodon with Eternal Witness and take three more cards away. You can even return Thragtusk and Pelakka Wurm for + 5 or +7 life a turn. One game we were hit by 11 points a turn by fliers about 7 turns in a row (none of us had cards) but I kept returning and recasting the Wurm each time gaining us 7 life keeping us in the game, hoping we could draw something good. If my partner wasn't using an 85 card Life Deck and wasn't useless we could have won as I had Terastodon as well. Also Stingerfling Spider can be recasted and continually destroy targets with flying (a weakness of this deck). ..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />If you could mix decks I would go add in from Primal Instinct Ulvenwald Tracker to kill enemy creatures, Indrik Stomphowler to continually destroy artifacts, Avenger of Zendikar for infinite blockers, etc. That would be insane. Also include 2 [c]Taunting Elf]/c] in this. You don't need a big army to win. You just need to attack with the Elf and its game over.

I just removed the Pelakka Wurm though since its 7 mana and the three Thragtusk at 5 mana should be sufficient with the recasters if you ever need life gain. I'd also throw Wild Pair in as an enchantment too since any of these key creatures you paly would double automatically.
I had a nice run with Liliana + Yeva. Erratic Portal with Nekrataal, Rune-Scarred Demon and/or Massacre Wurm is pretty nasty.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />You should also be running Phage the Untouchable in 2HG, this combo included.  The majority of meta involves the lifegain deck, so you don't want to depend soley on damage to kill them, despite how much you can do.  They have the Elixir of Immortality to protect themselves from getting decked out, and they have several "destroy all creatures" cards that they can repeatedly shuffle into their deck (potentially) by using that and Well of Lost Dreams.  The good thing about Phage is that she's an alternate win condition and if your partner saves his bounces until the late-game, he can protect her from your opponents' removal spells as well as bounce any defenders off the board.  Trust me, when you have that hour-long game where the guy your against has the well of lost dreams constantly drawing cards, and they both have like 500+ health-- you'll want the alternate win condition.

Having phage inflict damage on an opponent is so situational though. You essentially need to clear the board don't you? No one is going to let that through? Though I guess I am new to bounce spells so I am not sure how you can stop a blocker from blocking Phage. What car do you use?

And about 95% of the Life Decks on PSN run out of steam about turn 4-5. They get their Serra Ascendant and shoot up to 50 health the first few turns while you sometimes drop to 18 or so but I never worry. They either have way too many cards in their deck or don't set it up right at all and can't finish the game. Whenever I see cards like Kor Cartographer or that Goldenglow Moth or Kemba's Skyguard  or Knight of Meadowgrain I know they lost unless their teammate goes berserk. Their deck is set up for free for all, not two headed giant. My life deck can actually finish the game with just 60 cards, as I have two kill all cards but mainly I want to give us life and keep us alive untily my teammante can mill them or give us 3 straight turns/use right of replication or until his Obedient Dead deck with those monstrous creatures gets going. Those stupid gain 2 life or 2/2 lifelink creatures are a waste though. Too much better stuff in the life deck.

But basically I have 4 Serra Ascendant, 4 Soul Warden and 3 Ajani Pridemate and just one Lone Missionary though he could come out honestly. The next creature in my deck is the Baneslayer Angel followed by Felidar Sovereign[/c].

All those little 2/2 creatures are useless. You'll gain life with the Beacons, Soul Warden's and Ascendants and artifacts just fine. Besides, those two White Sun's Zenith give you all the little 2/2 blocking creatures you want.

Having phage inflict damage on an opponent is so situational though. You essentially need to clear the board don't you? No one is going to let that through? Though I guess I am new to bounce spells so I am not sure how you can stop a blocker from blocking Phage. What car do you use?

