You Build the Character #32 - The Phantom Menace

This contest is now closed.

Hi everyone, and welcome back to You Build the Character.

This year, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace was re-released into theatres in 3D. The first Star Wars film in 16 years, TPM had a lot to live up to, and unfortunately failed to meet the level of hype. But despite its flaws, the film is underrated, and opens up the Star Wars universe in a whole new way. New worlds, new species, new technology. And most importantly new characters.

This month's challenge is to build a character from The Phantom Menace. You can even enter multiple times, provided you follow the rules below.

You have until 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 2 August to post your RPG stats, and any notes you want to post explaining your decisions. Once submissions have closed, all forum members will have until 11.59pm (PDT) on Thursday 16 August to vote for their favourite. Whichever build receives the most votes will win.

The prize for winning is having your stats enshrined in the YBtC Hall of Fame, as well as the bragging rights.

The following rules apply to all submissions:

1. All builds must be created according to RAW, with no house rules (no single Athletics skill, no bonus feats for bloodlines etc).

2. You may use "unlimited" point buy for ability scores, provided each score is between 3 and 18 at first level (before racial and age adjustments).

3. You are free to use material from all official Saga Edition books, up to and including The Unknown Regions.

4. You may enter more than once. An entry can consist of up to three characters. Each individual forum post containing stat blocks counts as an entry unless otherwise specified.

5. You may not enter more than one set of stats for the same character.

6. You may not enter a character who has already been the subject of their own competition.

7. When creating stat blocks, use the species traits from official WotC sources. If a species never received official stats, use the ones from Saga-Edition.com. If there are no stats on Saga-Edition.com, you may create your own, but make sure to include them with your stat block.

8. You may change your stats at any point up until submissions close, at which point any edited stats will be disqualified.

Have fun everyone, and may the Force be with you. Smile

EDIT (4/8/2012): Submissions are now closed. Vote for your favourite entry in this thread.  

Here are links to all the entries:

richterbelmont10: Watto; Sebulba; Boss Nass; Shmi Skywalker; Captain Panaka; Chancellor Valorum; Jabba the Hutt; Aurra Sing
awaypturwpn: Jar Jar Binks
RobShanti: Erdan; Orr Agg R'orr; Rabé; Captain Roos Tarpals
Smileredont-Verdont: Sebulba; Orn Free Taa; Rune Haako; Wald and Kitster
sienn_sconn: Sio Bibble
Derffrombelgium: The Queen's Handmaidens
Starkillerlegacy: Quinlan Vos

Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.

Watto

Qui-Gon Jinn: "I don't have anything else, but credits will do fine."
Watto: "No, they won't."
Qui-Gon Jinn: "Credits will do fine."
Watto: "No, they won't! What, you think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me; only money. No money, no parts, no deal! And no one else has a T-14 hyperdrive, I promise you that!"
―Qui-Gon Jinn and Watto

Watto CL 3
Small Toydarian scoundrel 3
Force 1
Init +1; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, Binary, Huttese, Toydarian
----------------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 16), Fort 13, Will 17
hp 25; second wind +10/12; Threshold 13
Immune +5 to Will Defense against mind-affecting Force powers
Speed  4 squares, fly 6 squares
Melee unarmed +1 (1d3)
Ranged  by weapon +2
Base Atk +2; Grp -3
Atk Options Point Blank Shot
Special Actions Gambler +2, Labyrinthine Mind
Abilities Str 8, Dex 11, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14
Talents Gambler, Labyrinthine Mind
Feats Friends in Low Places, Point Blank Shot, Scavenger, Skill Focus (Deception, Gather Information), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Trained skills Deception +13, Gather Information +13, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +8 (may use Gather Information +13 to acquire licenses for restricted or military goods instead), Mechanics +8, Perception +9, Persuasion +8, Stealth +6
Untrained skills Acrobatics +1, Climb +0, Endurance +1, Initiative +1, Jump +0, Knowledge (galactic lore) +3, Knowledge (life sciences) +3, Knowledge (physical sciences) +3, Knowledge (social sciences) +3, Knowledge (tactics) +3, Knowledge (technology) +3, Pilot +1, Ride +1, Survival +4, Swim +0, Treat Injury +4, Use Computer +3
Possessions chance cubes

The much-loved Watto. I gave him Labyrinthe Mind simply because I think that Qui-Gon, as a level 13+ jedi master can easily overcome Watto’s Will Defense with Mind Trick, even with Watto’s species bonus.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Dare I...?

"You were banished because you were clumsy?"
"Yousa might'n be sayin' dat."
—Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar Binks CL 6

Medium male Gungan scoundrel 6
Force 8
Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +7
Languages Basic, Gunganese
————————————————————————————
Defenses Ref 24 (flat-footed 20), Fort 17, Will 16; Dodge [Core p.84], Instinctive Defense [TUR p.27], Moving Target [RECG p.29], Slippery Maneuver [SAV p.24]
hp 44; Threshold 17
Speed 6 squares, Impulsive Flight, swim 4 squares
Melee by weapon +4
Ranged by weapon +8
Base Atk +4; Grp +8
Atk Options Instinctive Attack [TUR p.27], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87]
Special Actions Better Lucky than Dead [SAV p.14], Fool's Luck [Core p.46], Oafish [TUR p.20]
Abilities Str 11, Dex 19, Con 13, Int 9, Wis 8, Cha 13
Special Qualities expert swimmer, hold breath
Talents Better Lucky than Dead [SAV p.14], Fool's Luck [Core p.46], Oafish [TUR p.20]
Feats Dodge [Core p.84], Impulsive Flight [SAV p.23], Instinctive Attack [TUR p.27], Instinctive Defense [TUR p.27], Moving Target [RECG p.29], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Slippery Maneuver [SAV p.24], Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Acrobatics +12, Perception +7, Persuasion +9, Swim +3 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened)
Possessions Gungan clothes, less than seven wupiupi

Jar Jar is a character blessed with the uncanny ability to avoid any bodily harm while wreaking absolute havoc on everyone and everything around him. Though he has excellent reflexes, his abysmal perceptive abilities lead to many unfortunate incidents, such as booming the gasser, crashing the Boss' heyblibber, and destroying time-senstive military intel with falling bookshelves. 
Even through all these events, however, those closest him see enough worth in Jar Jar to keep him around. Some even go so far as to lay extra responsibilities on him; trusting him with their time, their resources, and even their lives.

