How's this for an Infection deck?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
anyone?
Think I'd go for 4 Hand of the Praetors and lose the Skithiryx. I'd also lose Contagion Engine (it costs too much to cast); Elixyr of Immortality (it just has no business being in this deck); Inexorable Tide (it comes into play too late to make a real difference), and I'd get more infect creatures in there (16 isn't very many, really). Also, two or three more lands.
add 4 inkmoth nexus, those lands are so op, i only have 2 of them and it won me a triple battle pretty quick
I have no experience with infect. It's such an overpowered ability any infect deck will be good.

How well does it play out for you? It would seem like that Hand of the Praetors should be at three or four. It's an important design. I'd take out Sleep. You've got enough evasion that you don't need it. Same goes for Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, and Inexorable Tide. This about this, you've only got to deal 10 damage to your opponent to win. You can get by on extra poison counters with that Hand of the Praetor alone. Also, plus four Inkmoth Nexus.

Phyrexian Crusader, Phyrexian Vatmother are my recommendations.

Even Darksteel Juggernaut + Phyresis or Grafted Exoskeleton in an artifact based deck can win the game based on infect. Indestructible is very important, however, Phyrexian Juggernaut is considerable. You cast it and then next turn hit it up with Distortion Strike for 6 poison counters. By that time you should have already hit your opponent for four. Which means you'd end up having even more useless content in your deck. If that was the winning combo, that is.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

If you really want to abuse infect, Plague Stinger + Blazing Shoal + Greater Gargadon is game over.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

With a blue deck you have plenty of cards that can proliferate, so take that to your advantage. There are also good blue infect creatures like Viral Drake(one of my favorite for an infect deck, though he isn't standard). GM Champion really said it though.
With a blue deck you have plenty of cards that can proliferate, so take that to your advantage. There are also good blue infect creatures like Viral Drake(one of my favorite for an infect deck, though he isn't standard). GM Champion really said it though.

well, I pulled 1 of each contagion engine,contagion clasp and elixir of immortality
I added 2 artful dodge and 2 more creatures with infect
I went with a green-artifact deck for infect, it is quicker than black. I have only one question why do you have livewire lash in the deck if you have no targeting spells. I will post my deck but not to have you change your deck but maybe get some ideas.

LANDS

18 Forest
  3 Inkmoth Nexus
  1 Pendelhaven

CREATURES

4 Corpse Cur
  3 Glistener Elf
  3 Ichorclaw Myr
  4 Necropede
  4 Plague Myr

ARTIFACTS

2 Cranial Plating
  2 Livewire Lash
  2 Mortarpod

SPELLS

3 Mutagenic Growth
  3 Rancor
  3 Titanic Growth
  3 Vines of Vastwood
  2 Wild Defiance

SIDEBOARD

3 Phyrexian Metamorph
  2 Skeleton Shard

The deck usually wins by turn 4-5, but the quickest that I have finished the match is turn two. I have taken a Plague Myr and beefed him up to a 17/15 trample infect in one turn. With Wild Defiance it takes no time to beef cake your creature. The metamorphs are in for Melira, Sylvok Outcast and the shard is for mass board wipe. I would put more targeting spells in so you can trigger Livewire Lash . I have given 4 infect to the other player just by playing two spells that target my creature with the lash on. 

A couple of skeleton shard would be good. With livewire you want something repeatable like gigadrowse or shimmering wings.

tezzeret's gambit Is usually better then steady progress.

undying evil is really just naasty with corpse cur.

You need more land. With any 4 mana effects you should really run 24 land. 4 inkmoth nexus would be ideal but I understand they are pricey.

Infect creatures trade just fine and you have a really nasty backup with livewire already, no reason for sleep. Inexorable and contagion engine are to expensive for your deck.

Things your creatures cant kill will not be affected by doomblade. You want either dismember or consuming vapors

I would invest in some real dual lands as well. They would make one hell of a difference for you.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I went with a green-artifact deck for infect, it is quicker than black. I have only one question why do you have livewire lash in the deck if you have no targeting spells. I will post my deck but not to have you change your deck but maybe get some ideas.

LANDS

18 Forest
  3 Inkmoth Nexus
  1 Pendelhaven

CREATURES

4 Corpse Cur
  3 Glistener Elf
  3 Ichorclaw Myr
  4 Necropede
  4 Plague Myr

ARTIFACTS

2 Cranial Plating
  2 Livewire Lash
  2 Mortarpod

SPELLS

3 Mutagenic Growth
  3 Rancor
  3 Titanic Growth
  3 Vines of Vastwood
  2 Wild Defiance

SIDEBOARD

3 Phyrexian Metamorph
  2 Skeleton Shard

The deck usually wins by turn 4-5, but the quickest that I have finished the match is turn two. I have taken a Plague Myr and beefed him up to a 17/15 trample infect in one turn. With Wild Defiance it takes no time to beef cake your creature. The metamorphs are in for Melira, Sylvok Outcast and the shard is for mass board wipe. I would put more targeting spells in so you can trigger Livewire Lash . I have given 4 infect to the other player just by playing two spells that target my creature with the lash on. 

To answer your question, i put them in because I know the people I play use target enemy creature spells. I honestly never thought of putting spells to target my own. Put I like some of the cards you put in yours. I just didnt see enough cards to try a green infect deck. But that is a helluva nice setup you got! thanks for the tips!
Sign In to post comments