What far fetched feature do you really want to see on release?

What far fetched feature do I really want to see on release?

New things? new concepts? new mechanics? new paradigms? 
Full spellcaster classes notated as being "NPC Only."  

What?  You said far-fetched...
I really want to see a vampire, werewolf, and ghost themes present on release. It would make it a lot easier to run a Shadowfell themed game using 5e. I also really want to see half-giant, thri-kreen, and mul races on release. Yes, I love Dark Sun. Of course, I doubt they will appear in the core rules... but maybe in a dragon article?

YES and YES!  Also, you mean Ravenloft, yes?

Now, far-fetched feature?  Alternate version campaign settings!  Who knows?

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
Full spellcaster classes notated as being "NPC Only."  

What?  You said far-fetched...

How about this?  Make all of the classes that are intentionally designed to be inferior (including the "I can do nothing but swing my sword" fighter) NPC classes.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

Fencing & Swashbuckling as Armor.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Mecha Pilot's Skill Challenge Emporium.

Save the breasts.

Personal opinion...

I have a soft spot for the AD&D 2nd Edition boxed set Council of Wyrms, so I'd like to see player character dragons.    :D

All around helpful simian

Good rules (or at least pretty solid guidelines) for playing just about any monstrous race.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
Good rules (or at least pretty solid guidelines) for playing just about any monstrous race.

I second this! And if that's already a forgone conclusion, my second choice would be playable Myconids.
I would love to see the sorceror (my favorite class) have its own unique class features, whether it be bloodlines, no-vancian, or whatever. Just something that completely seperates it from the wizard.

edit: And THIRD for guidlines for monstrous races...no level adjustments please
I really want to see a vampire, werewolf, and ghost themes present on release. It would make it a lot easier to run a Shadowfell themed game using 5e. I also really want to see half-giant, thri-kreen, and mul races on release. Yes, I love Dark Sun. Of course, I doubt they will appear in the core rules... but maybe in a dragon article?

YES and YES!  Also, you mean Ravenloft, yes?

Now, far-fetched feature?  Alternate version campaign settings!  Who knows?

No, I meant Shadowfell. The Shadowfell was a 4e addition. It featured a city called Gloomwraught that is something like a cross between the Ravenloft and the Planescape settings. I LOVE the boxed set (one of the few 4e products with flavor that is as good as that seen in the 2e days). Where Ravenloft, at least early Ravenloft, is more "classic heroes who stand against the undefeatable darkness" in tone, the Shadowfell setting is more "dark and gothic horror in a city which is home to dark and gothic horrors." It is the sort of setting where vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and the people who hunt them might end up in an inn drinking together (sort of like in Planescape, only with angels, devils, and demons). All in all, a very cool setting. It was also one of the later 4e products, so I would love to see mechanical support for it with the early 5e material (in the form of dark/gothic class/race/theme features). 

Personal opinion...

I have a soft spot for the AD&D 2nd Edition boxed set Council of Wyrms, so I'd like to see player character dragons.    :D

Definitely, I think most of us would love to be able to play as a dragon or half dragon from the get go.

Yes, I love Dark Sun.

It has to be original (1992) Dark Sun.
The d12 & d4 given prominant, essential, uses to rival that of the d20.
The thing that i think is most far fetched but I would get the most use out of is a race customization book like Pathfinder put out.  I enjoy making my own worlds.  I buy most of what is put out but get irritated when I am unconfident things i change to fit my setting are unbalanced.  Heck, i hope they do the same with monsters and spells but I think WotC fears that if they provide too much information on how to customize within their rules we won't buy more products. 
The thing that i think is most far fetched but I would get the most use out of is a race customization book like Pathfinder put out.  I enjoy making my own worlds.  I buy most of what is put out but get irritated when I am unconfident things i change to fit my setting are unbalanced.  Heck, i hope they do the same with monsters and spells but I think WotC fears that if they provide too much information on how to customize within their rules we won't buy more products. 

You're not thinking Far-fetched enough. I want to see rules on how to create my own racial creation rules, maybe even not give us those, but give us racial creation-creation-creation rules, so we can create rules that guide DMs to craft rules that allow them to make their own racial creation rules.

I am currently raising funds to run for President in 2016. Too many administrations have overlooked the international menace, that is Carmen Sandiego. I shall devote any and all necessary military resources to bring her to justice.

You're not thinking Far-fetched enough. I want to see rules on how to create my own racial creation rules, maybe even not give us those, but give us racial creation-creation-creation rules, so we can create rules that guide DMs to craft rules that allow them to make their own racial creation rules.

How about this for far-fetched?  DDN BoEF.

There are a great many problems that can be circumvented by players and DMs having a mature discussion about what the game is going to be like before they ever sit down together to play.

The answer really does lie in more options, not in confining and segregating certain options.

You really shouldn't speak for others.  You can't hear what someone else is saying when you try to put your words in their mouth.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Save the breasts.