I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast. Winner of You Build the Character #27 - Cad Bane
Awaypturwpn, you capture Jar Jar perfectly, mesa thinks. Seriously though, I'm glad I'm not the only fan of Star Wars that DOESN'T hate his guts. Good builds, both of you.
RIP Kit Fisto When your using CL 18 Stormtroopers, it might be time to roll up a new campaign. I think I may be the last person on the planet who doesn't think zombies are the coolest things ever... [spoiler]I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
[\spoiler]
I VOTE FOR JAR JAR.

Oh...wait...the time for submissions hasn't closed yet?  Okay, sorry. 

In that case, here's my submission.  If you BLINK, you miss him, everyone's favorite "ORIGINAL JUGGALO":

Erdan
CL 3; Medium Human Nonheroic 4 / Scout 2
Force 6; Dark Side 0
Init +3; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, Huttese
Defenses Ref +13 (flat-footed +13), Fort +15, Will +14
hp 27; Threshold 15
Speed 8 squares (Long Stride)
Melee Unarmed +10 (2d4+7)
Melee Club +10 (2d6+7)
Ranged as weapon +3
Base Atk +4; Grp +10
Special Actions Dodge, Shake It Off, Long Stride
Atk Options Mighty Swing, Bantha Rush
Abilities Str 16 (+6), Dex 10 (0), Con 14 (+2), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)
Talents Long Stride
Feats Skill Training (Ride), Skill Focus (Endurance), Weapon Proficiency (Simple), Mighty Swing, Bantha Rush, Shake It Off, Dodge
Skills Climb +14, Endurance, +10, Gather Information +7, Jump +14, Perception +10, Ride +8, Survival +10, Treat Injury +9
Possessions Slave garb

Design Notes:  I gave Erdan two levels in Scout to represent an otherwise non-heroic character who was "chemically enlarged." I used his Scout levels to give him, among other things, "Shake it Off" and "Long Stride" to represent the effects of the chemically induced size increase. Plus, the FPs give him an edge that he wouldn't otherwise get as a straight non-heroic build.

FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
Sebulba CL 7

Small Dug scout 3/scoundrel 4
Init +12; Senses Perception +11
Languages Dug

Defenses Ref 24 (flat-footed 20), Fort 19, Will 19
hp 46; second wind +12/23; Threshold 19

Speed  6 squares
Melee  by weapon +6
Ranged  by weapon +9
Base Atk +5; Grp +6
Atk Options Point Blank Shot [Core p.87]
Special Actions Advantageous Opening [CWCG p.24], Oafish [TUR p.20], Silver Tongue [GOI p.29], Tripwire [TUR p.22]

Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 12
Talents Advantageous Opening [CWCG p.24], Jury-Rigger [Core p.50], Oafish [TUR p.20], Tripwire [TUR p.22]
Feats Armor Proficiency (light) [Core p.82], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Silver Tongue [GOI p.29], Skill Focus (Pilot) [Core p.88], Skill Training (Initiative, Perception, Persuasion) [Core p.88], Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Climb +9 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Endurance +9, Initiative +12, Jump +9 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Mechanics +8 (may reroll to accomplish a jury-rigged repair but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Perception +11, Persuasion +9 (can intimidate or change attitude as a standard action), Pilot +17, Stealth +12

Just out of curiousity, whyd you give him tripwire? O.o

I mean, it certainly fits his personality its just a little surprising.
RIP Kit Fisto When your using CL 18 Stormtroopers, it might be time to roll up a new campaign. I think I may be the last person on the planet who doesn't think zombies are the coolest things ever... [spoiler]I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
[\spoiler]
Richter, perhaps Qui-Gon is one of the few Jedi not to take Skill Focus (Use the Force). As far as I remember he doesn't seem to use the Force too much in the movie. Maybe he does, its been awhile, I'll be honest. Just figured I would put that out there.
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]

When Ben Kenobi told Luke Skywalker that the blast points at the Jawa encampment were "too accurate for Sand People" and that "only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise," he obviously was not talking about Orr Agg R'orr, the crack Tusken Raider sniper who fired upon and hit Teemto Pagalies' speeding podracer from a clifftop with a slug thrower. (Nor, apparently, was he talking about any of the Imperial Stormtroopers we see in any of the films, who can't seem to hit the broadside of the Death Star...)  Although, in the EU, Orr Agg R'orr meets his end at the hands of Jango Fett himself, employed by the Pagalies family to exact revenge for Teemto's murder, Orr Agg R'orr's prowess with the slugthrower would have made Lee Harvey Oswald proud. 

