Announcement - July 10, 2012 - The End of the Multiplayer Room

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
community.wizards.com/magiconline/blog/2...

The big announcement this week is that the multiplayer room will no longer allow players to start games. Instead they will be sent to one of the other casual rooms to make the match. I personally like the change. Should hopefully help players find more casual Commander games or more competitive ones.
I don't get the logic. MP has always been a haven for a different crowd. It makes no sense to stop something that is working. It would be a lot better if they just allowed MP games in the other rooms and allowed the regulars their own place. Game clients should be about empowering people, letting them decide how they want to use it. Why bother having any rooms at all then? You can't force someone to not play a tourney deck in the new player room, or a new player in the anything goes room or is that next? Is there going to be a Magic IQ test to enter each? I just don't understand the logic.

EDIT: No, my evaluation of this move is awful.  Based on the response of folk who are steeped in multiplayer tradition, I'm wrong.

I hope this works out!  Still not happy about one day's notice. 

Thank you, Erik.

Second, this change is necessary for future development. Moving forward, one of Magic Online's goals is to reduce the number of locations a player has to go to take an action, whether it be managing their collection or finding a match. We have seen evidence of the benefits of consolidation in the Limited Queues room with all of the different queues in one location, and this is just the next step in that process.

If I wanted a multiplayer game, I'd go to the multiplayer room.  Now I may have to check multiple rooms?  Dividing up the multiplayer community is good how?  Does WotC really consider that multiplayer players are the sames as duel players? 

And as I said elsewhere thanks for the one day notice.  Did you think that maybe you could have warned folks?

On the surface this is an awful, awful decision.

Yeah so it seems. The only way this could work is if the multiplayer room was kept as it is and the functionality spread to the other rooms as well so people have more options but the vets (anyone who has played multiplayer at all) wont be confused as to where to find their friends/multiplayer compatriots (without having to buddy every darned person they know online. The buddy list is barely adequate as it is without having to clog it up with people whom you only really want to play with in one setting.)

Winter.Wolf

I get a button.  Wooohooo!  I always hated how I had to miss tidbits jumping between rooms. Perhaps MPs will finally get some newblood!  I'm not saying it was the ideal solution but...well you know better than to try and figuire out HQ logistics.
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!
Really guys I can't believe I'm the positive light on this.  It could be a good thing!  It should be real easy as newbies will have "planeswalker" multiplayer,  Just for fun will have the old Multiroom and anything goes should stay dead as usual except now we can run multiplayer PRE's in it with less chance on nongame descript reading newbie inteference.

-sorry for the DP bubba but the thread just exploded right after I jumped aboard ;)

**It would have been nice to put a header in the multiplayer room for a few weeks alot of peeps will be lost for a bit**
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!
All in the same chat area sounds great, but can we find a better name than "Just For Fun"? Seriously how about No Strings Attached?  

Edit profile would mean email change for sure

**It would have been nice to put a header in the multiplayer room for a few weeks alot of peeps will be lost for a bit**

While players will need to adjust some, they will not get lost since navigating to the Multiplayer room will supply the players with messaging and require them to select one of the other rooms.  

I'm also positive about this... If I were to play casual games, and saw a multiplayer game, I'd probably consider joining it (especially after I build my commander decks online)... whereas I've never bothered clicking on the Multiplayer room in my 5 or so years online (since it would take me away from  whichever room I'm most interested in).

Hopefully, the increased exposure to MP games, will increase participation in these... and perhaps lead to increased "feedback" of any issues these games have, which may mean they get fixed sooner.

Here's hoping! 
A good step in the right direction.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
Not really. Now 1v1 Commander games are listed next to MP Commander games. Ugh.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

You do know they fairly recently invented such a gem as sorting?
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.

Doesn't help much when both duel and mp Commander games are displayed as Constructed Commander/Single Game.

The current setup seems likely to smother any type of multiplayer game that is much slower to start than a Standard/Classic duel since most people are not going to be sorting by game type.

Clever.
Except that the game are constantly moving about the list, unless you sort them by game number, which is extremely inconvenient as then the games aren't listed near each other and I have to spend an obnoxious amount of time trying to adjust the column dividers so I can actually see the full description.
But hey, thanks for your highly informed sarcasm.

Guess what? Chicken butt.

Clever.
Except that the game are constantly moving about the list, unless you sort them by game number, which is extremely inconvenient as then the games aren't listed near each other and I have to spend an obnoxious amount of time trying to adjust the column dividers so I can actually see the full description.

I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto.
You can sort to have "waiting for players" at the top of the list, as well.

