Need help with a Mono-White Angel/Knight deck

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

So I just got into Magic a couple weeks ago thanks to my friends. I'm really loving the game so far.  Anyway, this is going to be close to the final version of the deck i want. I know i won't be able to use it in standard play, but i'm working on a Black/White deck for things i can't use this for.

I'm at 65 cards for my deck, and 15 for the sideboard. I'm just looking for opinions to see if i did a good job or not, what should i remove/replace, and an honest opinion of how the deck might do.

[DECK]Sideboard
2 Austere Command
2 Celestial Purge
2 Kor Firewalker
4 Leyline of Sanctuary
1 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
1 Rule of Law
1 Sword of Body and Mind
1 Sword of Feast and Famine
1 Sword of War and Peace[/DECK]

I appreciate any insight from people with more experience building decks then I.

bump
How are you going to get Avacyn out without any ramp?
You know, people keep asking me that, but of all the test games I've done, I'm 10 out of 12. Ramp isn't a problem at all for me so far and I've been able to play avacyn whenever I get her.
Is there something I should do to enhance ramp or should I let it be if I'm not having problems/enjoying it?
I have to admit, I'm a little surprised. I mostly play standard (started modern yesterday online) and games often don't reach 8 turns, and getting to 8 land would probably take even longer.

If you want to ramp, you have 2 ways to go: splash green, or go artifact. For green, you would want to sub in some green land (even though you'll never need more than 1 forest, you want to have that forest turn 1 if possible). Then add in some mana dorks and some cards that put land in the field. Some cards from current standard that do this:
Birds of Paradise
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Somberwald Sage
Rampant Growth
Farseek
For artifacts, you will want to include:
Pristine Talisman
Solumn Simulacrum
Mox Opal
Which is not much of a selection - I have a white artifact angel ramp in modern, but it makes use of several cards not in extended.
You can combine approaches, of course. The problem with this, however, is that Emeria will become a lot harder to use.

On a side note, if you can get Avacyn our, you can get True Conviction out, and it will win games for you. Similarly, if you can get some Cavern of Souls or something that lets you generate other colours of mana, you can get the other angels that everyone loves: Sigarda, Host of Herons and Gisela, Blade of Goldnight.

Hmm, ill have to look into that. Also, when I get back to the house, ill post my current build I said was doing good. I didn'tremember to update the thread, but I removed a couple things I didn't news and it worked a lot better. I'll post the new deck late tonight after NM. I'll look into the ramps though. Thanks.
Just got back from The Dark Knight Rises.  FYI: Pretty good, but i left feeling empty cause it's over.  No after credits.

Anyways, here's the updated deck like i promised.

Let me know what you think.  With the exception of 2 bad draws out of 20 tests, I haven't had any problems with ramp.  My win conditions are usually Avacyn/Elspeth-ing my creatures, Day of Judgment, and then win.  Or, i draw Entreat the Angels and overwhelm them with 3 minimum 4/4 Angels. 
I run a nearly identical deck - I posted it in this thread here community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Maybe some of the content there would help you out!  I changed it a bit since the time of that post, like adding another Angelic Destiny, but it is essentially the same.  
My Decks
Indestructible Knights
Mycosynth Lattice Land Destruction
Wild Defiance-Infect