Orr Agg R'orr was built using the official Wizards of the Coast species template for Tusken Raiders, found in the Official RCR-to-Saga Conversion Guide:

Tusken Raider Species Traits
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Sneaky: Tusken Raiders are accustomed to laying ambushes and may choose to reroll any Stealth check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it is worse.
Survival Instinct: Tusken Raiders are hardy survivalists and may choose to reroll any Survival check, but the result of the reroll must be accepted even if it is worse.
Languages: Tusken

With that, I present Orr Agg R'orr:

Orr Agg R'orr                         CL 6

Tusken Raider Scout 1 / Soldier 5
Force 5, Dark Side Rating 5
Init +6; Senses Perception +4
Languages Tusken

Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 18), Fort 19, Will 16
hp 58; Threshold 19

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +7 (1d4+5)
Melee Gaderiffi +7 (1d8+7)
Ranged Slugthrower rifle +8 (2d8+3)
Base Atk +5; Grp +8
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Careful Shot, Deadeye, Keen Shot, Devastating Attack (Rifles), Penetrating Attack (Rifles)
Special Actions Sneaky, Survival Instinct

Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 12
Talents Keen Shot, Devastating Attack (Rifles), Penetrating Attack (Rifles), Weapon Specialization (Rifles)
Feats Weapon Proficiencies (Simple, Pistols, Rifles), Shake It Off, Weapon Focus (Rifles) Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Careful Shot, Deadeye
Skills Climb +10, Endurance +9, Survival +8
Possessions Gaderiffi, Bantha, Slugthrower

FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
Richter, perhaps Qui-Gon is one of the few Jedi not to take Skill Focus (Use the Force). As far as I remember he doesn't seem to use the Force too much in the movie. Maybe he does, its been awhile, I'll be honest. Just figured I would put that out there.

I was under the impression that all Jedi Masters had Skill Focus (UtF). But your comment made me go double-check. I was surprised to see many Jedi Masters without Skill Focus (UtF)!

Anyway, even without Skill Focus (UtF), Qui-Gon would still have a UtF of around +14. That has a more than 50% chance of beating Watto’s Will Defense of 23 (which includes species bonus vs. mind-affecting powers). In fact, Qui-Gon can just take 10 and win.

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Sebulba (at the Boonta Eve Classic podrace)

"Yoka to Bantha poodoo!"
―Sebulba to Anakin Skywalker

Sebulba, the star racer of the Galactic Podracing Circuit, based not only on his formidable racing skills, but also his penchant for cheating and violence.

Sebulba (at the Boonta Eve Classic podrace) CL 3

Small Dug scoundrel 3
Force 1
Init +9; Senses Perception +7
Languages Dug, Huttese
Defenses Ref 19 (flat-footed 16), Fort 13, Will 15
hp 25; second wind +10/12; Threshold 13
Speed  6 squares
Melee unarmed +4 (1d3+3)
Ranged  by weapon +5
Base Atk +2; Grp +0
Atk Options Point Blank Shot
Special Actions Hold Together, Knack 1/day, Quick Fix
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 8
Talents Knack, Quick Fix
Feats Hold Together, Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Pilot), Vehicular Surge, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Trained skills Initiative +9, Mechanics +7, Perception +7, Persuasion +5, Pilot +14
Untrained skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +3 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Deception +0, Endurance +1, Gather Information +0, Jump +3 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Knowledge +2, Ride +4, Stealth +9, Survival +2, Swim +3, Treat Injury +2, Use Computer +2
Possessions Plug-F Mammoth podracer with illegal modifications, piece of iron (that he flings into Mars Guo’s engine turbines, blowing it up)

Sio Bibble is the Governor of Naboo and head of the Royal Advisory Council.  He started his service under King Veruna, but came to prominence for his service to Queen Amidala.  After Amidala went on to become Naboo's senator, Bibble continued to serve under her successor and the next two monarchs of Naboo.  Bibble is an intelligent and peaceful man of philosophy, art, and science, but could be quite fiery and aggressive, as seen during Nute Gunray's trial before the Supreme Court.  He also keeps tabs on new fashions.

Sio Bibble             CL 3

Medium Human Noble 3
Force 3
Init +2; Senses Perception +7
Languages Basic, Bocce, Bothese, High Galactic, Rodese, Sy Bisti
Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 14), Fort 13, Will 17
hp 25; Threshold 13
Speed 6 squares
Melee by weapon +1
Ranged by weapon +3
Base Atk +2; Grp +3
Atk Options 
Special Actions Castigate, Elder’s Knowledge, Rapport, Recall
Abilities Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 15
Special Qualities 
Talents Castigate, Idealist
Feats  Elder’s Knowledge, Linguist, Rapport, Recall, Skill Focus (Life Sciences),  Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple)
Skills Deception +8, Gather Information +8, Knowledge (Bureaucracy, Galactic Lore, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences) +8 (may reroll 1/day and take better result), Knowledge (Life Sciences) +13 (may reroll 1/day and 1/encounter may substitute for a Wisdom or Wisdom-based check), Perception +7, Persuasion +8,  
Possessions fashionable robes, datapad, comlink

Winner of the You Make the... Contest #9: Jedi Padawans Winner of the You Build the Character#33:  EU Bounty Hunters Winner of the You Build the Character #37:  The Empire Strikes Back Winner of the "Ultimate Dream Builds #1: The Underworld" I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Just to clarify, according to Rule #6: You may not enter a character who has already been the subject of their own competition. Therefore, the following characters are not allowed in this thread since they have already been covered:

• Anakin Skywalker

• Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Qui-Gon Jinn

• Mace Windu

• Yoda

• Darth Sidious/Palpatine

• C-3PO and R2-D2 -

• Darth Maul

• Nute Gunray

EDIT: and also members of The Jedi High Council

Boss Nass

"Wesa no like the Naboo. *tic tic tic.* Da Naboo tink day so smarty, day tink day brains so big!"
―Rugor Nass, to Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi after the latters' request to help them get to the Naboo

Boss Nass CL 4
Medium Gungan noble 4
Force 2
Init +7; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8
Languages Basic, Gunganese

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 17), Fort 16, Will 17
hp 36; second wind +14/18, move +1 step up condition track; Threshold 16
Speed  6 squares, swim 4 squares
Melee atlatl +5 (2d4+4) or
Melee atlatl +5 (2d4+6) with both hands
Ranged  by weapon +3
Base Atk +3; Grp +5
Special Actions Born Leader, Rant, Shake it Off, Stand Tall

Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 12
Special Qualities expert swimmer, hold breath
Talents Born Leader, Rant
Feats Recovering Surge, Shake it Off, Skill Focus (Persuasion), Stand Tall, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Trained skills Endurance +9, Initiative +7, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Perception +8, Persuasion +13, Ride +4, Treat Injury +5
Untrained skills Acrobatics +2, Climb +4, Deception +3, Gather Information +3, Jump +4, Knowledge (galactic lore) +2, Knowledge (life sciences) +2, Knowledge (physical sciences) +2, Knowledge (social sciences) +2, Knowledge (technology) +2, Mechanics +2, Pilot +2, Stealth +2, Survival +3, Swim +4 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse; may take 10 even when distracted or threatened), Use Computer +2
Possessions ceremonial garb
Background Occupation: Military

Notes:-

Boss Rugor Nass was a proud ruler. He was respected by his peers, and was well known for his stubbornness. He would often yell at those who opposed him as a method of intimidation. Nevertheless, he had the Gungan people's best interests at heart, and always did his duty. He was rarely diplomatic, but he was always honest. He held a bitter prejudice against Humans, but was able to swallow his pride and successfully lead his people through the trying times of the invasion.

According to Woookieepedia, Nass served as an army sergeant in his early career, hence the background. His strong physical stats and feats reflect his winning the Big Nasty Free-For-All, a grueling physical challenge in the annual Gungan Festival of Warriors, an unprecedented three years in a row.

The Queen's handmaiden !

Eirtaé
Althoug less skilled in martial arts than her fellow handmaidens, Eitaé has a particular talent for spotting treachery before it becomes an active threat. Thus, Amidala considers her as a key member of her entourage.

Eirtaé CL 3

Medium Human scoundrel 2/noble 1
Init +2; Senses Perception +10
Languages Basic, High Galactic, Ithorese, Mon Calamarian

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 15), Fort 14, Will 17
hp 27; second wind +12/13; Threshold 14
Immune +5 to Will Defense against Deception and Persuasion

Speed  6 squares
Melee unarmed +0 (1d4) or
Melee vibrodagger +0 (2d4)
Ranged S-5 heavy blaster pistol (ascension gun) +2 (3d8+1)
Base Atk +1; Grp +2
Atk Options Point Blank Shot [Core p.87]
Special Actions Inspire Confidence [Core p.44], Oafish [TUR p.20]

Abilities Str 9, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 15
Talents Inspire Confidence [Core p.44], Oafish [TUR p.20]
Feats Duck and Cover [SAV p.21], Linguist [Core p.86], Master of Disguise [GOI p.28], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Unwavering Resolve [CWCG p.32], Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Deception +8 (+13 when creating a deceptive appearance or forged document), Knowledge (bureaucracy) +7, Perception +10, Persuasion +8, Stealth +7, Use Computer +7
Possessions Datapad with Amidala's daily agenda, Handmaiden robes, Multichannel comlink, S-5 heavy blaster pistol (ascension gun), Two doses of glie poison (paralysis and sleep), vibrodagger
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rabé
Rabé excelled at her training in both weapons and more subtile forms of persuasion. She has grown so close to Amidala that she is unable to image doing anything else.

Rabé CL 2

Medium Human scoundrel 2
Init +3; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, High Galactic

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 14), Fort 13, Will 14
hp 24; second wind +12/12; Threshold 13

Speed  6 squares
Base Atk +1; Grp +3
Atk Options Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Precise Shot [Core p.87]
Special Actions Seducer [LECG p.29]

Abilities Str 9, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 14
Talents Seducer [LECG p.29]
Feats Master of Disguise [GOI p.28], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Precise Shot [Core p.87], Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Deception +8 (+13 when creating a deceptive appearance or forged document), Knowledge (bureaucracy) +7, Perception +9, Persuasion +8, Stealth +8, Use Computer +7
Possessions Datapad with Amidala's daily agenda, Handmaiden robes, Multichannel comlink, S-5 heavy blaster pistol (ascension gun), Two doses of glie poison (intoxication and sleep), vibrodagger
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sabé
Of all the handmaidens, Sabé bears the closest physical resemblance to Amidala-so much so that some have thought they were sisters. Thus, it is Sabé who usually has the honor of taking the Queen's place during times of great danger. Sabé has, in the last half year, become the Queen's best friend.

Sabé  CL 4

Medium Human scoundrel 3/noble 1
Init +4; Senses Perception +11
Languages Basic, High Galactic, Mon Calamarian, Sullustese

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 16), Fort 15, Will 18; Dodge [Core p.84], Moving Target [RECG p.29]
hp 33; second wind +12/16; Threshold 15
Immune +5 to Will Defense against skill checks to read emotions or influence attitude

Speed  6 squares
Base Atk +2; Grp +4
Atk Options Find Openings [RECG p.25], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87]
Special Actions Knack 1/day

Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 16
Talents Find Openings [RECG p.25], Knack [Core p.46], Unreadable [SAV p.14]
Feats Dodge [Core p.84], Linguist [Core p.86], Master of Disguise [GOI p.28], Moving Target [RECG p.29], Point Blank Shot [Core p.87], Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Deception +10 (+15 when creating a deceptive appearance or forged document), Knowledge (bureaucracy) +8, Perception +11, Persuasion +10, Stealth +9, Use Computer +8
Possessions Datapad with Amidala's daily agenda, Handmaiden robes, Multichannel comlink, S-5 heavy blaster pistol (ascension gun), Two doses of glie poison (paralysis and sleep), vibrodagger

Come and see my Star Wars Character Gallery! Please add a comment Winner of You Build the Character #26 Bounty Hunters Winner of YBtC #39 A New Hope

Shmi Skywalker

“Son, my place is here, my future is here. It is time for you to let go…now, be brave. Don’t look back.”
―Shmi, to Anakin

Shmi Skywalker is the oldest known Skywalker ancestor. Born on an unknown world, Shmi was sold into slavery at an early age. In 41 BBY she gave birth to a son she named Anakin, who also served as a slave. Despite her years of slavery, Shmi was kind and gentle. She cared for her son greatly, and was willing to do anything to help him. She secretly wished for Anakin to have a better life, as his gifts made her realize that he wasn't meant to be a slave. It was because of her love and sense that he had a special destiny that she allowed him to go to Coruscant to become a Jedi, knowing she would likely never see him again. 

