[SNEAK PEEK] Feedback — Trading

50 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please use this thread for feedback on all aspects of trading, including managing trade binders, posting classifieds, and the actual trading process itself.

Please DO NOT POST BUGS in this thread. Use the designated bug thread AND report them so they can be fixed.

Please DO NOT use these threads to make non-GUI requests/comments such as Leagues, automated trading, fractional tickets etc.

Feedback thread index
Home, Help, Settings and Miscellany (including login and install)
Finding or Starting a Game/Event
Game Play (Duels & Multiplayer)
Tournaments (Standings, Draft)
Collection, Deckbuilding and Viewing Cards
Store
Trading
Chatting, Clans and Buddies
Bugs

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
When I open the trade tab I cannot extend the "Message" field to the right for making it bigger (thus more info to see per line). I can do this (to some extent) with the Username but not the Message.

Edit: Not sure if plausable but I would like it that when you search for a card that the program would highlight the matching results so you don't have to look through to find it. 
Sent by Mr. bubba0077 :D

In the new client I see that we have these things called Binders.  Really awesome feature, kudos there!  Back in the older client, we have the ability to "Import trade data from .csv".  This is an extremely helpful and beneficial function key to setting up an entire deck in just a few clicks.  Do you know if this feature will be added in a later version to auto-populate from a .csv file into a binder?

Tweaker 
It would be nice if you could highlight, underline, add a background color, or somehow make it easy to find the word or phrase you're searching for in the posts you're searching. 

If I'm searching for Jace, I don't want to read through several entire posts of junk I'm not interested in.... 

SELLING AVR|3.45| Tamiyo|10| Mickey Mantle |15| Frogger |1| Mario |45| Amelia Bedelia |11| Zelda |14| Bonfire |30| Romans |13| Tarmogoyf |40| Blackhawks |30| Vikings |3| Packers |20| Bears |4| Yankees|23| Red Socks |22| Marlins|3| Bulls|23| Telephones |3| Air Planes |4| Wild Defense |4| Avacyn |4| World Domination |4| Pinky and the Brain |3| Pixar |3| Miyazaki |4| Ponyo |5| Finding Nemo |4| Turkey |4| Rose |4| Violet |3| Emerald|4| Jace, the Mind Sculptor |4| Chandra |5| Sarkhan |3| Nicol Bolas |10|

... I'd rather have some way to identify what I'm looking for right away...

SELLING AVR|3.45| Tamiyo|10| Mickey Mantle |15| Frogger |1| Mario |45| Amelia Bedelia |11| Zelda |14| Bonfire |30| Romans |13| Tarmogoyf |40| Blackhawks |30| Vikings |3| Packers |20| Bears |4| Yankees|23| Red Socks |22| Marlins|3| Bulls|23| Telephones |3| Air Planes |4| Wild Defense |4| Avacyn |4| World Domination |4| Pinky and the Brain |3| Pixar |3| Miyazaki |4| Ponyo |5| Finding Nemo |4| Turkey |4| Rose |4| Violet |3| Emerald|4| <<<Jace>>>, the Mind Sculptor |4| Chandra |5| Sarkhan |3| Nicol Bolas |10|
Where is the legit trading system?

Where is the legit trading system?

Where is the auction house?

Please DO NOT use these threads to make non-GUI requests/comments such as Leagues, automated trading, fractional tickets etc.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

Yesterday, I made a special trade binder with 1 spare unhinged land (swamp) to trade. This spare unhinged land was already in the normal trade binder with all my other spare cards.

After the trade the unhinged swamp was still in my two trade binders, so I presume that in the future this is still tradable which I don't want it.
Is there a way to autodelete the traded cards in your trade binders, so that you don't accidentally trade the same cards twice (or more)?
I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

Yesterday, I made a special trade binder with 1 spare unhinged land (swamp) to trade. This spare unhinged land was already in the normal trade binder with all my other spare cards.

After the trade the unhinged swamp was still in my two trade binders, so I presume that in the future this is still tradable which I don't want it.
Is there a way to autodelete the traded cards in your trade binders, so that you don't accidentally trade the same cards twice (or more)?

The only way I can see to prevent this is to have a master list of tradables/untradables and then have the binders updated from that. Even there, there might be some problems. Otherwise I am guessing we have to keep track individually of every card in every binder.

