Please Help flesh out an idea

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been kicking around the idea of creating a disruptor type character and  I was hoping to get some help. For the purposes of this build I would like to define a Disruptor as a character that gives the enemies as many negatives as possible/ prevent them all together from doing what they planned on.  Therefore, I would like to focus on weakening, stunning, dazing, dominating effects and stop them from recharging powers. 
I started out with a Bard (see below). I thought if I started bard I can multiclass into a couple of other classes so I can pick up several different powers to fit the bill.

Bard Work In Progress:
Virtue of Prescience -  here we start out with an Immediate Interrupt where the ally gets a bonus to the defense targeted.
Kalashtar - because talking in your head is a lot better than the bad guys hearing you plan out your attacks.

Str 10
Con 11
Dex 8
Int 12
Wis 16
Cha 20 - need a high to hit in order we ensure our penalties effect the BBEG

Feats:
Lvl 1 Battlesong Expertise  - again I'll need a high to hit in order we ensure our penalties effect the BBEG
Lvl 2 - Improved Majestic Word - Let's face it a bard is a leader and will need to heal allies.
Lvl 4 - Combat Virtuoso - when Multiclassing we use Cha instead of the listed attack bonus ability score.

At this point I am ready to Multi-class. Realistically if Combat Virtuoso was taken at lvl 2 Multiclassing feat are opened to this build at Lvl 4.

What I would like to know; what is everyone's favorite disruptive power (as defined above)?  How else can we tweak this build to become more effective?

Debuffer = Controller = WIZARD.

You're not going to find a better choice than that. 
Debuffer = Controller = WIZARD.

You're not going to find a better choice than that. 

i'll second that. almost every wizard power either gives negative status effects or puts up some obstical on the board. a bard is a Leader role, which means he's going to be a Buffer; he's going to have powers that allow his allies greater freedom or increased power/accuracy.

that said, i think this may be in the wrong sub-forum. Character Optimization is where i would ask for mechanics help. the Character Developement's description is more flavor and character background oriented.