Shmi Skywalker CL 1
Medium Human nonheroic 3
Force 1
Init +1; Senses Perception +13
Languages Basic
Defenses Ref 10 (flat-footed 10), Fort 10, Will 12
hp 7; Threshold 12
Speed  6 squares
Melee  by weapon +2
Ranged  by weapon +2
Base Atk +2; Grp +2
Abilities Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 13
Feats Fight Through Pain, Force Boon, Force Sensitivity, Skill Focus (Perception), Skill Training (Gather Information), Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)
Trained skills Endurance +6, Gather Information +7, Perception +13,
Untrained skills Acrobatics +1, Climb +1, Deception +2, Initiative +1, Jump +1, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +1, Knowledge (galactic lore) +1, Knowledge (life sciences) +1, Knowledge (physical sciences) +1, Knowledge (social sciences) +1, Knowledge (tactics) +1, Knowledge (technology) +1, Mechanics +1, Persuasion +2, Pilot +1, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Survival +3, Swim +1, Treat Injury +3, Use Computer +1, Use the Force +2

EDIT: I’m making a controversial change to Shmi’s statblock. I’m giving her the Force Sensivity feat. Why? Well, I don’t really have any proof, other than Shmi’s “Data File” in the Episode 1 Visual Dictionary, which says, “Shmi can always sense when Anakin is nearby, even when she cannot see or hear him.” This suggests she may have latent force-sensitivity, although it is not trained in any way. Also, I have my own suspicions about her being Force-sensitive. Why else would the Force choose her to conceive the one to bring balance to the Force? There must be something special about her, and I wanted that to reflect in her statblock somehow, and this is the only way I can think of.

*sigh*

Do you think Cristina da Silva would file for a restraining order against me if I sent a love letter to her fan club and included the stat block I lovingly made for her way back when?...

Rabé

Rabé, along with some of her fellow handmaidens, accompanied the Queen to Tatooine and then Coruscant during the Blockade Crisis on Naboo.   Rabé's primary duty as a handmaiden, other than bodyguard, was to help Queen Amidala to prepare her elaborate hairstyles.* Rabé was bilingual, and was able to speak Sullustese.

"Anakeen Skywalkah to see Padmé, Your Highness..."
                                                     - the lovely Rabé

Rabé                                  CL 6
Human Female Noble 2 / Scoundrel 1 / Soldier 3
Force 8, Dark Side Rating 0
Init +10; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic, Sullustese
Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 18), Fort 18, Will 19
hp 42; Threshold 18
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +3 (1d8+2) or
Ranged S-5 Ascension Gun +6 (3d8+3, or 1d2+3 + paralytic poison)
Base Atk +4; Grp +6
Atk Options Quick Draw, Point Blank Shot, Martial Arts I & II, Melee Defense, Trip, Sneak Attack, Draw Fire, Harm's Way
Abilities Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 14
Talents: Educated, Sneak Attack, Draw Fire, Harm's Way
Feats Martial Arts I & II, Linguist, Weapon Proficiencies (Pistols, Rifles & Simple), Melee Defense, Point Blank Shot, Trip, Coordinated Attack, Quick Draw
Skills Acrobatics +10, Climb +7, Deception +10, Initiative +10, Perception +9, Persuasion +10,* Stealth +10, Use Computer +9
Possessions: Theed Army S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistol / Ascension Gun, Concealed Holster, Handmaiden Robes, Hairdressing kit

Design Note
Under the RCR, it was easy to represent a hairstyling skill in a stat block -- "Craft: Hairdressing" would do the trick. In Saga, however, the Craft skill has been taken out, and unless you're prepared to introduce house rules to fill that interstice, we're left with just relegating Rabé's hairstyling abilities to mere fluff.  I suppose that to the extent that there is any representation of that craft in the Saga RAW, it's to be handled with a Persuasion roll and the Aid Another rules. Consider this...

The petit, waifish, teen queen is about to address the head bananas of the Trade Federation, and give them a stern warning that if they don't disperse their blockade, they're gonna be sorry. She wants to make a "presence attack" on them, to intimidate them with her soliloquy. She can use all the help she can get. So she calls in her chief hairdresser, the lovely Rabé, just out of bed and still wearing her silk teddy...ehem...sorry, there...my mind just wandered for a second. So Rabé does her thing: whips out her hairdresser's accessories and hair extensions, and goes to work on Amidala, sculpting an impeccably tended, mane-like coif that surrounds the queen's head like the blinding coronoa of a supernova -- enough to cause the greedy Trade Federation officers to skitter for their lives into the shadows like vermin. Rabé essentially rolls her Persuasion skill -- since that's the skill Amidala will ultimately be using in an attempt to intimidate the Trade Federation officials -- at a DC of 10, the DC required for the Aid Another rule. She succeeds...say, with a 15 total -- enough to successfully Aid Amidala's intimidation roll. So, Amidala gets a +2 the first time she makes a Persuasion roll against the Trade Federation officials.

The Naboo open a video communication with the Trade Federation flagship. Nute Gunray and Rune Haako receive the transmission and they and Amidala exchange some stern words. Finally, the queen ends the transmission warning, "Beware, Viceroy....the Federation is going too far this time." She makes a Persuasion roll to intimidate. Because of Rabé's artful efforts at making the queen appear much more fearsome than she would without all the get-up, Amidala enjoys that +2 from Rabé's earlier Aid Another roll, and, thanks to it, manages to exceed Gunray's and Haako's Will defenses, and, when the transmission ends, they turn to each other, wringing their hands and nervously debating their next move.