Winter.Wolf (ugh at this new forum with the ridiculous double login)

No idea why but the counter of how many cards one has currently selected in a trade seems to be gone for the moment. Makes it annoying to trade with bots who sell x amount of cards for a ticket. The checkbox filtering feels slower than the select list options in V3 (maybe it is just getting used to it, though) and there are non-MTGO sets (like Alpha and Revised) in the filter list.
With great power comes great responsibility. - Stan Lee Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Bertrand Russell MTGO Agent - The place to buy and sell your Magic Online cards
It would be nice if you could highlight, underline, add a background color, or somehow make it easy to find the word or phrase you're searching for in the posts you're searching. 

If I'm searching for Jace, I don't want to read through several entire posts of junk I'm not interested in.... 

SELLING AVR|3.45| Tamiyo|10| Mickey Mantle |15| Frogger |1| Mario |45| Amelia Bedelia |11| Zelda |14| Bonfire |30| Romans |13| Tarmogoyf |40| Blackhawks |30| Vikings |3| Packers |20| Bears |4| Yankees|23| Red Socks |22| Marlins|3| Bulls|23| Telephones |3| Air Planes |4| Wild Defense |4| Avacyn |4| World Domination |4| Pinky and the Brain |3| Pixar |3| Miyazaki |4| Ponyo |5| Finding Nemo |4| Turkey |4| Rose |4| Violet |3| Emerald|4| Jace, the Mind Sculptor |4| Chandra |5| Sarkhan |3| Nicol Bolas |10|

... I'd rather have some way to identify what I'm looking for right away...

SELLING AVR|3.45| Tamiyo|10| Mickey Mantle |15| Frogger |1| Mario |45| Amelia Bedelia |11| Zelda |14| Bonfire |30| Romans |13| Tarmogoyf |40| Blackhawks |30| Vikings |3| Packers |20| Bears |4| Yankees|23| Red Socks |22| Marlins|3| Bulls|23| Telephones |3| Air Planes |4| Wild Defense |4| Avacyn |4| World Domination |4| Pinky and the Brain |3| Pixar |3| Miyazaki |4| Ponyo |5| Finding Nemo |4| Turkey |4| Rose |4| Violet |3| Emerald|4| <<<Jace>>>, the Mind Sculptor |4| Chandra |5| Sarkhan |3| Nicol Bolas |10|

Totally agree with you Arch. Its a pain and tedious. It would be nice to highlight the search someway.

As well as somehow beign able to filter out bots.

If only human sellers and click on a card and punch in an asking price, more of a visual thing then text.

Is this how classifieds are supposed to look? Is there anyway to make the ads less scrunched up?

The new trading interface looks interesting.

I think the following two things would be nice:

1) The "Additional filters" are very limited. Could we get the same functionalities as in V3 ? Fx show only cards where there is strigthly less than X tradable etc. I liked those filters.

2) When you right click a card you get a nice card discription. Could we also get the name of the Set? Often in a trading session it is nice to know which version of the card you are selecting. Right now I have to either look at the card and read/know the set symbol or filter out the set or see it in list view (which is not possible yet).
Is there some easy way to see the Set-name I have missed?   

sikonawt                :Winner of the "I love MTGO" contest

Lawnmower_Elf    :Winner of the "Explain your name" contest
[censored by wotc] :Winner of the "Roasting the communications policy" contest

Suggest bringing back a counter to display # of cards currently selected for trade.  I visited a free bot yesterday to test out the trades, and while it worked ok, i had no obvious way to see how many cards i'd selected and had to count them manually.  

Also seeing the same thing as theylostmynameagain posted above - classified adds are scrunched to the left and taking up way too much vertical space as a result.  Not sure if everyone sees this, but i am using widescreen 1920x1080 screen.  

Does anyone know if there is a way to do things like 'move all cards in excess of 4 owned to my trade binder'?  If there isn't, please consider adding some functionality for this and similar needs.

Just wanted to comment that the current selections during trading doesn't seem too helpful with people who select a certain amount from a large pool of items.

A common example is trading cards for a handful of tickets. Currently I don't see any way to increase the tickets to receive from a player aside from the options of "Receive one" or "Receive all". The problem is when many players and bots have tickets in the hundreds/thousands, making "Receive all" not so useful, while having "Receive one" very tedious by having many clicks to finish the trade of just one type of item.

