[Sneak Peek] Feedback Thread Index and Additional Sneak Peek Information

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sneak Peek Discussion Threads
In order to keep the feedback organized and manageable, and also to keep the boards from being completely overwhelmed with discussion threads, we ask that all feedback about the sneak peek be given in the following threads:

Home, Help, Settings and Miscellany (including login and install)
Finding or Starting a Game/Event
Game Play (Duels & Multiplayer)
Tournaments (Standings, Draft)
Collection, Deckbuilding and Viewing Cards
Store
Trading
Chatting, Clans and Buddies
Bugs

There also a survey from WotC you should fill out.

General Information
The sneak preview beta will begin Monday 16 July and run through the downtime on 25 July. The new client can be downloaded here. Closed beta testers will need to uninstall their existing client first.

During the beta period, both the old client and the beta client will be able to access the live servers. You may choose either one, or switch back and forth as often as you wish. Remember that everything you do in the beta client affects your real account.

I recommend doing some open play on the new client before joining any paid events. If you encounter any technical problems with the new client that require compensation, please file it in the normal way.

In the next post I'll try to provide some instructions for actions that are substantially different in the new client.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
How to build a deck and specify the format
The deck builder has been merged with the collection screen in the new client. Also, each deck is connected to a specific format.
1) Click on the collection tab
2) Click "Add Deck"
3) Fill in a deck name
4) Select a format for the deck
5) Click "OK"
6) Add cards to your deck or sideboard by dragging cards from the top (collection) screen or by right-clicking and choosing "Add N to deck" or "Add N to sideboard"
7) Decks are saved automatically

How to import a deck on your computer (*.dek, *.txt)
2) Click "Add Deck"
3) Click the "Browse" button
4) Select the deck you wish to import and click "Open"
         (the default deck path for v3 is %AppData%\Roaming\Wizards of the Coast\Magic Online.0\Decks)
5) Fill in a deck name
6) Select a format for the deck
7) Choose a deckbox picture to represent the deck
8) Click "OK"

How to change the format assigned to a deck
2) Click on the format under which the deck is currently listed
3) Right-click on the deck you wish to change
4) Select "options"
5) On the "settings" tab, choose the new format
6) Click "OK"

How to find and join an open game
1) Click PLAY
2) Click on the "Constructed Open Play" tab on the left side
3) Choose the competitiveness level (Just starting out, Just for Fun, Getting Serious, Tournament Practice)
4) Click on "My Deck" and select the deck you want to play*
5) [Optional] You may select one or more of each of Format, Set Multiplayer , Permitted Opponents and/or Allow Watchers in order to filter results. Games matching the filters that are available to join will appear at the top of the lower right panel under "Join a Game". Full games will appear under "Current/Past Games".
6) Double-click on the game you wish to join, or click and select "Details"
7) Click "Join Game"

* Note that all decks in the new client are tagged with a specific format. Even if the deck is legal in other format, the assigned format must be changed in order for the deck to be used in the new format. See How to change the format assigned to a deck above.

How to start a new open game
1) Click PLAY
2) Click on the "Constructed Open Play" tab on the left side
3) Choose the competitiveness level (Just starting out, Just for Fun, Getting Serious, Tournament Practice)
4) Click on "My Deck" and select the deck you want to play*
5) Click on "Format" and check ONE box for the format you want to play
6) [Optional] Set Multiplayer options [default: 1-on-1], Permitted Opponents [default: AnyOpponent] and/or Allow Watchers [default: yes]
7) Click "Host a New Game" at the bottom left

* Note that all decks in the new client are tagged with a specific format. Even if the deck is legal in other format, the assigned format must be changed in order for the deck to be used in the new format. See How to change the format assigned to a deck above.

Note that this area doubles as both a game filter and a game creator. When you select options here, the list of current games is filtered by your selections. To use the filter, you can select multiple boxes, but when creating a game, you need to specify just ONE setting to properly specify the game.