Whenever I see cards like Kor Cartographer or that Goldenglow Moth or Kemba's Skyguard  or Knight of Meadowgrain I know they lost unless their teammate goes berserk. Their deck is set up for free for all, not two headed giant. My life deck can actually finish the game with just 60 cards, as I have two kill all cards but mainly I want to give us life and keep us alive untily my teammante can mill them or give us 3 straight turns/use right of replication or until his Obedient Dead deck with those monstrous creatures gets going. Those stupid gain 2 life or 2/2 lifelink creatures are a waste though. Too much better stuff in the life deck.

But basically I have 4 Serra Ascendant, 4 Soul Warden and 3 Ajani Pridemate and just one Lone Missionary though he could come out honestly. The next creature in my deck is the Baneslayer Angel followed by Felidar Sovereign[/c].

The fact that you have Lone Missionary over Knight of Meadowgrain seems weird to me. A one-shot 4 life with a vanilla 2/1 body versus a 2/2 life linking first striker for the same cost seems like a crappy tradeoff. The knight will get you at least 2 life or draw burn and if played well will deter early attacks and/or gain you more than 4 life over the course of its life and/or draw out a burn that probably wouldn't be wasted on missionary.

No offense, but I kind of feel like this is why Ajani is so popular in 2HG - there's really no need for any specific build or strategy. You may as well say this:

"Strategy for Celestial Light in 2HG- Include all 4x Serra Ascendant and whatever else want. Mulligan if you don't get Ascendant in opening hand. Drop turn 1 Ascendant and either a) win outright with it, or b) buy so much time with life gain and havng enemy stall it that ally can win game." Done.

I don't mean to sound rude but Lone Missionary is probably the worst creature in that entire deck with maybe the exception of that 7/7 Celestial elemental thing that is pretty darn overcosted. Even the moth will probably at the very least net you the same lifegain for a single block and can block fliers for 1 less mana.

EDIT: Actually I forgot about Kor Cartographer who is probably the worst, followed by missionary.

EDIT 2: I just re-read your Ajani build and there's a lot of stuff that doesn't really make sense to me in terms of cost/reward/slot utility. Ajani's Mantra is only really anywhere near playable because of Ajani's Pridemate but you should be gaining life regularly enough that it doesn't matter. That and the fact that there are already so many 2 drops in the deck. Pearl Medallion is not too effective here either because aside from Felidar and Beacon I don't see anything else over 6 mana. It's also a two drop. Finally, Landbind Ritual can get you a lot of life but it's pretty unneccesary. At its land drop it gets you 10 life and taps you out. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just include the Hierophant or something that affects board position and over the course of his life, which at 5 toughness will presumably be a while, will probably get you a lot more than the ritual.

It all goes back to my point about the problem with this deck in 2HG. You could have stopped at 4x Ascendant because that's all this deck needs to be useful/overwhelmingingly good in 2HG. A turn one 6/6 lifelinking flier is abusive. A turn one that could block and kill Baneslayer Angel AND gain you 6 life is just silly.
Also: and this is for "pure upside" purposes, a Knight of Meadowgrain equipped with a Basilisk Collar will never die in actual combat unless it goes against a fellow First Striker, or is at least triple-blocked (with the surviving blocker having a power of at least 2).

Lone Missionary is as sad as the position it suggests.
Also: and this is for "pure upside" purposes, a Knight of Meadowgrain equipped with a Basilisk Collar will never die in actual combat unless it goes against a fellow First Striker, or is at least triple-blocked (with the surviving blocker having a power of at least 2).

As I said

But basically I have 4 Serra Ascendant , 4 Soul Warden and 3 Ajani Pridemate and just one Lone Missionary though he could come out honestly.

He is pretty useless.

Imagine equipping him with both Loxodon Warhammer and Basilisk Collar, it doesn't die in combat and it can't be chumped, even with 12/12s
One thing I keep in mind when building my decks is which other decks I will pair it with.  I pretty much only play 2HG, and I don't have that many people on my friends list that play, so from my perspective I'm typically with a random teammate, who picks and deck, and I pick my deck in response.  So, for example, I build my Liliana deck, knowing that if I play that deck my teammate is playing Jace.