So, assuming this mechanic is a valid one to represent what was a Craft skill under the RCR, I gave her Skill Training in Persuasion.
Gungans aren't odious, it's just that Jar Jar is too buffoonish. But I think if there's any reason to be forgiving of Gungans as a species, it's Captain Roos Tarpals; not that he did much of note in the films, but he's an example of what Jar Jar could have been if he hadn't been portrayed as a buffoon.

I like the fact that the EU developed Captain Tarpals' past relationship with Jar Jar. It was obvious from the film that they were all too familiar with each other when Tarpals first appeared, and that Tarpals was somewhat sympathetic toward Jar Jar in the face of Nass' fury (except for the fact that Tarpals needlessly shocks Jar Jar with his electrostaff -- that always bothered me...I rationalize it by saying that it was just for show for the benefit of all the onlookers). I always figured they knew each other from the days when Jar Jar served Boss Nass...but the EU explains that they go back even further...that Tarpals was an outlaw before straightening out and following his family tradition of joining the Gungan Honor Guard. Tarpals and his band of outlaws enlisted a young Jar Jar to distract the guards while they pulled off heists. So Tarpals is sort of a Turin Turambar, if you will.

Captain Roos Tarpals

"Not again, Jar Jar.  Yousa goin' to da bosses.
Yousa in beeeg doo doo dis time."

-Captain Roos Tarpals

Captain Roos Tarpals         CL 8
Male, Middle-Aged Gungan Scoundrel 2 / Soldier 2 / Noble 3 / Officer 1
Force 8
Init +4; Senses Perception +5
Languages Basic, Gunganese, High Galactic, Bocce
Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 20), Fort 21, Will 23
hp 46; Threshold 21
Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +5 (1d4+4) or
Melee Force Pike +5 (2d8+4)
Ranged Atlatl/Cesta +6 (2d4+4)
Base Atk +6; Grp +6
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Charging Fire, Weapon Finesse, Dastardly Strike, Battle Analysis, Inspire Confidence, Coordinate, Deployment Tactics
Special Actions Expert Swimmer, Hold Breath, Lowlight Vision, Weapon Familiarity (Atlatl & Cesta)
Abilities Str 9, Dex 11, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 15
Talents Dastardly Strike, Battle Analysis, Inspire Confidence, Coordinate, Deployment Tactics
Feats Shake It Off, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiencies (Pistols, Simple, Advanced Melee), Dodge, Far Shot, Armor Proficiency (light), Linguist, Charging Fire, Weapon Finesse
Skills Endurance +10, Knowledge: Bureaucracy +10, Knowledge: Tactics +10, Ride +9, Swim +8
Possessions Force Pike, Atlatl, Boomers, Kaadu
Just to clarify... is Quinlan Voss considered as being in Phantom Menace? Wookiepedia seems to imply that he has a cameo on Tatooine. It even provides a picture of him there. If not I'd like to recomend him for the next competition.
Orn Free Taa CL 7

Medium male Twi'lek noble 7
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6
Languages Basic, Lekku, Ryl

Defenses Ref 18 (flat-footed 18), Fort 21, Will 20
hp 53; second wind +14/26; Threshold 21

Speed  6 squares
Melee unarmed +6 (1d4+4)
Ranged  by weapon +5
Base Atk +5; Grp +6
Special Actions Powerful Friends [TFU p.26], Presence [Core p.43], Silver Tongue [GOI p.29]

Abilities Str 12, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 17
Special Qualities deceptive, Natural Leader (organization scale 6)
Talents Connections [Core p.44], Influential Friends [TFU p.25], Powerful Friends [TFU p.26], Presence [Core p.43]
Feats Expert Briber [GOI p.27], Friends in Low Places [SAV p.21], Natural Leader [TFU p.34], Silver Tongue [GOI p.29], Skill Focus (Deception, Persuasion) [Core p.88], Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons) [Core p.89]
Skills Deception +16 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Gather Information +11, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +8 (may use Gather Information +11 to acquire licenses for restricted or military goods instead), Knowledge (galactic lore) +8, Perception +6, Persuasion +16 (can intimidate or change attitude as a standard action; reduce DC to reduce price when haggling by 10), Use Computer +8
Possessions gaudy senatorial robes, beautiful twi'lek consorts, lavish penthouse in the high skyscrapers of Coruscant, silver TC series protocol droid.

So Tarpals is sort of a Turin Turambar, if you will.

In a word... no. If Tarpals ended up killing Palpatine, I might buy it. But... no. ;)
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8

Just to clarify... is Quinlan Voss considered as being in Phantom Menace? Wookiepedia seems to imply that he has a cameo on Tatooine. It even provides a picture of him there. If not I'd like to recomend him for the next competition.

I vote for yes.

In a word... no. If Tarpals ended up killing Palpatine, I might buy it. But... no. ;)

Don't be so incredulous!  He goes on to become a general long after Boss Nass is gone AND goes toe-to-toe with General Grievous in a fatal battle reminiscient of Turambar versus Glaurung!
Rune Haako CL 7

Medium Male Neimoidian scoundrel 5/noble 2
Init +5; Senses Perception +12
Languages Basic, Neimoidian, Pak Pak

Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 19), Fort 17, Will 21
hp 44; Threshold 17
Immune +5 to Will Defense against Deception and Persuasion

Speed  6 squares
Melee unarmed +4 (1d4+3)
Ranged hold-out blaster +6 (3d4+3)
Base Atk +4; Grp +6
Atk Options Cunning Attack, Point Blank Shot, Sneak Attack +2d6
Special Actions Inspire Confidence, Knack 1/day

Abilities Str 11, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 16
Talents Inspire Confidence, Knack, Sneak Attack (2)
Feats Cunning Attack, Cut the Red Tape, Expert Briber, Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Deception, Knowledge [bureaucracy]), Skill Training (Perception), Unwavering Resolve, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +16, Gather Information +11 (may use Knowledge [bureaucracy] +14 instead), Knowledge (bureaucracy) +14, Perception +12, Persuasion +6 (reduce DC to reduce price when haggling by 10), Stealth +10, Use Computer +9
Possessions encrypted long-range comlink, hold-out blaster

I always thought they could have done more with the superspy body guard handmaidens. I may have to take robshanti's build for my handmaiden character in the Lord of the Hives at GenCon.
Garrett 
The Star Wars Saga Dawn of Defiance Podcast THREAT DETECTED is here! threat-detected.com IMAGE(http://www.obsidianportal.com/images/banners/op_banner1_468x60.png)

Don't be so incredulous!  He goes on to become a general long after Boss Nass is gone AND goes toe-to-toe with General Grievous in a fatal battle reminiscient of Turambar versus Glaurung!

