WW Humans with Ajani

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Before M13 I played W/r humans. I did good for me the first few weeks playing it but later on I started not doing so well with it. I did kinda feel that the red did not do enough for the deck because the only things i needed red for were Lightning Mauler and Slayer's Stronghold. With the release of M13 it gave me Ajani, Caller of the Pride. While i feel that there are people out there who over hype this card I think it does exactly what a human deck would want. With it's +1  I can make one of my dudes stronger and it's -3 makes it easier to swing in for the game. I don't feel that I will ever bust out his ultimate so i'm not worried about it.

[deck]

Land [23]

04 Cavern of Souls
21 Plains

Creatures [28]

4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveler
3 Elite Inquisitor
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2 Grand Abolisher
4 Silverblade Paladin
2 Mirran Crusader
4 Hero of Bladehold
2 Restoration Angel

Non Creatures [9]

4 Honor of the Pure
3 Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2 Oblivion Ring

SB [15]

1 Thalia
2 Grand Ablolisher
1 Mirran Crusader
3 Divine Offering
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Faith's Reward
2 Sword of War and Peace
2 Riders of Gavony

SB is really rough right now. It be better if i had an idea on what i might be up against come friday. It seems i don't have much against Frites but i don't know if it got popular since the last time i played FNM which was a three weeks ago.
grafdigger's Cage is the answer to frites. And hopefully you can do lethal before they can hardcaster an elesh.
Zombies and pods are becoming more and more popular, both of which are very bad match ups for you. might i recommend a pair of Stony Silence to counteract those decks. Both the mortapod and birthing pod will lay waste to your critters.
grafdigger's Cage is the answer to frites. And hopefully you can do lethal before they can hardcaster an elesh.
Zombies and pods are becoming more and more popular, both of which are very bad match ups for you. might i recommend a pair of Stony Silence to counteract those decks. Both the mortapod and birthing pod will lay waste to your critters.

I've never fought zombiepod but i imagine it can be devistating if it makes it easier for them to access their Messengers.

I guess cuz it's on the same topic of dealing with Frites I am curious to see how that card (forgot it's name. 0 mana and exiles the graveyard by sacing it.) will do cuz Frites did give me truoble when i was runing R/W humans.

thx for ur input.