07/16/2012 FtL: "Brainblast"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I wanted to enjoy this article, I really did...

But Omniscience is the wrong name for that effect. It severely hampers my ability to enjoy anything associated with that card.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c6f9e416e5e0e1f0a1e5c42b0c7b3e88.jpg?v=90000)
its funny how people think tamiyo emblem and temporal mastery = infinite turn... it doesn't !
temporal mastery is exiled from the game as soon as you play it, since it never hits graveyard it never get to return into your hand.

aside from that minor error in the article...
i so love those decks !

but im surprised nobody mixed griselbrand with omniscience.
they both go hand in hands. lose 7 draw 7, unload your hand rinse and repeat if you gain some life with cards.     
Happy birtday Noel!

I really like the first deck with conflux. But the deck with Tamiyo and Lunar Mystic seems really out of magic Christmasland to be honest.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
its funny how people think tamiyo emblem and temporal mastery = infinite turn... it doesn't !
temporal mastery is exiled from the game as soon as you play it, since it never hits graveyard it never get to return into your hand.. 

Actually, not as soon as you play/cast it but as soon as you arrive at the last sentence during resolution. :P

I got 2 Omniscience in my box/fat pack/sealed pools, would that be enough to make a deck? :P

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

No Lost Auramancers or Academy Rector.  That is too bad.  The other methods are neat though.  Adding Tamiyo was especially nice.  Never really considered it.
IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1205820039/Scorecards/Landscape.png)
Why Jin Gitaxias in the last deck? Omen Machine means you can't draw cards, making the best part of his ability do nothing.
Once again, no one mentions sparkcaster
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
I don't get how he wants to win with coalition victory without all sorts of basic lands in the deck, am I missing something?
Abbot Pheldy OSM Mafia Awards 2010 Most Unique Playstyle Designer of Game of the Year 2010 Designer of Most Flavorful Game My achievements random hum
I don't get how he wants to win with coalition victory without all sorts of basic lands in the deck, am I missing something?

Prismatic Omen
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
Once again, no one mentions sparkcaster

Seems like a respectable wincon. I was keeping my deck modern-legal and deliberately sought a Timmy wincon to go with such a Timmy enchantment.