How to create a trade binder
Creating a trade binder is just like creating a deck! Just follow these steps:
1) Click on the Collection tab
2) Click "Add Binder" for a new binder or select an existing binder by clicking on the desired binder under the "Binder" heading on the left side under "Decks and Binders"
3) Type a Binder name, select a picture, and mark it active if you wish to make it the active binder
4) Drag cards into the binder window on the lower right or right-click and select "Add to Open Trade Binder"*

* - When a deck is open instead of a binder, there is an option to "Add to Active Trade Binder" instead.

How to mark a trade binder as active
The cards in your active binder are what other people will see when they try to trade with you. You can change the active binder in three ways:
1A) Click on the Trade tab
1B) Change the "Active Trade Binder" (lower left) to the binder you wish to use
OR
2A) Click on the Collection tab
2B) Click on "Binders" along the left side under "Deck & Binders" to show the binder list
2C) Right-click on the desired binder and choose "Options"
2D) Click "Make Active"
OR
3) A binder can be marked as active when it is first created (see above)

How to detach chat into separate windows
1) Click on the tab for the chat and drag it into open space

How to dock chat windows into the main client window
1) Click on the chat tab and drag it to the dock button corresponding to the side you want to dock it to

How to view exiled/revealed cards and shields
These are normally hidden in the new client. To view these zones, do the following:
1) Drag the white dotted divider on the right side to the left
2) Click on the category you want to view

How to determine what the target(s) of a spell/ability are
1) Mouse over the spell/ability. The target(s) will have red triangle on each side of the card.

How to stream your experience with xsplit
In order for xsplit to capture the new client windows, you need to go into your xsplit settings and check "Capture layered windows".

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Reserved #2

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
I've filled out most of what I think are the big changes in post #2. If anyone thinks I've missed anything (especially closed-beta people), please let me know. Also, if you have any trouble finding something or figuring out how to do something, please ask below and I or another beta tester will try to help you.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Bubba I have trolled you in the past so it is only fair that I applaud your efforts here. You have done a fantastic job to build a foundation on which the community can constructively comment on the BETA client. Big thumbs up from a previous nay-sayer.

Fittingly my 100th post :D
Looking forward to Hex TCG MMO
Got my thanks, too. Great work!

Now all we need is the client download, come on it's already Monday! ;)
With great power comes great responsibility. - Stan Lee Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Bertrand Russell MTGO Agent - The place to buy and sell your Magic Online cards
Thanks for the great job!  Really, really looking forward to the new client.  I just don't know what I'm going to do when the sneak peak is over, and I have to travel back in time to the old client...
It's been Monday here for 19 hours - any sign of the download?
With great power comes great responsibility. - Stan Lee Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. - Bertrand Russell MTGO Agent - The place to buy and sell your Magic Online cards
Hello, I'd like to make some suggestions that would save alot of time (and occasionally frustration) for your users. Keep in mind that all of my suggestions are OPTIONAL and it's up to the user whether they want to use these features or not.

1: When card effects are listed in the box before being put onto the stack, there should be a button or hotkey that makes it put the rest of the effects on the stack in a random order. F7 is nice, but it doesn't work when you have a bunch of different effects going off at once. It's very tedious to repeatedly click cards like that before they're put onto the stack; especially when you don't even care what order they go in.
A good example of what I'm getting at is when you're playing a white weenie lifegain deck and you have Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Ajani's Pridemate, & Suture Priests' abilities popping off every time a creature hits the battlefield.

2: Effects that make you put a number of cards on the top/bottom of your library should also have a button/hotkey that places them randomly, so that if I don't care about the order, I don't have to repeatedly click each card.
Some good examples of this would be Cream of the Crop whenever you cast a powerful creature. Teferi's Puzzle Box, & Abundance

3: Effect's like Cabal Therapy that make you choose one card out of all the cards in MTG should have a search bar that pops up in the same window. As you type in the search bar, it selects the card that is most relevant to what you typed. For example: typing "Par" should remove every other card from the list except for cards that begin with the letters you typed; like "Pariah".
Preferably the search would update itself in real time as you typed each letter, kind of like the Gatherer's search function, although I wouldn't mind if I had to type out what I wanted before manually hitting the "search" button, as the time saved would still be mind blowing.

4. Add an "Attack with all creatures" command. The easiest way I can see this being done is to have a right click menu on each target that is attackable (planeswalker/players) and have one of the options be to send all of your creatures to that one target.