W-what?! Tarpals being compared to Turin?! I'm going to be banging my head against my keyboard for the next two hours. Wink
Yes, I know I misspelled "Jensaarai".
Show
You are Red/Blue!
I am Red/Blue
I am both rational and emotional. I value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, I'm innovative and intuitive. At worst, I'm scattered and unpredictable.

I’m making a controversial change to Shmi’s statblock. I’m giving her the Force Sensivity feat. Why? Well, I don’t really have any proof, other than Shmi’s “Data File” in the Episode 1 Visual Dictionary, which says, “Shmi can always sense when Anakin is nearby, even when she cannot see or hear him.” This suggests she may have latent force-sensitivity, although it is not trained in any way. Also, I have my own suspicions about her being Force-sensitive. Why else would the Force choose her to conceive the one to bring balance to the Force? There must be something special about her, and I wanted that to reflect in her statblock somehow, and this is the only way I can think of.

Ister Paddie

I'm afraid Ister Paddie only appears in Attack of the Clones Rob, so he isn't eligible for this contest. Sorry.

Yep, Quinlan is allowed in this contest, provided you stat him circa TPM.

Two weeks until submissions close. 
Josh Cheesman - journalist and Star Wars fan. Visit the YBtC Hall of Fame to see the winners of the Praxeum's regular You Build the Character competitions. Need roleplaying stats for a miniature you're using in your Star Wars game? Try the [Saga] Star Wars Miniatures RPG Stats thread. Check out the The Great Mess Hall Food Fight, the Star Wars thread that can't be derailed. Any and all discussions welcome! I never listen to the Order 66 Podcast.

Captain Panaka

"This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army."
―Panaka, to Queen Amidala

Captain Panaka, head of the Royal Naboo Security Forces during the Invasion of Naboo. Duting the Naboo invasion, he orchestrated a decoy scheme that allowed the succeess of the retaking of the palace at Theed. Panaka was usually on the alert, and was often called "the quickest eyes on Naboo." He possessed keen senses, and was quite intelligent.

Captain Panaka CL 7
Medium Human soldier 7
Force 3
Init +9; Senses Perception +15
Languages Basic, Huttese
Defenses Ref 21 (flat-footed 19), Fort 20, Will 20
hp 63; second wind +15/31; Threshold 20
Speed  6 squares, Running Attack
Melee unarmed +8 (1d6+4)
Ranged heavy variable blaster rifle +8 (3d6+3)
Base Atk +7; Grp +8
Atk Options Cover Fire, Point Blank Shot
Special Actions Battle Analysis, Commanding Presence, Coordinated Attack, Harm’s Way
Abilities Str 12, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 14
Talents Battle Analysis, Commanding Presence, Cover Fire, Harm’s Way
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Coordinated Attack, Improved Defenses, Martial Arts I, Point Blank Shot, Running Attack, Skill Focus (Knowledge [tactics], Perception), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Trained skills Initiative +9, Knowledge (tactics) +14, Perception +15, Persuasion +10, Pilot +9
Untrained skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +4, Deception +5, Endurance +3, Gather Information +5, Jump +4, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +4, Knowledge (galactic lore) +4, Knowledge (life sciences) +4, Knowledge (physical sciences) +4, Knowledge (social sciences) +4, Knowledge (technology) +4, Mechanics +4, Ride +4, Stealth +4, Survival +5, Swim +4, Treat Injury +5, Use Computer +4
Possessions  Royal Naboo Security Force uniform, Miniaturized heavy variable blaster rifle (can deal additional damage at ammo cost; ascension mode)

Chancellor Valorum

Finis Valorum, Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.

Chancellor Valorum CL 9
Medium Human noble 9
Force 3
Init +9; Senses Perception +9
Languages Aqualish, Basic, Bith, Bocce, Bothese, Caamasi, Dosh, Durese, Gran, High Galactic, Huttese, Ithorese, Quarrenese, Rodese, Ryl, Sullustese
Defenses Ref 20 (flat-footed 20), Fort 19, Will 21
hp 46; second wind +11/23; Threshold 19
Speed  6 squares
Melee unarmed +6 (1d4+4)
Ranged  by weapon +6
Base Atk +6; Grp +6
Special Actions Powerful Friends, Recall, Silver Tongue
Abilities Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 17, Wis 11, Cha 17
Talents Connections, Educated, Influential Friends, Powerful Friends, Wealth
Feats Linguist (3), Recall, Silver Tongue, Skill Focus (Gather Information, Knowledge [bureaucracy], Knowledge [galactic lore], Knowledge [social sciences], Persuasion), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Trained skills Deception +12, Gather Information +17, Initiative +9, Knowledge (bureaucracy) +17, Knowledge (galactic lore) +17, Knowledge (social sciences) +17, Knowledge (tactics) +12, Knowledge (technology) +12, Perception +9, Persuasion +17 (can intimidate or change attitude as a standard action)
Untrained skills Acrobatics +4, Climb +4, Endurance +4, Jump +4, Knowledge (life sciences) +7, Knowledge (physical sciences) +7, Mechanics +7, Pilot +4, Ride +4, Stealth +4, Survival +4, Swim +4, Treat Injury +4, Use Computer +7

W-what?! Tarpals being compared to Turin?! I'm going to be banging my head against my keyboard for the next two hours. Wink

Don't, JW!  We need you in top form for these competitions!