I possible, I'd at least like the option for Receiving 4 and/or 10 like in the v3 client. Or possibly if the new client supports it, a changable "Receive X" option to make things most convenient. 
(I'm not sure whether this belongs in the Trading or Collection feedback, sorry) One thing I really wanted to see in a new collection/trading interface was the ability to "lock" cards that are in decks so that they can't be added to trade binders at all, or filter out cards that are in decks so that they don't show up in my collection unless I want them to. It would make moving cards newly acquired from drafting into trade binders much easier (or maybe even a way to filter cards by when you got them?)
Trading was the first thing I tried with the new client. It took me a while to figure out how to move the various pop up boxes about. This is unintuitive, why do I have to hit the MTGO symbol to move stuff around?

The bottom right of the screen is particularly annoying, where the New Chat pop up box hides the Submit and Cancel Trade button. I really want to switch the notification that the trade partner has started to chat with me off. The Buddy has joined notifications add to this iirritation. If I didn't know how MTGO trading works (say a new player) I might just have given up.

Finally, when I cancel the trade, can you change the Sorry notice to something more neutral (maybe just delete the 'Sorry'). I am aware that I have just cancelled the trade.

In all, it was something of a box moving click fest. Still, this could become something much better. I am cautiously hopeful.

First of all, the client looks super good, much better than the current one!

When I click on "TRADE" at the top for the first time, the "My Post" window takes up about half the screen. This is way larger than it needs to be, and it makes the window for the classifieds small.

The "message" text of the classifieds is not wide at all. Most of them have many more lines than needed, because of excess line breaks. theylostmynameagain posted a screenshot of this; it looks the same for me.

I keep losing the chat log to my trading partner. I open trade with a bot, get the welcome message, and click away (with the [x]) both the chat window in the top left and the notification in the bottom right. Then I select a card, and while I know that the bot is sending me some messages about it (the "CHAT" button top right starts glowing), I have no idea how to get the chat window back. Clicking "CHAT" at the top right does not give me a list of all my open chats. The same problem happens if I don't click [x] but when I click [_] in the chat window instead.

Clicking "Additional Filters" at the top opens a small menu, which is fine. Clicking on "Additional Filters" again should make that menu disappear. It does not disappear. Most other pop-out buttons do work properly, but this one does not.

When I click "Cancel Trade", the message that appears is "Sorry, this trade request has been declined or cancelled.". This implies to me that the other party (or the server) closed the session, not me. It would be better if this message was something like "You have cancelled trading with ".

When searching, I would really like to be able to perform a regular expression search. Yeah, I'm a geek :P

In the card filter, the order for rarity is alphabetical. I would prefer that to be "Common, Uncommon, Rare, Mythic" (or the other way around).

The "reset all filters" button does not work for me - all filters remain.

The "New Chat" popup covers the Submit/Cancel buttons. This is not very handy.
First of all, the client looks super good, much better than the current one!

When I click on "TRADE" at the top for the first time, the "My Post" window takes up about half the screen. This is way larger than it needs to be, and it makes the window for the classifieds small.

Earlier in beta, there was something else below that space. I suspect it was removed (temporarily?) because it wouldn't play nice with v3. That's why it looks so huge.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Sent by Mr. bubba0077 :D

In the new client I see that we have these things called Binders.  Really awesome feature, kudos there!  Back in the older client, we have the ability to "Import trade data from .csv".  This is an extremely helpful and beneficial function key to setting up an entire deck in just a few clicks.  Do you know if this feature will be added in a later version to auto-populate from a .csv file into a binder?

Tweaker 

It was asked to be put back into early on and has been asked  since then.

From what I gathered its  not set in stone if its going to be left out or not.

Wotc is aware that its not currently in and has been asked to be put in. 

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

So now I have to click on a ton of filters if I want to see someones collection. When before I hit a tab and I am in the spot I want to see.

When trading, you now see the other persons cards all alphabetical. You need to set filters just to view certain stuff instead of hitting a single tab to view the set you want or the bottom tab to see what packs and tickets they have to trade. You now have to click on other products then click on tickets to see if they have tickets up and when doing this the cards all go away. If you want to see if they have packs up you click on packs and the tickets go away. Then to view the card again, the packs go away. There needs to be a binder setting to see the stuff in order and see the packs and tickets at the end of the binder. None of the stuff should have to be hidden to see the other stuff.

This will make trading take so much longer when you have to do all these clicks to see the cards, packs, tickets, or items that you want to see and possibly trade for. If I am looking for standard cards and packs, I could just click on the top tabs for the standard sets and the bottom tab to see the packs. Now I have to change these filters back and forth to see both and can no longer view the different sets without clicking one on and another off or viewing them all mixed together alphabetically.