5. Add a command which automatically selects all legal targets for you whenever you use a spell/ability that can select multiple targets.
Genesis Wave is a good example.

6. When paying for X cost spells or abilities, there should be a right click menu on the mana symbols that lets you select different increments depending on how much mana you want to put into the X spell, such as 5, 10, 15, 25, and "all mana".
Stuff.

You're still not in the right place. Please read the first post.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Ok stupid question. Where is V4 hiding it's start icon? It just crashed and needed restarting and I can't find it. Other than the setup file in my download folder.
thanks

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

Ok stupid question. Where is V4 hiding it's start icon? It just crashed and needed restarting and I can't find it. Other than the setup file in my download folder.
thanks

Should be in the Wizards of the Coast program group, like v3 (but it doesn't have its own folder).

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Oops. Missed the word "index" in the title.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
When magic online going to sync dci account with players?
Feels a little clunky so far for lack of a better word.  It seems like there are lots of annoying windows that get opened (chat windows when opening a game, updates when buddies log on etc.) And the structure of menus, tabs, sub tabs, sub sub tabs to do things like create and join games is overly complicated to navigate.  Overall, seems like a step backwards in some ways in terms of game play.  As a for instance, equipment attached to creatures don't seem to have a clear way of actually indicating which creature is equipped- the card just sort of hangs out on the battlefield.  The idea of stacking and numbering lands with the same name make sense to me, the idea of stacking and numbering creatures with the same name less so, though I can see the application in token decks churning out dozens of saprolings, soldiers, etc.  I like the arrow next to the OK button with different options for skipping parts of your turn (though the usual function keys have either changed or I didn't find them).  I'll play more later to get a more refined opinion, but it really seems like more of a parallel move than a step forward if anything.  
Feels a little clunky so far for lack of a better word.  It seems like there are lots of annoying windows that get opened (chat windows when opening a game, updates when buddies log on etc.) And the structure of menus, tabs, sub tabs, sub sub tabs to do things like create and join games is overly complicated to navigate.  Overall, seems like a step backwards in some ways in terms of game play.  As a for instance, equipment attached to creatures don't seem to have a clear way of actually indicating which creature is equipped- the card just sort of hangs out on the battlefield.  The idea of stacking and numbering lands with the same name make sense to me, the idea of stacking and numbering creatures with the same name less so, though I can see the application in token decks churning out dozens of saprolings, soldiers, etc.  I like the arrow next to the OK button with different options for skipping parts of your turn (though the usual function keys have either changed or I didn't find them).  I'll play more later to get a more refined opinion, but it really seems like more of a parallel move than a step forward if anything.  

Please use the individual feedback threads for your feedback.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Still can't figure out how to load my decks from the previous version. Read how to do it up above, but can't find them when I hit browse. Looked for them in the wizards of the coast deck file, but can only find the generic decks that come preloaded.
Still can't figure out how to load my decks from the previous version. Read how to do it up above, but can't find them when I hit browse. Looked for them in the wizards of the coast deck file, but can only find the generic decks that come preloaded.

Have you saved them somewhere else? Go back to the old client and see where you've saved them.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
hello everyone. I correctly installed the new client on my notebook, but I'm not able to install it on another computer. When I try to launch the setup, it seems as if the download window crashes. After few seconds pops up an internet explorer window (white blank!!!). I have downloaded the setup file with chrome. I hadn't the Beta installed on my computer so don't know what to do about it

Have you saved them somewhere else? Go back to the old client and see where you've saved them.

Thanks bubba, got em

it's still very poor, that there is no version for Mac.
I'm completly unable to install - Windows 7 x64- Errors below:

Working Set: 365,064,192 bytes
CLR Version: 4.0.30319.17626
Current Theme: (will be included with report)
Assemblies Loaded:
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/MTGO.exe  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/MTGO.exe  1.2.10.0  1.2.10.0
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/MTGO.exe  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking.DLL  2012.1.430.40  2012.1.0430.40
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/Telerik.Windows.Controls.DLL  2012.1.430.40  2012.1.0430.40
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.DLL  2012.1.430.40  2012.1.0430.40
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/SharedResources.DLL  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/Telerik.Windows.Data.DLL  2012.1.430.40  2012.1.0430.40
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/MTGO.exe  3.4.67.227  
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/WotC.MtGO.Client.Model.Data.DLL  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227

file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/Card.DLL  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/ThemeResources.DLL  3.4.67.227  3.4.67.227
file:///C:/Users/Diablo/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0N9O5CRY.8Z5/2AHVXADB.D9O/mtgo..tion_1ad988e60282d0d8_0003.0004_5023dcee77378c1a/MTGO.exe  2.0.0.0  
file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemCore.dll  4.0.0.0  4.0.30319.17626

Hi, Will there be support for Linux? Thanks.
it's still very poor, that there is no version for Mac.

+1
would be nice if the deck analysis also included an estimated goldfish value
perhaps may bave been answered- i know the collections from existing users have been brought into the beta.  but when looking for my existing decks, i can not find them.  am i going to have to build all my decks again, or is there a way to import them from regular version to beta?
Hi, Will there be support for Linux? Thanks.

This is a question that I am also interested in.  I don't demand a native Linux binary, but can we get a dev to speak to if Wine has been a tested environment for the new MTGO client?

Just a reminder that if anyone has feedback, please make sure you post it in the appropriate thread. Here’s the list bubba0077 created (also shown at the top of the post):

Home, Help, Settings and Miscellany (including login and install)
Finding or Starting a Game/Event
Game Play (Duels & Multiplayer)
Tournaments (Standings, Draft)
Collection, Deckbuilding and Viewing Cards
Store
Trading
Chatting, Clans and Buddies
Bugs

Thank you!

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Here's my first impression feedback for the new UI after playing a  handful of games with a friend.

Did you not see the post directly before yours from Sean? Please use the appropriate threads for feedback.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Here's my first impression feedback for the new UI after playing a  handful of games with a friend.

Did you not see the post directly before yours from Sean? Please use the appropriate threads for feedback.

D'oh!  I did follow the links in the first post, but after creating my account I went back to the wrong thread.
With the exception of the massive lag in the Collection tab, I am getting very quickly used to the new interface and like it. I love the font on the cards making them look more real, and gameplay is smooth during duels and drafts etc. I wonder where I can find information on today's update?
With the exception of the massive lag in the Collection tab, I am getting very quickly used to the new interface and like it. I love the font on the cards making them look more real, and gameplay is smooth during duels and drafts etc. I wonder where I can find information on today's update?

Downtime announcements are made on the Magic Online Blog.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
He/She probably meant the update to the Sneak preview version. It was updated today to version 228. Do we have any info what was added/fixed/changed?
I'm a he, and you are absolutely right. I was wondering what the new update entails. For example, do we get lists in additional to card images in the collection tab.

I have one big wish (maybe this is an option I am not aware of, that's why I am mentioning it):

I'd love to see, when right-clicking any given card, in which formats the card is legal. That would be helpful when browsing cards in the collection. Not a biggie, perhaps. 
OH. I have no idea, but I don't expect anything but minor bug updates during the sneak peek.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show

I agree with and ran into almost all these problems talked about in the postings mentioned, you guys just saved me alot of typing... Thank You!!!

Another problem I noticed, when you set the chat log to the right side of the game, the popup that warns you about various actions pops up right ontop of the textbox I use to type and when this happens I cant enter text or it interupts the text I've entered and will not allow me to hit enter to submit what I have typed unless I highlight or click into the text box again. I had multiple popups infront of this and it took a good minute to finally reply to my opponents questions. I had to F6 the turn just so nothing would pop up and I could submit my text.  Could be easily fixed by turning off the alerts, but some people might want it. So I propose a relocation for that popup and for that popup not to take priority of the window when typing.

The option to use all the mana floating into an X spell would greatly be appreciated. Being able to right click a mana color and select an option of the amount of mana or all would defanitely save alot of time and complaining on the opponents half lol.

The option to concede during sideboard.... I miss this. Not sure if its located somewhere that I can't find it, but I looked all over the screen and could not locate it.

Not a fan of reseting the chat log where I like it every single game.

I agree with and ran into almost all these problems talked about in the postings mentioned, you guys just saved me alot of typing... Thank You!!!