I'm afraid Ister Paddie only appears in Attack of the Clones Rob, so he isn't eligible for this contest. Sorry.

WHOOPS!  You're right!  I've deleted the Ister Paddie entry.  Sorry about that.
Garrett, I'd be honored if you used my handmaiden stat block.  I can't be the only one who's wondered what's under those robes:

Show

Watch out!

Wald CL 1

Wald was a friend of Anakin in their childhood years. He lived on Tatooine with his family, and helped Anakin as he built a podracer. Wald was known as a petty thief and vandal, and graffiti proclaiming Watto to be a "dirty old bird" was attributed to him. Wald always managed to share his illicit earnings with his friends, and his friendship with Anakin was strong.

Small Rodian (child) nonheroic 1/scoundrel 1
Init +2; Senses heightened awareness, low-light vision; Perception +3
Languages Huttese, Rodese

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 13), Fort 10, Will 12
hp 2; Threshold 10

Speed  6 squares
Melee  by weapon -2
Ranged  by weapon +1
Base Atk +0; Grp +1
Special Actions Combat Trickery

Abilities Str 7, Dex 13, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 6
Talents Art of Concealment
Feats Combat Trickery, Fringe Benefits, Scavenger, Tech Specialist, Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)
Skills Deception +4, Mechanics +7, Perception +3 (may reroll but must keep the result of the reroll even if worse), Stealth +7 (may take 10 to conceal an item)

Kitster CL 1

Kitster Chanchani Banai was a human slave boy on Tatooine, and the best friend of Anakin.

Small Human (child) nonheroic 1/scoundrel 1
Init +1; Senses Perception +9
Languages Basic

Defenses Ref 14 (flat-footed 14), Fort 10, Will 13; Grapple Resistance
hp 2; Threshold 10

Speed  6 squares
Melee  by weapon -1
Ranged  by weapon +0
Base Atk +0; Grp +0
Special Actions Knack 1/day

Abilities Str 8, Dex 11, Con 8, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 10
Talents Knack
Feats Cornered, Grapple Resistance, Informer, Skill Training (Climb, Endurance), Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)
Skills Climb +5, Deception +6, Endurance +5, Gather Information +1 (may use Perception +9 instead), Perception +9, Stealth +6

Wald CL 1
Kitster

Didn't Anakin get into a fight with one of these kids in the deleted scenes of Episode 1?

I think Anakin got into a fight with a young Greedo, and somebody tells Greedo that if he doesn't change his ways, he's going to come to a bad end.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
I think Anakin got into a fight with a young Greedo, and somebody tells Greedo that if he doesn't change his ways, he's going to come to a bad end.

Right.  I'm pretty sure that was Qui-Gon who breaks up the fight, and Wald who tells Greedo that he's going to come to a bad end.
One week left until submissions close.

Quinlan Vos -as of The Phantom Menace                                                 CL 8
Medium Near-Human (Kiffar) Scoundrel 1/Jedi 7
Destiny 1; Force 6 ;Dark Side Points 1
Init +12; Senses Perception +15
Languages Basic, Ryl
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defences Ref 23 (flat-footed 20), Fort 20, Will 22; Block, Deflect
hp 85; Threshold 20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee lightsabre +12 (2d8+6/×2) or
Ranged by weapon +10
Base Atk +7; Grp +10
Atk Options Desperate Gambit, Saber Swarm, Hawk-bat Swoop
Special Actions Quick Draw, Block, Deflect
Force Powers Known (Use the Force +15):   hawk-bat swoop, farseeing, force slam, mind trick, move object , saber swarm, shien deflection, surge
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12
Talents Block, Deflect, Fools Luck, Force Perception, Psychometry
Feats Desperate Gambit, Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Skill Focus (Use the Force), Weapon Focus (lightsabres), Weapon Finesse, Weapon Proficiency (lightsabres, pistols, simple weapons), Quick Draw
Skills Acrobatics +12, Deception +11, Gather Information +11, Initiative +12, Stealth +12, Use the Force +15 (may substitute for Perception)
Possessions lightsabre (self-built), comlink (encrypted), utility belt with medpac

Design notes: I started Vos as a scoundrel. I know that may be a little controversial as he grew up in the Jedi Temple, but I felt that given the nature of some of his assignments, his past, and training under Master Tholme (head of Jedi intelligence) that that would be appropriate. Fools Luck seemed like a natural choice. Kiffar are thought to be overly lucky, and the bonuses the talent can provide are a good fit for Vos. I gave him skill focus UF, as I thought there may be times Quinlan would have used the combat oriented bonuses instead of the skill bonuses. He and Obi-Wan Kenobi are of similar age and skill so I capped him at level 8 for the Phantom Menace. Only gave him 1 DSP for this time period as he hasn't really begun his personal battle with the darkside as of yet. The comics make Quinlan Vos look pretty beefy, but the Clone Wars Cartoon made him look kinda skinny. Being that he does become a master of Ataru I thought the thiner version would be a better fit.

I know this contest is about characters as they appear in the Phantom Menace, but is it alright to put a later version of Vos up with this one?

I know this contest is about characters as they appear in the Phantom Menace, but is it alright to put a later version of Vos up with this one?

Hmm. I'm afraid I'm going to have to say no. Just feels to me like it would break the theme.

That said, I've no problem with you posting your further Quinlan stats in this thread once the contest has closed.
I am a bit surprised no one entered Aurra Sing. I seem recall her making a short appearance during the podrace... I could be wrong though.
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]
I am a bit surprised no one entered Aurra Sing. I seem recall her making a short appearance during the podrace... I could be wrong though.

Yes, I saw her there. Personally, I was focusing on making characters that had a more important role in the movie rather than just a cameo appearance.