They put those set collection guides in fat packs and make them color by color not all alphabetical for a reason. Because its nice to view it that way. Why take that option away from us that we have in the current version?

It shows me the number of a card that I have but I don't see a box to make a certain amount tradeable and a certain amount not tradeable. A button to make all rares >4 tradeable. Or all Standard Commons >4 tradeable would be nice like the current version with these options.

JUST FOUND MORE PROBLEMS----Say i see that i no longer have a Birthing Pod up for trade in my binder. There are 2 ways I found this out.

1) I knew this because I was looking at my trade binder and noticed there wasn't any in it. It wasn't easy to notice it was missing because cards are just in a big long list like someone dropped a pile of cards on the table and I had to look through them alphabetically while looking at my collection alphabetically card by card to make sure I had all the cards up for trade in my binder while keeping a few of each not tradeable in my collection. This makes it a problem when you have lets say 10 of a card but only want to have 1 or 2 of them up for trade at any one time because if people see more they will want all of them and won't take some of your other stuff. Unlike the old ui that shows by just looking at the collection how many you own and how many are up for trade. This is the way this new UI should be also but its not. You don't have to change everything just because its an upgrade. Sometimes its best to leave something alone that works good.

2) And the second way was I was looking at my collection and my trade at the same time and going down the list of thousands of cards one by one making sure if I still had the card in my collection and if I wasn't too low on it, that I also still had 1 to 4 of them up for trade. Wow the old UI way better in this aspect.

When you trade with people the only way to keep your trade binder updated with the new UI is to look back and forth at each card one by one to make sure you still have the right amount up for trade.

You can't just look at your collection in the new ui and know if you have it up for trade or not, but in the current UI you can.

After 10 trades i will have to cross reference every card by looking at my collection and making sure i have a copy or a few up for trade in my binder unless its a card i am using or only have 1 or 2 of left

i wont know that by looking at my binder or my collection. I can only learn this info by going back and forth with each card one by one.

Give us the option of looking at our cards in a set by set and color by color order with how many we own of the card and how many we have up for trade of the card. PLEASE!
Trading is, so far, the worst thing I've experienced in the beta client.  Every week I cube draft with my clan's cube.  To do this we draft using a tool written by a clan member and then we trade with the owner of the cards before playing the games.  At the end of the night we trade the cards back.  Tonight I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to load a .dek wishlist.  In the old client it's right there on a nice big button "Load Wishlist".  I had to go so far as to close the Beta Client and open the old client just to make the trade.  A similar thing happened later on when trading back.  In order to trade back, I need to make the cards tradeable.  Doing that was next to impossible.  In the old client it was as simple as a right click. 

I'm sure that both of these things are very possible in the new client, but being possible and being easily accessible are two different things. 
When trading the cards filter and the other products filter are exclusive. I would like to choose Sealed products then choose standard/block to filter the bosters I want but I cannot do so in the beta client.

Edit: I like how the Compare to wishlist works. Saves me a lot of cliclinh if I make my wishist complete. I also like that when you atempt to buy the last card from a bot/person the card placeholder sticks around. 
Why are there no boolean operators supported in the classified search? Still?!?!?! I thought this was on the "to do" list. We are in the 21st century now, you know.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Your v4 trading system is amazingly bad.  I can't understate how bad it is.  It's worse than v3, which I thought would be impossible.

Where are my filters and boolean operators?

Where is the readable text?

I want to dynamically put things up for trade like in v2.

I want to know what is up for trade right now.

I want to automatically rid myself of unwanted cards like with an auciton system or even an official shredder that returns fractional tickets.

I want to select numbers between one and infinity. (you call it 'everything' I think)

Binders *sound* like a great idea, but we need a functional interface to use them with.
The Trade Binder does not update after each trade as it should . I had 5 tickets in my collection and traded 4 for 1 ISD Booster. Still my binder shows the 5 tickets, although I now have only 1 left (don't know what it shows to anyone that trades with me). Same happens if you trade your boosters for tickets (didn't test for cards yet). Impossible to keep track of your boosters or tickets unless you keep moving them back and forth from binder to collection.
The Trade Binder does not update after each trade as it should . I had 5 tickets in my collection and traded 4 for 1 ISD Booster. Still my binder shows the 5 tickets, although I now have only 1 left (don't know what it shows to anyone that trades with me). Same happens if you trade your boosters for tickets (didn't test for cards yet). Impossible to keep track of your boosters or tickets unless you keep moving them back and forth from binder to collection.