So some pairings I'd recommend:
Jace - Liliana, Ajani
Liliana - Jace, Talrand
Nefarox - Chandra
Krenko - Odric, Chandra, Garruk
Odric - Krenko
Talrand - Liliana, Ajani
Garruk - Chandra, Krenko
Ajani - Talrand, Jace

Chandra I find pairs with almost anything.
Yeva, I haven't figured out what to pair with yet.  Maybe a more control-oriented Odric?
Not to mention casting a kicked Rite of Replication on Acidic Slime-- nearly guarantees a rage-quit from the guy you target, since now he'll have like 4 lands.  If you mirror kicked it then he'll have even less, and you can guarantee both have no land within 3 or so turns.

I've since taken out phage, because as it was said, she is too situational.  I'm better off waiting for the life-gain's partner to get decked out, if I'm in a situation where he has 1000+ life.

I've also taken out avatar of woe, because even with a good mill partner you're still depending on some form of luck (to get creatures in graveyards) and i rather have a different bomb.  it's also bad when an opponent casts body double on it and uses it against you the whole game, while you never even summoned it yourself.
Anyone have a good 2HG Goblin build? I just can't seem to build armies as fast as other people even though I have the multilying goblins inside?
Anyone have a good 2HG Goblin build? I just can't seem to build armies as fast as other people even though I have the multilying goblins inside?

If you post your current deck list I'm sure other people would give some feedback.
This is how I started my Goblin Deck but it seems to be bad because I don't have much luck with it in 2HG unless I am drawing bad/playing wrong/pairing it wrong. Not sure.

2 Goblin Grenade
1 Goblin War Strike
2 Ember Hauler
2 Smelt
2 Shock
2 Goblin Piledriver
1 Goblin Wardriver
3 Krenko's Command
1 Ring of Valkas
3 Gempalm Incinerator
3 Goblin Chieftain
1 Goblin Offensive
1 Goblin Warchief
2 Goblin Fire Fiend
1 Goblin Goon
2 Goblin Ringleader
1 Krenko, Mob Boss
3 Reckless One
2 Relentless Assault
2 Siege-Gang Commander

Wow, no wonder you are having problems.

- 2 smelt
- 1 ring of valkas
- 1 goblin offensive
- 2 goblin warchief
-1 goblin goon
-3 reckless one
-2 relentless assault

+2 raging goblin
+2 goblin guide
+1 goblin fireslinger
+2 goblin bushwhacker
+2 goblin arsonist
+1 goblin artillery

Normally I have 2 warren instigator for 1v1 play, but unless your ally is Chandra it is probably a bad idea in 2hg, because the odds are great it will get removed.  Instead, try:
+1 clickslither
+1 voracious dragon

These are both great finishers.

You might also remove 2 raging goblins for 2 arms dealer.

Try goblins in 2hg paired with an Odric ally using the 3/1 warcry paladins.  Warcry affects ALL attacking creatures.  I have achieved several turn 4 wins using this combo.  It isn't as difficult as you think - the starting life total is 30, meaning 25% lower than what both aggro decks would face in 2 1v1 matches.  Odric and Goblins actually have some great synergies - Goblins are very good at removing 2 power creatures cheaply early in the game, and Odric can remove creatures with high toughness or any troublesome permanent.  Goblins are fantastic at early rush and will do 60-70% of the damage in the first few turns, but Odric will continue to grow in power as he casts more anthem effects and gets  cards like Captain of the Watch.
killabkilledb: You could also pair with Chandra for reach, or Garruk.  Other than those two and Garruk, the other decks don't really work together.  I'd go with most of HenWen's changes.  Also, take out the Goblin Fire Fiends, they're really bad.
@Dvestal - Yeva is great with Talrand.

I'm wary of the B/G combo, because you have no removal, and both decks are aiming for the late-game.  How do these games normally play out?
The idea is to massacre lands somewhere around turn 5.

