Print & Play Minis (iheartprintandplay) - Looking for Suggestions!

74 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello!

I started a project to create free print & play D&D minis (and a few other things too) and I've been sharing each creation in unique threads. Instead of constantly creating a new thread with each sheet I make I've decided to make one consolidated one. The project home is my blog, iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com, but I'll update here as well when I add content. (I'm posting dragons tomorrow. :smallsmile

Right now I'm looking for suggestions of what creature sets should go onto my docket. If you have any suggestions, I've got a suggestion page HERE. So far I've created PDF sheets that you can freely download for Lizardfolk, Kobolds, and Humans.

Thanks!
Dakaran

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/LizardfolkPost.png)

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/KoboldPost.png)

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/HumansPreview3.png)

I posted on the blog, but wanted to post it here, too. Because you have already done the green dragon (a great job, by the way) I would like to see the other colors too.

Everything else I was going to suggest is already in your queue.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I'll be working on putting together a full color spectrum of dragons in the current design, but for now I present Green Dragons! Plus the black & white line art dragons!

Here's the link to download the PDF: iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/07/...

Could you post the raw file/template thingie wit blank smal, medium, lagre and huge? So that we could make our own? That would be really helpfull.  

POLL #1: Dragonborn, Elves, Gnolls, Goblins, or Orcs?

My wonderful wife had the great idea of running polls to better determine what Dungeons & Dragons monster groups I should make printable minis for. I think it'll give me a more clear picture than just a general suggestion page to help me make what you're all interested in. For the inaugural poll, your options are Dragonborn, Elves, Gnolls, Goblins, or Orcs. When the poll closes I'll make a page of printable minis of the winning monster group. Cast your votes now! You can vote by going here: POLLING. The poll is right at the top of the page.

New update: Zombies!

Click HERE or on the image to go my latest post to freely download the PDFs for printable zombie minis. I also created black & white line art versions for those of you who only have a black and white printer or want to color them in yourself.

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/ZombiesPreview.png)

It is threads like these that make me wish we had a like button (without the link to Facebook)!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/1000Hits.png)

Woohoo! iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com has reached over 1000 hits from dozens of countries all over the world. In fact we've received hits from every continent except one. (Come on, Antarctica!) To celebrate, I'm announcing a free drawing to win custom minis of your D&D party! See details HERE.

I'd honestly be thrilled to see some Tiefling minis...
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
I'd honestly be thrilled to see some Tiefling minis...

Tieflings are on my radar, but along with a dozen other races that need some minis. =) Check my blog periodically for user polls to select the next set. I have a few things on deck at the moment, but soon I'll run another poll.

For the almost a week I'll unfortunately be unable to dedicate time to working on my creations as I will be spending time with family. I will be able to publish a few posts during that time so stay tuned. Before you know it I'll be back to work on what you all come here for. =)

Sadly I don't have the dragonborn minis completed just yet; I spent a lot of time finding the right look for my dragonborn and I went through about 2 dozen different iterations before I came up with a dragonborn template that I'm really happy with. Buuut, since I don't want to leave you hanging without a little something I do have two dragonborn minis from Monster Manual 1 that are ready, the Dragonborn Soldier and Dragonborn Gladiator.

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/DragonbornEarlyPreview.png)

You can download the PDF here: Dragonborn Partial Set

• Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
If you get the Tieflings up, definitely keep me posted!
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..

Less than a week to go on the FREE drawing to win a custom set of your D&D adventuring party! For details click HERE.

Oh, also, I've got new minis posted.

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/Set1Preview.png)

This is the first of three sets of Eberron Adventure Campaign minis that have been commissioned by skrapsan. You can download the PDF HERE.

iheartprintandplay proudly presents the winner of the first poll...the Dragonborn! You voted, and I created 10 unique Dragonborn that are now available to download in either full color or black & white line art. Enjoy!

IMAGE(http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/dakaran20/DragonbornPreview.png)

You can find the PDFs to download here: Dragonborn Minis

iheartprintandplay proudly presents the winner of the first poll...the Dragonborn!

• Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Looks great, cant wait to ser what your next set will be.
New poll is up to determine the next set: Cast your vote!
Voted.
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Blank slates are useful for the artistic among us. Sadly, that does not include me. But I am loving all your other offerings!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
New miniatures posted on the blog! See them here: iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/08/...
8/30/2012 - Horde of new miniatures posted on the blog!  iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/08/...
I now have a special folder in my Minis'n'Tokens archive just for yours!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
9/6/2012 - New miniatures posted on the blog! iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/09/...
Happy happy dance dance dance!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
9/9/2012: New poll is up! Cast your vote now! iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/09/...
Voted.
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Well the votes came in on the poll of legendary creatures and I've posted the first set: iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/09/.... Check it out!
Very nice. Even moreso because I have no hydra minis in my collection!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Well I'm happy to help by dropping 5 new hydra minis into your collection.
I've posted the second set of legendary creature minis: iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/09/.... Check it out!
Loving your site.
"Into the heart of battle, I shall walk In the eye of the storm, I will stand Onto the end of the earth, I shall hunt In defence of others, I shall fight For honour and glory, I will live And for justice, I would die"
Your consistency and creativity combine to make for a wonderful site!
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
Still waiting on Tieflings lol
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
New set of miniatures is up! Check it out! iheartprintandplay.blogspot.com/2012/10/...

Still waiting on Tieflings lol

It'll be a little bit yet, but the next poll will be options of popular requests that I've received, including Tieflings.
As it should be. Tongue Out
Funny Forum Quotes
58115148 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
These are excellent, Dakaran--thanks for all your free work on this.

Is there any way to design some sort of program so that we could pick and choose which minis to put on a page, before printing the pdf?  That would save my poor printer a lot of unnecessary work / ink.  I'm thinking that one sheet has X slots on it, and you can pick which creatures you want to fill those X slots: medium creatures take 1 slot each, large take 2 consecutive, huge take 3 consecutive slots, something like that.  Does something like that exist, or would it be easy to create? 
These are excellent, Dakaran--thanks for all your free work on this.

Is there any way to design some sort of program so that we could pick and choose which minis to put on a page, before printing the pdf?  That would save my poor printer a lot of unnecessary work / ink.  I'm thinking that one sheet has X slots on it, and you can pick which creatures you want to fill those X slots: medium creatures take 1 slot each, large take 2 consecutive, huge take 3 consecutive slots, something like that.  Does something like that exist, or would it be easy to create? 

Thanks CUBPHILDND! I appreciate it.

I'll have to look into that. That's an interesting idea. I really have no idea off-hand if that's possible. I don't know how complicated that would be, but if there's a relatively simple solution I'll see if I can find a way.
Sign In to post comments