Creating a Class Questions

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Am going to run a homebrew rules adventure set in Forgotten Relams (3.5). I have never dont this before but who do you build a homebrew class and what information do I need to build a class.
If it involves doritios,mountain dew and bloodshed COUNT ME IN!!!
The dmg covers how to make a class with the witch.

However, if you are absolutely certain that you can balance the thing, you just look at other classes.  Mimic abilities to be similar to the other classes.  Then post it here: community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7588...
Ask for help balancing it.
The dmg covers how to make a class with the witch.

However, if you are absolutely certain that you can balance the thing, you just look at other classes.  Mimic abilities to be similar to the other classes.  Then post it here: community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7588...
Ask for help balancing it.

Thank You So much for the information I will look at the post and my DMG
Besides the witch, in the paragraph after the witch's spell list, is a description of how to convert a normal ranger to an undead slayer... I used that as an example for a demon-slayer in my last campaign.

I've taken the monk class and dropped some of it's more eastern flavor abilities and swapped them for more western flavor abilities to make a class called the Friar. I substituted some of their bonus feats such as snatch arrows for exalted feats from the Book of Exalted Deeds supplement (an evil friar could use The Tome of Vile Darkness for ideas).

Start with an existing class and change one or two things then give them one ability that is unique to them if you can. The temptation is to give the class a whole bunch of powers because they all seem cool and fitting. Choose the best one and let the rest be options... like a 10th level thief in 3.5e... they could be choices he gets at higher level, but only gets to pick one of the powers.

A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.
I appricate all of your information this helps me out alot. Hoepfully my evil adveture will turn out well.
Sign In to post comments