Your New Community Coordinator

565 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hi everybody, I'm Sean - the new Community Coordinator for Duels of the Planeswalkers and Magic Online.

That means it's my job to be your messenger on a daily basis. I'm here to listen and record the forum feedback, requests, praise, complaints and prophecies you post, and then make sure all of those are heard by the other Wizards of the Coast. I'm still new but if there's one thing I've learned during my first week in the office, it's that the people who develop and support MTG honestly want to hear what the community thinks, so I look forward to passing on the good, bad, and the ugly of what goes on here.

From here on I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, plus I'll be the one to announce upcoming events or game updates and new releases. Another one of my responsibilities is to play a LOT of Magic, so when I'm not in the forums there's a good chance I'll be in-game. Feel free to message me if you ever want to go head to head (My Steam name is Wizards_Sean).

I want to get to know you all as a community. To start off, what's everybody's favorite deck to play in Duels 2013? What was your last match like? What cards have surprised you, and which ones did you swap out as quickly as possible? In return I'll start with a few fun facts about myself:

I started playing paper Magic: The Gathering when I was about 9, though for a while you might say my friends and I used a lot of "house rules" (Read: we had no idea what we were doing).

My favorite Duels 2013 deck is definitely Crosswinds. Nothing is more satisfying than casting Rite of Replication with the kicker cost... just don't forget which creatures are Legendary (My poor Talrand, Sky Summoner found out the hard way).

It took me about 20 matches to beat Karn in Duels 2012 with Machinations (I'm very stubborn). Nicol Bolas went down after only three matches in Duels 2013 but he's one of my favorites to replay.

Also open for discussion: your expectations for me. What would you like to see from me as your new Community Coordinator? What's been missing that you'd like to see happen, and what's the Wizards community team done in the past that you'd like to see more of?

EDIT:

To avoid repeated questions and feature/fix requests in this thread, here are links to some things I’ve responded to:

Is Wizards working on bug fixes?  

How does Wizards feel about the way Planechase was implemented?  

Duels assignment of damage when blocking vs. paper Magic.

Serra Ascendants in 2HG: FirstSecondThird. UPDATE: Details on upcoming Serra Ascendant change given HERE.

Passing on request for a “Random” deck option.

Request for a random deck leaderboard.

Request for the ability to save different deck versions.

Request for the ability to adjust the land in your deck.

Request to be able to join a 2HG as a “grouped” pair.

Request for 2D backgrounds for menu screens.

Request for Commander format.

Plasma screen owners reporting problems with screen burn, especially with attack ring and avatar circles.

Difficulty defeating Goblin Gangland with blue decks.

Sublime Angel's Exalted-grating ability isn't fully explained in card text.

Reports where a player is unable to stop the timer in order to play spells & abilities.

Request for an optional free-floating mouse cursor on Xbox 360 and PS3 to avoid having to scroll through selectable cards.

Forwarded information about the R2 button not working correctly when displaying friend rankings on PS3.

When is the expansion coming out? (In short, later this Summer for all platforms. See this article.)

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Welcome just like to say hi and good luck with your job,

First thing id like to ask is do wizards know all the promo codes have been leaked all over the net? XD and what was there reaction if so
Bug fixes? Will we get some and when?
A big welcome Sean! This is great news indeed. I am very happy to see a proper link between us and Wizards. 

I have millions of questions, I won't bombard you with them all at once. Most of what people are thinking is splattered all over the forum for you to see anyhow.

I'll start off with something I asked years ago and never got an answer to.

In full Magic, when an attacking creature is blocked by multiple creatures, you put them in order to receive damage right away and then all players get the chance to use instants/abilities before moving to the combat damage step. But in DoTP, you don't choose the order of the blockers until right before combat damage, and no one gets the chance to respond before moving right on to damage.

1. Are Wizards aware of this difference?

2. Was it intended?

3. If so, for what reason? If not, will it be corrected? 

Many thanks and good luck with your new position! If I can be of any help you can always message me. Please check out the bugs thread (link in my signature), especially the initial post where I have catalogued the reports. Also the technical issues thread, there have been an astounding amount of problems.
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
Welcome, Sean! Glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Also, welcome to a fellow Crosswinds lover. Great to see other people enjoying the most interesting deck 2013 has to offer (Ancient Wilds comes as a close second). Time Warp (and the various available combo cards such as Archaeomancer, Call to Mind, Twincast, Panoptic Mirror) has been the most fun card this game has to offer, followed shortly by Panoptic Mirror. Crosswind's power to combine many cards into blatantly evil shenanigans is why I love the deck so much (4 turns in a row? Yes please).

If you're free later, I wouldn't mind a 1v1 or two on steam. I'll throw out a friend invite when I get the chance.
Welcome to the community! 