The big problem I see is that generally we had long waits for players in 2HG... 2 to 10 minutes is not uncommon. In many of the "main rooms", a waiting multiplayer game with open seats will have scrolled off the "front page" in that time. And restarting a multiplayer to get it back to the "top of the list" will often lose a player in that process.

Also, the (less than!) one day lead time reminds me so much of when they "fixed" Extended with a smartass article, and 2 weeks notice, before PTQ season (which was Extended) for PT Amsterdam. Grrr.

And all I wanted was a Pepsi.

Other than that, it's a good thing.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

It's been a long time since I added a quote to my sig, but this is going there right now.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
The complaints are rolling in in the just for fun room. This was clearly a bad move. The old way was more intuitive, at least with the current app. I've sent a complaint to support even though i doubt it will do any good...

I am going to wait to pass judgement on this, but I will say this will just flame the "what is a casual aka just for fun deck" debate for multiplayer.  With no real solidified multiplayer tourney decks I fear many people will be whining that a deck is not casual and this will drive to more quitting.  If that is the case this move will be bad for the game. 

As an aside, I still think WOTC needs to show a players "quit %" and let players start tables with an option to only allow players with a quit % less than X to join.  Then those who do not mind quitters can not set the option and those who want non-quitters can weed them out.
As a person who spends alot of time playing MTGO multiplayer, I would like to express my thoughts as pro/con.

PRO:

- Introduces new players to multiplayer format.

- You can now make multiplayer formats with reduced time limits.

CON:

- Games take forever to fill because they are pushed down the list so far.

- Players leave the game lobby because it takes too long to fill.

- No "new players" filter for multiplayer.

- No "new players" have a multiplayer deck, and tend to quit or complain because of multiplayer control decks. (ex: multiple Day of Judgments)

- Team decks were already a problem for random players, and now facing unprepared players it will even moreso ruin their experience and deter them from future multiplayer games.

- You cannot double filter, there is no "format and start time", meaning you have to manually find a game waiting for players that is 2-headed giant.

- Multiplayer was sub divided by Commander, Planechase, Standard 2HG, and Classic 2HG for the most part, and alot of players stuck to what they wanted. Now they are all a big mess within the endless 1v1 games.

- No direction is given to prior "multiplayers", we liked our room and community.

So I have analyzed 2 pro to 8 cons. I feel this was a bad way to restructure multiplayer, as it just makes it harder to find and play. I don't think there was any problem with the multiplayer channel, other than Wizards never promoted it with an incentive to try it out. New players would come and try it out, stay or leave, and that was that.
Might help if the different Play Structure options had their own TAB on the games listing. So if you are looking for Multiplayer 2hg you can click the table and JUST see those games that are multiplayer 2hg games, or if you want to play Commander (not 1v1) you could click the Commander Multiplayer Tab and exclude all games not designated as commander multiplayer.

And then below those tabs you could have the usual view drop down filter that we're familiar with to sort between active, waiting, buddies games, etc.

Winter.Wolf

Might help if the different Play Structure options had their own TAB on the games listing. So if you are looking for Multiplayer 2hg you can click the table and JUST see those games that are multiplayer 2hg games, or if you want to play Commander (not 1v1) you could click the Commander Multiplayer Tab and exclude all games not designated as commander multiplayer.

And then below those tabs you could have the usual view drop down filter that we're familiar with to sort between active, waiting, buddies games, etc.

I think this is the best idea I have heard. Instead of windows 95 list filtering, put in a drop down box for game types and only display those games.

However, I think the mtgo programmers died in 1972 and nobody knows how to edit the UI anymore. I'm hoping the beta they are owkring on covers alot of issues with clunkiness.
WotC... why don't you think things through before implementing?  I'm fine if you want to get rid of the multiplayer room, but for heavens sake allow us to filter the view if we only want to see multiplayer games at least.  C'mon, this is just dumb.  You made a mistake with this change... The game list moves so fast its hard to find a damn multiplayer game scattered amongst all the single player ones.

i hate it, i hate it, i hate it!!!   
This has been one giant screw up.

I logged on to play while i work, as usual. Only to find total disarray. The client is lagging, bad (its reporting memory leaks everywhere - and im running a music studio PC). The just for fun room, where most the the Multi's have gone, as just devolved into a rage between the Duelists hating their room being invaded, and the multi's hating their room being taken away.

Games are bugged beyond belief, people are openly joining and quitting out of games (due to misclicking and joining the wrong game). The filters dont differentiate between Multi and Duels. The ORCS's are overwhelmed and people are getting banned and muted sometimes for just asking what's going on (because its hard to tell who's inflaming the issue and who's just arrived)

Game ques that took 2-10 minutes are now not being fired at all, because people ''cant'' find games to join.