This is the biggest detractor for me in trading with the new client. I traded 3 tickets for 60 cards, and when I went back to my trade binder, I still showed 4 tickets for trade, and -3 tickets in collection, so I had to maunally change mybinder so that I only had my one ticket showing for trade.

Second issue, I love the filter that allows me to only see the cards the other person has for trade that I have less than 4 of. However, when I do this, it counts my Planeswalker cards. So, when I go to search for those 2 Earthquakes I need to complete my playset, they don't show up because I have 2 that are useable, and 2 from the Planeswalker sets. We need some way to be able to get rid of junk like the Planeswalker sets and the war marks that we don't want because we consider them useless. I could live with t if they didn't affect card ownership numbers, but in the trade view, when it makes me think I have 5 copies of a card when I only have 3 useable copies for the formats I play, that is a problem.

Lastly, when the client showed on the trade screen that I owned 4 Earthquakes already, even though I was sure I only owned 2, I went to the Collection screen to verify. After I did this, I could not get back to the trade screen. Luckily, it was with a bot and the bot timed out after 3 minutes, but I still had to reopen trade to get back the cards I needed.  
I agree with the issues raised by previous posters and have given up trying to use the new client for trade since I am really concerned I will trade away something I don't want to. 

I do like the 'Previous Trade Partners' button.
I also like that the Message box does not disappear after the trade.
But the number of unnecessary boxes that come up during the trade (Partner is waiting for you etc) is seriously annoying. 
Why do trade ad Messages only take up a fraction of the width of the screen? I can make this width narrower but not wider?

Following text is from a bot, this may be a bot issue with the new client but posting for info.

2:10 PM: CardBuyingBot20 accepts trade invitation
2:10 PM CardBuyingBot20: sSET ARB M sSET ARB M
2:10 PM CardBuyingBot20: sSET ARB M sSET ARB M C A R D B U Y I N G B O T

The sSET etc message continues throughout the trade making it difficult to read. 

For the love of god, why is there still no 'Advanced Search' function within trading? You have a room full of bots, blocks of text with no spaces and thousands of posts. Without being able to advanced search, it's just as impossible to refine your search properly as it ever was. If you change only one thing in the trading experience, please change this,
The sSET etc message continues throughout the trade making it difficult to read. 

The bot is probably using special symbols in chat that aren't supported in the Sneak Peek. The bot probably doesn't know which version of the client you are using.
Here's a couple of things I ran into while trying to trade on the new client:

- I can’t see how many cards I’ve taken thusfar in a given trade.
- When I’m in a trade I can’t go to the classifieds and check the messageboards. During a trade I might want to have a look what other people are offering for cards and I can’t do that currently. The tab "trade" is now locked at the current trade, I couldn't switch to classifieds anymore. 
- When right clicking a card, it would be nice to have the option “receive 4” and for tickets maybe even “receive 10” or “receive X” 
- Under additional filters there should be an option: “show if I have < 1” (for prismatic/commander players) or “show if I have < X” (for traders/bots)
- I would very much appreciate if I could browse by set again, like on the old client.

There's also the issue about having to click way too often too set filters, but I'll go into that in the interface thread since that's an issue with almost the entire client, not just trading.     
I really liked how back in 2.5 when you opened trade it would have the chat directly in the trade instead of a popup.  I also hate how in 3.0 it closes chat automatically when you close trade. I tried to dock a chat on the bottom but there is SOOO much wasted space by the chat tabs and buddy names.  The names should be on the right side and the chat tabs could be 1/4th the size.

During trade you can no longer right click to grab 4x, 10x, 32x, etc.  This was very useful and while the grab all is a nice feature  it would be nice to bring back the other options too.

I could not find any images from 2.5 trade other than some posted on a public scammerlist but I really feel like 2.5 handled trading very well.  Notice the sweet IRC style chat that worked really well and still works well today.www.mtgotraders.com/uploads/img47cd287c4...

PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
I liked how in the trade screen there was your buddy list on the left...

what would have been cooler is if you selected buddies and it only showed you your buddies trade ads.

Calavera on MTGO I collect Zendikar Foil Basic lands. Trade me yours! Things that I want to see changed on MTGO: 1: 64 man drafts added to rotation of Events. 2: Visual/Audible Notification of disconnect, deckbuild/afk time expiring and round starts. 3: Prize Payouts as close to draft sets as possible. 4: Rotate Classic draft queues monthly! 5: MOCS level events for Classic/Pauper 6: Power 9! 7: Award Promo Cards for Constructed PEs (esp for Legacy/Classic) 8: Program Split option back in! 9: Set Favorite version in deck editor (i.e. always use x swamp) 10: Better sorting of gold cards in deck editor. 11: Bring leagues Back!