I'd like to say that I really appreciate the fact that Wizards did not have a repeat performance for Ember Shot

There are some pretty severe connection issues in this game.  Literally 50% invites to and from a specific game lobby setup result in either a failure to connect entirely (no error message, just nothing happens) or the match will start and then everyone is back at the main menu with an error message that says the game is full or no longer available.  This happens with Dotp 2013 far more than it ever did with 2012 in my experience.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

There are some pretty severe connection issues in this game.  Literally 50% invites to and from a specific game lobby setup result in either a failure to connect entirely (no error message, just nothing happens) or the match will start and then everyone is back at the main menu with an error message that says the game is full or no longer available.  This happens with Dotp 2013 far more than it ever did with 2012 in my experience.

All connection Issues Ive had have resulted from trying to join a game right after leaving the editor. Ive tested this with 2 friends several times and if you leave the deck editor and host, your fine. But if you leave the editor then try to join any game it wont let you in. Always have to reboot the game after leaving the editor to join another. Doesnt matter which one of us hosts. Results are the same.
I cannot recall if that was the case or not but I will make sure to test this the next time I have an opportunity.

In any case, hopefully that's an issue that is addressed. 
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Hello and welcome Sean!

Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Damn the system and its hypocrites! You quit your quest and venture into the slums of the Gruul Clans!
Take THE QUEST FOR RAVNICA today!

Welcome and thanks for the future support
Hi Sean.

Good to see someone from Wizards here at last. I would advise you to open another account at Steam forums to check people there also.  
Welcome Sean. Good to see another Crosswinds fan.

A couple things, please go through the bug list and forward all the confimed bugs to whomever needs to know about them so they can be fixed. Having no fixes for the last game was an appalling move that did not inspire confidence in the future of this franchise.

Secondly, how do you guys feel about how Planechase was implemented? My friends and I do not like how long it takes to play at all, which is a shame because we loved archenemy and I thought we would enjoy another alternate game of Magic.  If you could, what, if anything, would you change about it?
Question: Now that everybody unlocked all foil promotional cards, will we see new cards for existing decks in the first expansion? Moving forward from that, will we see more expansions or deck packs in the future?

While second question may be confidential information for now, at least inform us about the first one please.
Was  also wondering  when all the major bugs will be fixed,  if ever.   As there are far more bugs in this version then there was in the 2012  game.

Welcome!

If we can ask questions, the official PSN Blogcast said the expansion is out on Tuesday. Is this true? Will us gamers on the other platforms get it then as well?
Welcome Sean. A couple other people asked the questions I wanted to, so I won't repeat those.

For your questions, I like Obedient Dead and Born of Flame the most. Chandra's 2013 deck is everything I wanted and more. I love being able to make it into a burn control deck. With Chandra's 2012 deck, I couldn't do that, due to the lack of good unlockable cards (and the lower amount of unlockables). I like Obedient Dead, but I don't like how some of my favorite cards from Grave Whispers were removed (the full set of Liliana's Specter and Moan of the Unhallowed). I do love the addition of the shades though.

The most shocking cards for me to find throughout this game have been Demonic Tutor, 2 Natural Orders, 2 Vengevine, and Ajani's deck having a full set of Serra Ascendant. I never would have expected to see this stuff in a DotP game.

Now for a couple of my questions for you. We already know the decks for the expansion (Izzet, Golgari, Selesnya, Azorius, and Rakdos). Do you know the release date for this expansion? Also, do you have any further information about future dlc content that goes beyond this, decks, release dates, anything? I'd like to know if we can expect decks for the other 5 Ravnica guilds, especially Orzhov, since we already have a W/B deck. 

Although, having looked at the 5 upcoming expansion decks, 2 things disappoint me. First, there were no new cards from Return to Ravnica. (why not? I thought DotP 2013 was about making tie ins to the paper magic game and releases.) Second, the deck don't use any of the mechanics that those guilds were known for (convoke, Madness, Dredge, Replicate, Forecast). Even though I didn't care for all of those mechanics, it would have been nice to see some of them.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Thanks for the responses and the welcome, everyone. To start off...

Bug fixes? Will we get some and when?

We’ve been passing along all of the bugs in the bug report thread that robvalue has been keeping. We are currently working on fixes, but unfortunately I can’t provide timing at the moment. As soon as I have more information I’ll let you all know.

By the way, I want to give a big thanks to robvalue for maintaining such a well organized bug reporting thread (which you can find here).

Welcome, Sean! Glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Also, welcome to a fellow Crosswinds lover. Great to see other people enjoying the most interesting deck 2013 has to offer (Ancient Wilds comes as a close second). Time Warp (and the various available combo cards such as Archaeomancer, Call to Mind, Twincast, Panoptic Mirror) has been the most fun card this game has to offer, followed shortly by Panoptic Mirror. Crosswind's power to combine many cards into blatantly evil shenanigans is why I love the deck so much (4 turns in a row? Yes please).