People are feeling ''forced'' into playing game types they dont want to. I play Commander. Having ORC's and other Duelists pm me telling me to close my game because its been waiting to long to start and ''play a different game type'' is not what i want.

The whole multi community, while segregated by friend groups and the casual/competitive arguments, was rather self governing, communal and organised. We were given no warning, no help or direction is being truly offered, and as word gets round a lot of us are just leaving for as long as it takes for this to be fixed (i have to now monitor the program and email over 20 people when its sorted -.-)

New players are joining games with experienced players, which is runing the fun for both parties. Experienced players dont want to go into ''anything goes'' where they are forced to play blocked players who arent interested in fun games, nor do they want to play those who stop/start constantly from not knowing/understanding the rules. Its also turned a lot of people off from multiplayer, as now Multi's are considered enemies of the Duelists (social problem caused by segregating and forcing a tight-knit community into others areas of hospice)

Im resigning from Magic until this is fixed. And i know i wont be the only person to complain, either. Stupid, horrendous, BAD move. You've lost far more respect and profit than you have gained.
Post start: 5:25am, GMT

5:28 AM : its will pretty much kill multiplayer
5:28 AM : because its so hard to find multiplayer matches in here

5:28 AM : everyone will ultimately just end up joining one difficulty and null the idea

5:30 AM: I also sent Wizards a complain email
5:30 AM : Thank you

5:31 AM : its just so stupid

5:31 AM : I wonder if i can get a refund for my Planechase purchase now its effectively useless because i cant play the game

5:31 AM : everytime i click the game support link i get a bad url

5:32 AM : planechase doesnt work. i only got my deck yesterday

5:32 AM : can't start a game
5:32 AM : too much scrolling
5:32 AM : so hard to get 4 to join

5:32 AM : oh flavor text is missing

5:33 AM legendarylegend: requesting old multi room players lost in the just for fun room, come check out anything goes to get our room back

5:35 AM Fractional: now why couldnt they just let you set the difficulty in the game setup instead of separating us like colored folk? O_o;;

-------------

That was all that i could catch from the overwhelming amount of complaints in the Just For Fun room in only 10 minutes. 10 Minutes i would of liked to be playing the game, but cant, because my UI is messed up whenever i join a game, and several of my card are bugged at times. This is a total mess. And these quotes just show im not the only one thinking it -.-

I’ve removed content from this thread because of a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

Remember, a community is a joint effort of all those involved, and while we want intellegent meaningful and productive banter to ensue we also need it to be polite and considerate of others. Believe us when we say it is possible.

Thank you for your time and support as we continue to try and make a great community for everyone.

I’ve removed content from this thread because of a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

Remember, a community is a joint effort of all those involved, and while we want intellegent meaningful and productive banter to ensue we also need it to be polite and considerate of others. Believe us when we say it is possible.

Thank you for your time and support as we continue to try and make a great community for everyone.

Specifically, posting of MTGO user names is prohibited.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert

It's been a long time since I added a quote to my sig, but this is going there right now.

Immortality is mine.
community.wizards.com/magiconline/blog/2...

The big announcement this week is that the multiplayer room will no longer allow players to start games. Instead they will be sent to one of the other casual rooms to make the match. I personally like the change. Should hopefully help players find more casual Commander games or more competitive ones.

I have noticed many players agree with me about this decision being a bad idea. While we appreciate the creativity and the idea of making the client better, we do not agree with this change.

Please follow this link to sign the official petition to have an advanced filter added or another change to allow us to hide games we do not have any interest in joining. 
community.wizards.com/funnygroup/go/thre... 
I have noticed many players agree with me about this decision being a bad idea. While we appreciate the creativity and the idea of making the client better, we do not agree with this change.

Please follow this link to sign the official petition to have an advanced filter added or another change to allow us to hide games we do not have any interest in joining. 
community.wizards.com/funnygroup/go/thre... 

I believe a lot of this is "kneee jerk" reactions. As I told you in that thread:

As a multi-player player, I can see where everyone is coming from. I really can. Sux, donnit?

As a beta taster, I can see where everyone is heading to. Trust me. It'll be worth it.

When my kids were little it was always "I don't want to go!" when we went somewhere, and "I don't want to go home!" when it was time to come home. 

Shut up and get in the car.

EDIT: To be clear, I think the room change is a good thing, but the timing and method of the announcement is pure ineptitude.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Clever.