A Batman class! To resolve all of those debates on "how would you create Batman as a D&D character?"

Also, to play as Batman. 
I don't use emoticons, and I'm also pretty pleasant. So if I say something that's rude or insulting, it's probably a joke.

Book of Exalted ?

No, I meant Shadowfell. The Shadowfell was a 4e addition. It featured a city called Gloomwraught that is something like a cross between the Ravenloft and the Planescape settings. I LOVE the boxed set (one of the few 4e products with flavor that is as good as that seen in the 2e days). Where Ravenloft, at least early Ravenloft, is more "classic heroes who stand against the undefeatable darkness" in tone, the Shadowfell setting is more "dark and gothic horror in a city which is home to dark and gothic horrors." It is the sort of setting where vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and the people who hunt them might end up in an inn drinking together (sort of like in Planescape, only with angels, devils, and demons). All in all, a very cool setting. It was also one of the later 4e products, so I would love to see mechanical support for it with the early 5e material (in the form of dark/gothic class/race/theme features). 

Yes, Shadowfell setting is awesome. Easily the best (new) thing happened in 4E on the lore side. I'd love to see it moving forward in the new edition.
No, I meant Shadowfell. The Shadowfell was a 4e addition.

They just renamed The Plane of Shadow, and gave it some eyeliner.

A critical hit system so realisitic that everyone in a three block radius gets bleeding injuries when you play the game.

An entrenched system of secret societies that take the place of alignments.

Every player is a dragon overlord, and they create a stable of minions which do their bidding. Council of Wyrms the way it should have been. 

Fighters (and only fighters) can pick one enemy at the beginning of each combat that will die in a manner described by the player--no rolls, no saves, no DM hookery, even works on gods. 

Mages lose 1 hp per round forever, and thus require a steady stream of fresh young blood to remain living.

Fighters inflict damage on enemies simply by posturing and flexing really hard. Pump It Up 15ft Radius. At high levels a fighter kills giants a half-mile away just by thinking about drawing his sword. 

All weapon damage explodes (when maximum result is rolled, roll again and add; alternatively, all weapon damage is accompanied by explosions...and fire...and salt.)

Rules for playing in the afterlife from day one. If your character dies, you have to EARN your resurrection. no pansy spells for you.

Dwarves revealed to be a larval form of orcs.

Living blood a playable race. 

All characters capable of a self-destructive retributive strike (as a Staff of the Magi).

Personally I would love to see advantage/disadvantage changed to +2/-2 and superior advantage/disadvantage changed to +5/-5.

Then make skill training (including fighting, shooting, and spellcasting) give a roll 2 take highest. So a warrior trained in fighting rolls 2d20 for melee combat and chooses the highest while the Mage only rolls 1d20. This way you can clearly differentiate who is superior at a skill while keeping bounded accuracy.

No, I meant Shadowfell. The Shadowfell was a 4e addition.

They just renamed The Plane of Shadow, and gave it some eyeliner.

No, they really didn't. Certainly some aspects of the Shadowfell were a spiritual successor to the Plane of Shadow. By far and large, however, the Shadowfell boxed set is very far removed from the Plane of Shadow. Like I said, it was more of a cross between Ravenloft, Planescape, maybe with a tiny bit of the Plane of Shadow thrown in for good measure. The Planescape and Ravenloft influences certainly felt a great deal more pronounced.

Do people a favor, if your sole reason to respond is to make some snarky degrading edition warrior comment, just avoid posting.  So far, your contributions to this thread amount to attempting to degrade later iterations of Dark Sun and 4e’s one truly great contribution to the lore (via the Shadowfell boxed set). I get it if you hate the edition. I even respect the opinion. There are certainly many things about 4e that rub me the wrong way (even if, overall, I prefer it to 3e). But I am really not interested in reading one snarky attack after another. 
A functional multiclassing system, that doesn't make multiclassers brokenly bad* or brokenly good** or barely a multiclass at all***.

*     warrior10/mage10 or similar

**   choose any monstrosity from char ops forums that usually lookls like baseclass3/baseclass2/Prc4/Prc5/Prc2/Prc4

*** 4e
My far feched Idea would be the design team would make the perfect game, a game so perfect that it would destroy the Edition wars if released but Hasbro(WotC's Owner) woiuld prevent it from being released because they want to make money. No perfect game... I guess we are stuck with whatever is good enough.
So, full-on Vampire, Werewolf, and Ghost as races? Not Vryloka, Shifter, and Shade? Or are these three ok as classes that require advancing mastery of innate powers?

Either way, I agree. The horror flavor is part of the pop culture, and is important for inviting new gamers into D&D.
Good, real, actually-designed kingdom rulership and mass combat rules.

(Yes, Birthright is my favorite setting.)
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.

So, full-on Vampire, Werewolf, and Ghost as races? Not Vryloka, Shifter, and Shade? Or are these three ok as classes that require advancing mastery of innate powers?

