WARNING! New Player on Board

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello fellow D&D players.  I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that a new, and I mean new, player has been added to the world of D&D.

I am 42 years old and have never played pnp D&D (for the sake of argument).  I have played DDO for about 5 years now.  And yes I am totally aware that outside of the die rolls the two games are totally different.

I am starting a regular play group with a couple close friends and two of our children, ages 11 and 13.  I just wanted to stop by and say hello because I am SURE you are going to be hearing a lot from me in the next few months as we try to hone our dungeon skills.

I leaned on the power of the forums last night during my creation of my fighter and I was really impressed with the speed in which people responded.  Without these forums we would not have nearly as many people attempt to be the lastest 'Dragon Slayers'.

So hello for now and I look forward to being an active part of the world of D&D.

Regards,
Shawn (aka - Agorth Brutalum - level 1 fighter)
welcome to the game
Welcome to the dark side. Trust your creative powers; embrace them, and use them wisely.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Welcome to the hobby.

Come to 4ENCLAVE for a fan based 4th Edition Community.

Welcome to D&D Shawn !  Let us know how the campaign is going !

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Welcome Shawn. The people that have posted above me are some good folks that are always willing to give solid advice and carry on good discussions. Feel free to send me a message anytime that you have questions.
Welcome!

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Defenders: We ARE the wall!

I've replaced the previous Edition Warring line in my sig with this one, because honestly, everybody needs to work together to make the D&D they like without trampling on somebody else's D&D.

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.