Beast within serves as a form of removal and talrand can bounce things and counter in the meantime, not to mention the stall creatures.  Once yeva gets the acidic slime out, you copy it, then yeva throws it back in the next turn and casts again, and then maybe does natural order somewhere around there for terrestadon to kill 3 more lands.  Once you cripple one of the opponent's mana piles it's pretty much game over.
Soul of the harvest is also a great creature to copy for talrand, since it provides nearly infinite card draw whenever you cast a non-token creature.  copy him, then put followed footsteps on something-- thats like a free future sight engine without the future sight-- if you add the future sight on top of that, talrand will be almost unstoppable at getting the cards he needs.

You could also kick rite of replication on terrestadon and ensure the massacre of the opponent's lands (if you got a mirror to early kick it, or something).  Not to mention followed footsteps on primordial sage, or twincasting momentous fall, or helping yeva bounce creatures back to his hand to get the ETB effects back early.

There's a ton of synergy between them if played right

Wow, no wonder you are having problems.

- 2 smelt
- 1 ring of valkas
- 1 goblin offensive
- 2 goblin warchief
-1 goblin goon
-3 reckless one
-2 relentless assault

+2 raging goblin
+2 goblin guide
+1 goblin fireslinger
+2 goblin bushwhacker
+2 goblin arsonist
+1 goblin artillery

Normally I have 2 warren instigator for 1v1 play, but unless your ally is Chandra it is probably a bad idea in 2hg, because the odds are great it will get removed.  Instead, try:
+1 clickslither
+1 voracious dragon

These are both great finishers.

You might also remove 2 raging goblins for 2 arms dealer.

Try goblins in 2hg paired with an Odric ally using the 3/1 warcry paladins.  Warcry affects ALL attacking creatures.  I have achieved several turn 4 wins using this combo.  It isn't as difficult as you think - the starting life total is 30, meaning 25% lower than what both aggro decks would face in 2 1v1 matches.  Odric and Goblins actually have some great synergies - Goblins are very good at removing 2 power creatures cheaply early in the game, and Odric can remove creatures with high toughness or any troublesome permanent.  Goblins are fantastic at early rush and will do 60-70% of the damage in the first few turns, but Odric will continue to grow in power as he casts more anthem effects and gets  cards like Captain of the Watch.

I am going to give your changes a go but I don't think I've ever played an opponent that didn't use Reckless One and I am guessing because the cost is so cheap for goblins the warcheif isn't really necesary?

Thanks for the tips. Going to try it!
@Dvestal - Yeva is great with Talrand.

I'm wary of the B/G combo, because you have no removal, and both decks are aiming for the late-game.  How do these games normally play out?

I won 2/3 games today with this pair. Got (Content Removed) by the Mill and Serra Ascendant though we were still 1 turn from winning. The only one we lost was against a mill/LifeDeck combo. It is a slower setup but if you both get to 5 mana you have a great shot at winning. Plus Natural Order is a beast of a card when you grab the Terastodon and remove 3 enemy lands. Or keep recasting Acidic Slime with a Roaring Primadox or Erratic Portal. Talrand can even return creatures to green's hand.

Nothing sucks worse then losing three land on turn 4. I hate natural order when I play against it.

(ORC_Cerberus: Edited - Inappropriate Content - Explicit Content is against the Code of Conduct)  
First game with the new goblin deck was a win vs Talrand and Yeva.....One turn 5 or 6 we won it....teamamte was using Chandra and only had 4 mana when it was over...
Second game was another quick win..... a new teammate used the Lifedeck and got a Serra Ascendant on the first turn and by the second to third turn I had 4 2/2 goblins out there with haste....new deck is working

Big props to Henwen!!! Thx!
Second game was another quick win..... a new teammate used the Lifedeck and got a Serra Ascendant on the first turn and by the second to third turn I had 4 2/2 goblins out there with haste....new deck is working

Yeah, cause this post is going to go over well.