Either way, I agree. The horror flavor is part of the pop culture, and is important for inviting new gamers into D&D.

I was actually thinking themes instead of races. So, basically, feat trees. The more feats in the vampire tree you have the more you derive your power from the creature you have become. The base feat equals your innate powers. That way you could have vampires, werewolves, or ghosts of any race / class. Meanwhile, the sorts of powers given to the vampire class in 4e would become a function of feats (which are already the method by which WotC has said non-spell based powers will be distributed in 5e). 
Good, real, actually-designed kingdom rulership and mass combat rules.

(Yes, Birthright is my favorite setting.)

That would make me very happy...
No surprise at the Hot Topic/World of Darkness themed snark...  No matter, I really like the concept of Shadowfell, but think the name sounds like a cheap metal band name and some other concepts didn't sit with me either.  I always felt the new cosmo. had a theme parky feel that I didn't like too much.  Perhaps with a bit of redressing and rewriting, I'll be eager to see it in 5E!  So, tear it out of the World Axis and trim it up for a separate module series, I say!  Plus, you can put it back via cosmology modules that state "In the horror kit, this realm resembles the Shadowfell.    Perhaps an independent concept for a "D&D Horror book" like "Heroes of Horror!"  Or part of a horror boxed set with a Ravenloft book tucked in for good measure.  *Raises sword to the air* Ladies and gentlemen, whose with me?  Okay, a tad overdramatic...  But, I'm campy and quirky by nature >.>

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

Book of Exalted ?

No.  That would be BoED.  I meant the BoEF, which is this:

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Save the breasts.

Book of Exalted ?

Oh god, lol.  That's VERY far-fetched, I'm afraid.  However, I doubt there is anything to stop people from whipping up something under the radar, as long as it's not sold under the D&D name.

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

Book of Exalted ?

Oh god, lol.  That's VERY far-fetched, I'm afraid.  However, I doubt there is anything to stop people from whipping up something under the radar, as long as it's not sold under the D&D name.

Realistically, all I want to see is a genre book that explores Horror, Romance, Political Intruige, Erotica, Comedy, etc.  Most of this stuff doesn't need a lof crunchy rules so much as good advice for crafting storylines and creating the right mood.  But the OP was asking for far-fetched.  And I don't think it gets any more far-fetched than that.  Well. . . I suppose a WotC game designer swimsuit calendar would be more far-fetched. . . maybe.

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Save the breasts.

Book of Exalted ?

Realistically, all I want to see is a genre book that explores Horror, Romance, Political Intruige, Erotica, Comedy, etc.  Most of this stuff doesn't need a lof crunchy rules so much as good advice for crafting storylines and creating the right mood.  But the OP was asking for far-fetched.  And I don't think it gets any more far-fetched than that.  Well. . . I suppose a WotC game designer swimsuit calendar would be more far-fetched. . . maybe.

I'm immediately behind genre books!  I LOVE expanding my game beyond the standard, whether injecting heavier tropes from sci-fi, horror, mystery, romance, whatever you call David Lynch

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

Book of Exalted ?

quoting myself...

The book of Erotic Fantasy was a rather balanced book, and not designed to be especially lurid. It discusses handling of sexuality of a wide gamut, and also discusses NOT handling it, ranging from rated G on up and matching your presentation to your audience and things of a similar sort. And really did so with a fair degree of maturity. It was third party product but well handled in my opinion.

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Book of Exalted ?

quoting myself...

The book of Erotic Fantasy was a rather balanced book, and not designed to be especially lurid. It discusses handling of sexuality of a wide gamut, and also discusses NOT handling it, ranging from rated G on up and matching your presentation to your audience and things of a similar sort. And really did so with a fair degree of maturity. It was third party product but well handled in my opinion.

The bad rep and Wizards freaking out doesn't help.  It's a pretty good resource book for adding romantic and erotic themes without it being attempts at goofy taboo GRIMDARK.  (Ironically, Wizards is guilty of this)

• JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

But that is exactly what Pathfinder put out and what I was referring to.  I am surprised.  All the edition wars crap and references to Pathfinder or 13th Age I assumed more people on these boards knew about their product lines.  I guess less people play or BETA test them then it appears.

Oh, I didn't read deeply enough...i missed the part about the creation-creation rules...I guess that's nice to.

But that is exactly what Pathfinder put out and what I was referring to.  I am surprised.  All the edition wars crap and references to Pathfinder or 13th Age I assumed more people on these boards knew about their product lines.  I guess less people play or BETA test them then it appears.

I didn't say that.  Please clean up your quote tags.

I don't post enough to know how, sorry.  You post enough to choke a horse.  I am sure your reputation will stay in tact. 
actually, from what i know BoED kinda made WotC to stop the OGL thing.
actually, from what i know BoED kinda made WotC to stop the OGL thing.

Do you mean the BoEF or the BoED?

D20 Modern Toon PC Race.

Save the breasts.

BOEF, clumsy fingers =V