I've been playing in the new merged room for two nights now and I have no trouble whatsoever finding my games (classic 2hg). I simply sort by "status" and see which are 2hg. You can also sort multiple columns: it's a kind of hidden feature that your previously selected column becomes the second sort criteria when you select a new column to sort by (try it). So my sarcasm, in some ways, was more informed than you think. Possibly even highly as you say.

HOWEVER, now that someone clarified that "next to" should actually have read "exactly the same as" I agree that I was not fully informed. But please don't blame me for someone else's lack of clarity though. Credit where credit is due.

While this is workable, it is far from ideal, I agree wholeheartedly, especially now there are games that look the exact same even though they aren't.
Free Speech
After thinking on this some more, I propose a change to the interface like we have in the event rooms, with a split in two:
* at the top, games waiting to start;
* at the bottom, all games that are in progress or finished.
* both halves independently sortable.

In general most ppl are ONLY interested in waiting games, only a few want to watch so why show these together?
Free Speech
After thinking on this some more, I propose a change to the interface like we have in the event rooms, with a split in two:
* at the top, games waiting to start;
* at the bottom, all games that are in progress or finished.
* both halves independently sortable.

In general most ppl are ONLY interested in waiting games, only a few want to watch so why show these together?

Chances are high that there will not be a UI edit to the current client, its been the same "format" forever.
Casual Games + Multiplayer issue = doubtful anything remotely resembling an adequate fix will happen in v3's groinkicking lifetime.  Muhhahahaa!

We should bumrush the tourney practice room and pretend like sanctioned multiplayer is just around the corner :P
We should bumrush the tourney practice room and pretend like sanctioned multiplayer is just around the corner :P

I'm in.  Sounds like a hilariously good time.  EDH/Commander, or do you want to go 2HG?
Mountain bikes are for slow people, and geckos are far better pets than cats & dogs! :D Officially licensed user of the term "GrammarChaos" (Thanks Tempesteye!) MPDC Season 3 Champion
Isn't the primary reason why the MultiPlayer room was eliminated at this time so that the V4 New Magic Online could have a sneak peek next week? It is based on finding all games in the same place, isn't it?
Isn't the primary reason why the MultiPlayer room was eliminated at this time so that the V4 New Magic Online could have a sneak peek next week? It is based on finding all games in the same place, isn't it?

Well, v4 still has different open play options but yes, I'm sure it was removed now because v4 doesn't have a separate MP room.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Well I have to eat crow folks. It HAS become much harder to get games started now. I've just tried fruitlessly to get a table filled. It is total chaos. Maybe I better check out Diablo 3 again...
Free Speech

I'm in.  Sounds like a hilariously good time.  EDH/Commander, or do you want to go 2HG?

Legacy or Classic is my style normally 2hg but I suppose I should build a new Commander deck sooner or later my first attempt at the format reminded me alot of cutthroat.

Creton-i-tip→ to all wanting 2hg sort by "structure".  For 1vs1 I've had the best results using "starting time". 

Also as has been mentioned by Nushae the order in which you click the tabs affects sort priority filtering.  It has been a hidden feature for quite awhile.  I can't remember when I discoverd it but it has probably been there the whole time.  Glad we have such a fine feature documentation tutorial guide with this wonderful gem of painful salvation called v3.  On with the hupla and dancing thrulls!
Ok I figured out what the annoyance is. There are LOTS of ppl joining and immediately leaving the table again. My theory is that they just jump in without looking properly, expecting a 1v1 game. it makes it very hard to fill a table because the real multiplayer ppl assume that there must be a problem with the table starter, or they just get restless too and think "this will never fill"...
Free Speech

Legacy or Classic is my style normally 2hg but I suppose I should build a new Commander deck sooner or later my first attempt at the format reminded me alot of cutthroat.

EDH can be very weird that way.  Sometimes it's 100% cutthroat, other times, I'll attack someone and a third party will defend them, presumably in an effort to win the good will of the defended party, and some people will play "help everyone" cards for similar reasons.

Anyhow, if classic 2HG is your preferred format, that's fine - just let me know what sort of deck will team well with what you want to play, and I'll do my best to bring that to the table, though my collection leans more toward singletons than full playsets, so I might not be able to build the absolute best version of it.  Regardless of deck quality, though, it would seem that if we're going to play in TP, team decks would be the way to go.  
Mountain bikes are for slow people, and geckos are far better pets than cats & dogs! :D Officially licensed user of the term "GrammarChaos" (Thanks Tempesteye!) MPDC Season 3 Champion