W/B Exalted

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
I designed this deck because I liked knight of glory and knight of infamy and was woundering how I did and If there are any improvements. (sticking to standard format and me and my friends play 75 card decks)

Creatures: (26)
Knight of Glory x4
Knight of Infamy x2 
Sublime Archangel x4
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis x2
Servant of Nefarox x2
Duty-Bound Dead x4
Aven Squire x4
Guardians of Akrasa x2
Ajani's Sunstriker x2

non-creatures: (24)
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad x1
Ring of Xathrid x1
Ring of Thune x1 
Angelic Benediction x2
Safe Passage x2
Akroma's Memorial x1
Essence Harvest x2
Builder's Blessing x4
Spirit Mantle x4
Go for the Throat x4
Killing Wave x2

Land: (25)
Vault of the Archangel x1
Cathedral of War x4
swamp x 8
plains x 12

Suggestions:

Drop Ring of Xathrid and Ring of Thune, theyre fun but not really great, particularly in this deck where you should always have one or two untapped creatures since only one of your creatures is going to be attacking at once anyway.

Use the slots to round out to 4 Knight of Infamy

Safe Passage is meh, I think two more Angelic Benediction would be much more suitable.  More exalted and more tapping down! helps negate chump blocking.

I would also look at something more boomy than Killing wave for a mass removal, maybe terminus?

I like your addition of ajani's sunstriker for an attacker though, I missed that when putting my list together. 
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
Thanks for input I like the idea of the extra 2 knight of infamy  and angelic benediction as for killing wave I think I miss understood the spell and i'll have to figure out a replacement 
I'd want either more kill spells or more critter based abilities in this. wouldn't really want sweepers since most of your wincons are creature based.
Yea I'm just not sure what kill spells to replace it with though I'm thinking murder might be it unless theres something better
Doom blade tends to be pretty solid precision takedown.

I had thought that the Killing wave as an "oh ****"  button for when things are going very badly.
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
The problem with doom blade is that it has to be non black creature
Which is why adding Evolving Wilds to adjust mana base to double black and Murder are your friends. You could also consider Dispatch/Oblivion Ring/Fiend Hunter and/or Go For The Throat.
Already 4 go for the throat as for evolving wilds i've always been unsure of land like that since they dont produce mana of thier own but in multi color decks they help if your missing something Undecided
The problem with doom blade is that it has to be non black creature

The problem with go for the throat is it has to be a non-artifact creature
The problem with victim of night is it has to be a non monstrous creature
The problem with murder is it costs 1 more mana, and needs double :B:

Every kill spell has a down point.  Its just a balancing act.
Show
Another big problem is your lack of lands. In a 75 card deck you want at the very least 27 lands, more like 30. As it is now, you won't be casting your Akroma's Memorial or summon Nefarox at all, not against someone with a halfway decent deck.
we normally use 25 land and do fine you get your random lack of mana at times but you get the times where all you getting is mana
You should know, that it is much harder to cope with mana screw than with mana flood, so the former should be avoided as much as is possible, even if that increases the risk of the later. And it is not hard to add a few cards that can actually make use of those lands or mass of mana, there are tons of useful activated abilities to pump mana into. That you're doing fine now is because everyone else makes the same mistake. Once you start putting out lands consistently in the first 4 turns, you'll see how much better you fare by having a few more lands.
Instead of finding a replacement for the killing waves should i just bump it up to 27 mana then?
You could always add Terramorphic/Evolving Wilds and Flood Plain (or the colour equivalent, I forget the correct name of the card you'd require).

There's also the option of upping mana but adding effect lands, as opposed to just generic basics.

Kabira Crossroads and New Benalia spring to mind, to keep you in the game and scout ahead in a larger deck. I would see what your friends tend to run and how they far and adjust accordingly, too.
Killing Wave is actually already a way to make use of excess mana. I would rather cut the Rings, Servant of Nefarox and Safe Passage first.

Also, if you choose to run a full 4 copies of Evolving Wilds, even though they are lands, you should count the full number of your lands to be 1 or even 2 less. My personal rule of thumb is to subtract 1 from my total land count for every three fetch lands I use.
I designed this deck because I liked knight of glory and knight of infamy and was woundering how I did and If there are any improvements. (sticking to standard format and me and my friends play 75 card decks)

Creatures: (26)
Knight of Glory x4
Knight of Infamy x2 
Sublime Archangel x4
Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis x2
Servant of Nefarox x2
Duty-Bound Dead x4
Aven Squire x4
Guardians of Akrasa x2
Ajani's Sunstriker x2

non-creatures: (24)
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad x1