Another problem I noticed, when you set the chat log to the right side of the game, the popup that warns you about various actions pops up right ontop of the textbox I use to type and when this happens I cant enter text or it interupts the text I've entered and will not allow me to hit enter to submit what I have typed unless I highlight or click into the text box again. I had multiple popups infront of this and it took a good minute to finally reply to my opponents questions. I had to F6 the turn just so nothing would pop up and I could submit my text.  Could be easily fixed by turning off the alerts, but some people might want it. So I propose a relocation for that popup and for that popup not to take priority of the window when typing.

The option to concede during sideboard.... I miss this. Not sure if its located somewhere that I can't find it, but I looked all over the screen and could not locate it.

Not a fan of reseting the chat log where I like it every single game.

The toasters stealing focus ( pop ups that notify you) is a known issue and will be fixed we hope.
Im not 100% on this one  but while in sideboard, cant you just click the X in the upper corner  closing the window and it will ask if you want to drop or concede ?

It would be nice if the game remembered where you sit up chat window, I dont know if this is a feature that can be added, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

How in blazes do you order blockers in this new client?  I tried clicking on the cards, I tried dragging the cards, I tried the drop down menu under the "Okay" button...seriously, this is ridiculous.  Whatever its other benefits, this new client isn't intuitive at all.
How in blazes do you order blockers in this new client?  I tried clicking on the cards, I tried dragging the cards, I tried the drop down menu under the "Okay" button...seriously, this is ridiculous.  Whatever its other benefits, this new client isn't intuitive at all.

According to the announcement, you just need to click the blocker and drag it left or right to change it's order.

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
if writing.code easy == 1
    I wouldn't be writing this lol
endif

Wow, this is going to take a min.  I am filing an event compensation request.  Your client froze repeatedly for me.  It wouldn't run at all when in a game unless I had the task manager running.  There are a few minor improvements but overall I hate the new client.

Things I hate the most about this new client, in descending order:

1:  I had to relog after the system froze.  By the time I realized the program was stuck, I had enough time to relog and add random cards to a deck and play.  I had 4 seconds left.  Event 4116154

2: The pop-up spam that tells me I joined a game, a friend logged on, etc.  Most of it is trivial (I understand the game started with my priority and most people's friends are bots to trade with).

3: Card art is dramatically smaller.  There isn't a simple way to make the cards the same size as irl while drafting.  I usually don't look at my picks while looking at packs.  It would be nice to see the card art in full.  While playing in a game it looked miniscule.  If I could use more vulgar descriptives I would!!!!!!

4: Abilities on the stack are hard to interperate.  I like the arrows that point to which permanent etc is making the effect.  I couldn't even see the cards large enough to tell to soulbond to a sick creature or not.

5:  Trading is a pain.  It took me a while to realize the filter option was the only way to get tix off a bot.  I have had issues with backwards compatibility as well.  My vexing devils disappeared from my collection on the old client after simply loading the new one...

6:  What happened to replays?????  That is half the reason I play online.  I like fnm at my local store, but seeing what the winners play makes me a better drafter.  BRING IT BACK

I am through with the dislikes.  Some of your new features are great!!!!!  Again, in desc order:

1: I liked the drafter's que, to see who is sitting next to you.  That is cool.  I liked that you can select a card as an option b4 picking it.  The whole format was nice.  I could care less about building a deck while drafting.  I need only a min or two usually (not 25 seconds!).

2:  I like that the rares show first in the pack.  It makes it less like a natural pack but I look at the rares first irl anyways.

3:  I did like that the trade binder can't have cards used in decks in it.  That is nice too.

4:  I like the way the game is formatted.  It is nice to have a box to look to that tells you what is happening.  It is much cleaner this way.  The turn structure is nice, but it should turn another color for the op turn.  Not being spammed by "this card got exiled" and prevention shields is nice.  The area that takes up is in play field however.  You could make it all collapse into one menu bar.

Well, that is all for now.  Thanks for nothing.  This experience made me frustrated.  It took the joy out of what is usually a pleasant time, win or lose.  Totally not worth the time, energy or packs.  I hope you had as much fun reading all this as I did writing it.

thanks for nothing,
systemic
Jesse Williams