Why are manual trades still the only route in a time when bots have taken over to the extent that it takes hours to find a player with a particular card (except for Standard). Upgrade the trade system so we don't have to resort to using bots. Player to player trades are how it should be, but your system (in v3 and v4) discourages this.
Why is there still no automated trade system? Why are manual trades still the only route in a time when bots have taken over to the extent that it takes hours to find a player with a particular card (except for Standard). An automated trade system, where you set the price you are asking for on your cards and they are put into a system where any player can buy it for that price at any time, would be one of the best features you could add in my opinion.

Right now they are just trying to fix the current trading system.  You have seen the issues with the blizzard auction houses and just image if a company of that size cannot handle it properly how can WOTC handle it better for items that people paid real money for?  Not that WOTC is not capable of it but there are tons of issues that WOTC legal would have to deal with.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
What part of

is so difficult to understand.?

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Possibly the part where a thread regarding the trading system is likely to receive comments regarding trading, since otherwise, any comments, suggestions or criticism probably just get lost in the aether. For example, I commented regarding the lack of an 'Advanced Search' function. This doesn't really come under GUI (just about, if you look at it sideways), but this seems like the most appropriate place to put it. There doesn't appear to BE an official 'Suggestions' thread, so until one exists, what do you expect to happen?
If someone had told me 6 months ago that the new version of the client was going to have a worse and more convoluted trading interface I would have laughed it off as a joke, but here we are.

I get the *idea* about trade binders, but in practice it just seems to end up more confusing. I don't understand the need to remove the view we are used to for displaying our collection, the current one could use some refinement in regard to the massive number of tabs you can end up with, but it didn't need to be thrown out the window entirely.

Having your collection sorted by set, then bu colour within sets is logical (it's how the set guide you get in fat packs are sorted out, and probably how most people sort their collection) Being able to easily show mythics/rares/uncommons/commons separated by tabs, showing the number owned, and number for trade, is easy to understand. Having a giant mess of cards and having to swap between collection and trade binder to work out how many you have set for trade (as far as I can tell, if there is an easier way, let me know) is cumbersome, confusing and *will* cause people to accidentally trade away too many of a card.

The same thing happens when you go to actually trade with anyone, you are shown a giant pile of cards with no real separation and you have to filter, filter, filter, filter until you find what you want. Instead of being able to say, set to show standard sets. Go through sets one at a time picking out cards (which I might be alone here, but that is pretty much exactly what I do at my LGS, everything is sorted by set) If you know exactly what you want, great, type in the name, if you just want to browse and pick up interesting cards you want to try out, good luck. Finding Tickets and sealed product is also a huge pita.

Lastly, the classifieds are awful (still) and to be honest it's pretty sad we are still forced to use them. At the least give us better search features, and allow classifieds to be made up of card names with links to show what card is being offered/wanted. New players who look at the trade screen are more likely to be scared off by the confusing mess of acronyms and shortened names. I remember when I first started playing MTGO around Darksteel, I got my awesome 8th edition starter free with my account including the awesome Enormous Baloth, all over the classifieds people were looking for 'Baloth' (ravenous baloth) but for a new player who didn't know all the cards it was confusing.

If you can't implement any kind of proper trading system with some real way to keep credit (oh noes, fractional tickets), please please please do something that isn't going backwards. This is meant to be a TRADING card game.
It would be fantastic to have the trading post search search by tags instead of phrases, so that you could search for, say "selling rancor" and it would give you all the people who have advertised that they are selling Rancor, as opposed to how it works now, where the words have to be side by side. It would also be great to have a feature where the trading post would be split into buying and split into selling. The latter might be a little difficult because many stores do both, but it would be interesting to see. Maybe it would just be the product of the search feature.
It would be fantastic to have the trading post search search by tags instead of phrases, so that you could search for, say "selling rancor" and it would give you all the people who have advertised that they are selling Rancor, as opposed to how it works now, where the words have to be side by side. It would also be great to have a feature where the trading post would be split into buying and split into selling. The latter might be a little difficult because many stores do both, but it would be interesting to see. Maybe it would just be the product of the search feature.

We used to have this, so it isn't really technologically difficult (or, it shouldn't be)

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
Sign In to post comments