Yeah, cause this post is going to go over well.

I don't pick my teammate's deck. I would have had them down to 15 myself by turn 4 regardless of what my teammate did. The deck is working good from what I can see so far.

And just edited to add....we played one game vs the lifedeck as well.

I am going to give your changes a go but I don't think I've ever played an opponent that didn't use Reckless One and I am guessing because the cost is so cheap for goblins the warcheif isn't really necesary?
Thanks for the tips. Going to try it!

Reckless One can be a "win more" card, is a relatively expensive 4-mana, and lacks trample, card advantage, or reach.
Warchief would be good in theory, but doesn't work with most cards in the deck.  It doesn't help the cost of 1-drops, double-red 2-drops, Krenko's Command, or cycling Gempalm Incinerator.

I personally don't really care about the cost reduction benefit from Warchief, but rather the "Goblin creatures you control have haste."
I personally don't really care about the cost reduction benefit from Warchief, but rather the "Goblin creatures you control have haste."

Same for me, and my theory is more goblins more better. But then again, if a sweeper goes off then I lose all steam and probably won't get it back. Goblin deck to me seems like "swing more, swing often, damage, damage, damage = Win" Which I like a lot. 

The iPhone is perfect for people who want an easy to use, multifunction device. Android is a little more user intensive, but can do anything that iOS can do. DoTP developers, give us Duels 2014 on Android! My nexus 7/Galaxy Note 2 is easily capable of handling it if my 4 year old gateway laptop can.

That's fine, I was simply answering the question as to why to cut it.  I've had it both in, and out, of my deck and I think it can go either way.
I updated the OP with the Goblin deck with thanks to Henwen and I updated Chandra just a bit and my lifedeck by a few cards thanks to Scarykoolaid. I just removed all mill cards from Jace and I am going to see how that goes lol.....but before that I want to post my Talrand deck build for review....seems to work fine for me onling...
Crosswinds
60 Cards

I keep all counter spells, cards where you can reaquire cast spells and anything allowing you to unsummon. My only weakness might be the lack of flyers. I removed 2 Favorable Winds and 4 Talrand's Invocation butI can see how some people ould make this a flying sort of deck but I do it differently. Should I drop one or two of the 3 Kraken Hatchling for 2 Talrand's Invocation

Land -- 25

Creatures
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Fog Bank
2 Archaeomancer
1 Talrand, Sky Summoner

Sorcery/Enchantments
3 Sleight of Hand
2 Disperse
2 Mana Leak
1 Twincast
1 Call to Mind
2 Counterspell
2 Repulse

3 Rite of Replication
1 Bribery
1 Followed Footsteps
2 Future Sight
1 Time Reversal
2 Time Warp
2 Blatant Thievary

Artifact
1- Panoptic Mirror

Tip: I always thought you had to take two turns to get get a card embedded in the mirror to use it but if you cast the mirror on turn 6 as soon as your upkeep begins on turn seven you press square and stop the timer before you draw any cards or anything. Do that and activate your mirror, choose your spell to copy and then you can use it on that very turn. The bg ones are to put Time Warp in there for infinite turns or Rite of Replication for five drops every turn.

The reason I have fog banks and Kracklen Hatchlings is just for early blockers. I want to stay alive unitl turn 7. By then you should be able to change the whole climate of the game around. You can go from near death to winning the game. I've learned that you are never really out of the game with Talrand until you have 0 life.

This deck is useful. You can return your own creaturs (Archaeomancer) to keep fetching and recasting spells or save your own teammates good creatures from Murder type cards by returning them to his/her hand. Sometimes before casting a panoptic mirror, if I can, I wait until I have 8 mana as I would like a counterspell with it but depending on the decks my opponent plays, their mana situation, number of cards, etc. You don't wan to put a panoptic mirror out only to have it destroyed by a Solemn Offering next turn...

