Splicers are back need sideboard

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For the last few weeks i have been tearing up FNM's with this....

4 blade splicer
3 emancipation angel
4 feind hunter
4 master splicer
3 phantasmal image
2 restoration angel
3 sensor splicer

4 cloudshift
4 oblivion ring
4 saving grasp
4 unsummon

i think everyone forgot the other splicers beyond blade... but with all the blink out there now..my golems are killing it.... play a splicer....bounce or blink repeat... but the amazing champ to this had been the feind hunter bounce trick.. play feind hunter.. come into play trigger goes on the stack after he resolves.. then use any of your 12 bounce instants to bounce him back to your hand .... bounce resolves  feind hunter in hand... then the exile trigger hits.. exile your oponates critter and it's attached to nothing so it can't come back... so good vs undying!!!!

but granted the FNM i go to  pulls 40-50 players... and given several weeks of winning 70% + of my matches... meta game is gonna bite me soon.. and i just can't think of a great sideboard for this... i rarely have need to... but and help will be appreciated!!!!!
I wish my fnm pulled that crowd ;_;
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
The people at your FNM must be either awful players or be using terrible decks if you're winning 70% of your matches with that pile.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

Hey let's not get insulting. You haven't played against it, I remember when Argentum combo first came around everyone laughed and than it became format breaking.
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
Hey let's not get insulting. You haven't played against it, I remember when Argentum combo first came around everyone laughed and than it became format breaking.

format breaking that's a good one.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

Caw-Go came from Argentum combo...it just stripped the Quest and ornithopter/memnites for control. And it demolished all formats.
My life as a pigeon.
>mfw
The only two suggestions I can make are:

Wing Splicer over sensor splicer.

-1 cloudshift, -1 saving grasp, -1 unsummon for +3 Dispatch. You have plenty of flicker and redundancy, some extra removal would probably be helpful.

The other option would be to run a few Day of judgment, and just plan on starting after turn 4, which, looking at your curve, maybe be something to consider. Its the only downside of running all splicers, and that is that they are mana-hungry.

Good luck with this, I've always wanted to run a splicer list. 
Caw-Go came from Argentum combo...it just stripped the Quest and ornithopter/memnites for control. And it demolished all formats.

No it didn't and that deck was close to unplayable.

(Quote removed for continuity)

Honestly your deck is just a worse budget version of the UW or Esper midrange deck that has been been floating around you should check out some those lists for better ideas.

Helping you make a sideboard is not going to improve the viability of this deck at all however switching the majority of unplayable maindeck cards for playable ones probably will.

Yes it did...I ran quest and modified it to fit U like everyone else back when stone forge was 75 cents. Someone people stayed with combo but most went with the control kit cause it was better in almost every way beside T1 lock downs.
My life as a pigeon.
>mfw
I've removed content from this thread because personal attacks are a violation of the Code of Conduct.  You can review the Code of Conduct here.
Naysayers aside it looks like a fun deck. Have seen what restoration angel has done in another white deck (white humans with blade splicers) and I like the continuation of this idea.
Sign In to post comments