This deck synergizes with Yeva as well. You can return Acidic Slime to an opponent's hand and he can recast it destroyin a prmanent. Same thing with a Liliana Shade. You can make your opponents discard multiple cards, etc. One guy on here even use Rite of Replication on a Hedron Crab[/c] and milled the mill deck.
Goblin Deck going a little cold. Lost two games against Liliana and had one game won but the Life Deck and its 4 mana destroy all creatures card....Why does Mass Calcify cost 7 but that cost 4?
Goblin Deck going a little cold. Lost two games against Liliana and had one game won but the Life Deck and its 4 mana destroy all creatures card....Why does Mass Calcify cost 7 but that cost 4?

Serious question?

Day of Judgment destroys all creatures, especially your own.
Mass Calcify destroys all creatures, but leaves your White creatures alive.

Serious question?

Still pretty crappy that no matter the strenght of the creatures, their quantity, or your quantity of mana, you can kill the whole board with 4 mana. You never use a DofJ when you have a lot of creatures out so its essentially more similar to mass calcify than you are implying.

Serious question?

Still pretty **** that you can clear the board with four mana no matter how many mana you have or how strong your enemy is. And you don't even use DofJ when you have a lot of creatures out so its essentially more similar to mass calcify than you think.

Creatures can still be regenerated and indestructibles will still survive. On that note Mutillate is almost strictly better as long as you have enough mana.

Serious question?

Still pretty **** that you can clear the board with four mana no matter how many mana you have or how strong your enemy is. And you don't even use DofJ when you have a lot of creatures out so its essentially more similar to mass calcify than you think.

Yeah, I see that the staple card of Magic since Alpha (re: Wrath of God) bothers you, but no, Mass Calcify has a far more powerful effect than Day of Judgment. Mass Calcify is more Plague Wind than Day of Judgement. If you have a bunch of stuff and your opponent has a bunch more stuff, or stuff you can't touch (Shroud, Hexproof, Protection) then you have to give up all your stuff to get rid of theirs. Mass Calcify only kills non-white so you keep (virtually) everything you have. That's why it's more expensive.

The fact that Day of Judgment can be used intelligently/tactically is no fault of the card's.

Creatures can still be regenerated and indestructibles will still survive. On that note Mutillate is almost strictly better as long as you have enough mana.

On the other hand, Mutilate will also kill all your creatures if you have too much land. Mass Calcify has almost no collateral damage. Plague Wind has even less.
Crosswinds
60 Cards

I keep all counter spells, cards where you can reaquire cast spells and anything allowing you to unsummon. My only weakness might be the lack of flyers. I removed 2 Favorable Winds and 4 Talrand's Invocation butI can see how some people ould make this a flying sort of deck but I do it differently. Should I drop one or two of the 3 Kraken Hatchling for 2 Talrand's Invocation

Land -- 25

Creatures
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Fog Bank
2 Archaeomancer
1 Talrand, Sky Summoner

Sorcery/Enchantments
3 Sleight of Hand
2 Disperse
2 Mana Leak
1 Twincast
1 Call to Mind
2 Counterspell
2 Repulse

3 Rite of Replication
1 Bribery
1 Followed Footsteps
2 Future Sight
1 Time Reversal
2 Time Warp
2 Blatant Thievary

Artifact
1- Panoptic Mirror

Looks pretty good.    Depends on what your metagame is.    I find in 2HG the really aggro decks (goblins and Odric) are very rarely played so in that case you could easily drop some (or all) of the Hatchlings for something else.    I'm not a big fan of Blatant Thievary myself but in a control heavy environment I guess it could work.    I also really don't like Followed Footsteps but a lot of other people do so if you like it, go for it.    My build is pretty much the same except I have 3 Invocations instead of the 2 Theivary and Footsteps.     I figure all I have to do is survive and if I get to late game then winning with Mirror or RoR will be easy.    Having the Thievary and Footsteps feels like it clogs up the deck with more expensive win conditions that I just don't need (and aren't as efficient as RoR/Mirror) and I want to make sure I survive until late game.