If you're free later, I wouldn't mind a 1v1 or two on steam. I'll throw out a friend invite when I get the chance.

You're on! I've played a number of Crosswinds vs. Crosswinds and it always gets interesting, especially once that 9th land gets played

Sean Gibbons

Welcome Sean... you guys have been doing a great job on the toucharcade forums.  
Welcome Sean. I am a big fan of burn, myself but love to play all of the themes and colors.
As I'm sure many will mention, please refer to the Bugs list and Technical issues.
If these can be addressed then I believe 90 percent of the forum users will be happy... the other 10% will be complaining about one OP deck/card or another.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Welcome Sean. thanks for your support.
I hope that the Archenemy comes back one day.
Welcome to the warzone sean hope you brought a flak jacket to help sheild you from the nerd rage that can happen here from time to time.

As for fave deck that would be yeva no nerafrox no urm im not sure yet as all 10 decks are so well balanced and contain alot of fun cards.

P.S i imagine youll talking to Rob_Value alot as this amazing man is on a mission to fix this game and i think 90% of the community respect/admire his resolve at doing this.
I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
P.S i imagine youll talking to Rob_Value alot as this amazing man is on a mission to fix this game and i think 9-% of the community respect/admire his resolve at doing this.

Hear hear!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

P.S i imagine youll talking to Rob_Value alot as this amazing man is on a mission to fix this game and i think 9-% of the community respect/admire his resolve at doing this.

Hear hear!

Ohnoes you qutoed my typo before i could edit it now my derp is forever recoreded in net history.

I am Black/Green
I am Black/Green
I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best
Welcome Sean,

It's great to have you have. At least now we are 100% that there are lurkers around :D

My question is besides the laddering experience and the decks tuning out.

Does Wizards have any intention to tune the ladder so the ELO goes up and down according to players ELO and your opponent ELO. At least on IPAD there is currently no penalty for losses so it's all about playing more than the others.

My second question is about the Deck's winning %. Does Wizards keep track of that across the ladder and do they plan to tune it according to the strenght of the decks? 
What's up with the deck unlocks for the PSN? 
Welcome Sean. Good to see another Crosswinds fan.

A couple things, please go through the bug list and forward all the confimed bugs to whomever needs to know about them so they can be fixed. Having no fixes for the last game was an appalling move that did not inspire confidence in the future of this franchise.

Secondly, how do you guys feel about how Planechase was implemented? My friends and I do not like how long it takes to play at all, which is a shame because we loved archenemy and I thought we would enjoy another alternate game of Magic.  If you could, what, if anything, would you change about it?

Overall we're happy with the way Planechase was implemented in Duels 2013. I think multiplayer games in general will always take longer than 1 on 1 matches (this is somewhat alleviated in Two-Headed Giant since teammates can cast spells simultaneously) but this is something that's difficult to overcome in any format. Even in paper MTG the more players you add, the longer the game will take, but the social aspect of having a big group of people playing together makes it worth the investment.

Welcome!

If we can ask questions, the official PSN Blogcast said the expansion is out on Tuesday. Is this true? Will us gamers on the other platforms get it then as well?

I can say for sure that there isn't expansion coming out Tuesday. Out of Curiosity though, which Blogcast in particular did they mention it in?

Welcome Sean. thanks for your support.
I hope that the Archenemy comes back one day.

You and me both. I'm a big fan of Archenemy.

In response to a few different people - I know you're really excited about the potential for future expansions, but unfortunately I can't talk about any specifics for future releases yet. Sorry!

Sean Gibbons

Welcome Sean, Crosswinds is my fave also.

Two questions:
1) In 2HG both versions Ranked & Player. People are always jumping in & out of lobbies trying to find they're partner so that they may play together in the same team. This causes a lot of in & out, jumping from room to room traffic, lobbies closing out, people being kicked out, etc. Will you guys add a "party travel" function where myself & a online buddy can search rooms as a group? This would greatly remedy the current situation.

2) It's been asked by Hydra, but I will ask again in a different way.
We now have all the promo unlocks which is great. However, I have noticed one trend Wizards/Stainless has stuck with in both past duels. I hope this "trfixed has been dropped with this years amazing Duels 2013 - the best in the series hands down.

The Trend
In Duels 09' & 2012' When new decks came out they were unbalanced and dramatically more powerful than the prior existing decks. How will Wizards/Stainless remedy this situation? Will every new expansion also provide the prior decks with a new set of cards to maintain they're competitive balance? Or will we suffer a la Duels 09' Sorin & Duels 2012 Beknighted? (as everybody plays with the same powerful decks)

Can you guarantee that your precious crosswinds will still be relevant & competent after expansion 1 or 2?

Thanks for taking the time read this and once again, welcome to the forums.
Please fix Serra Ascendent in 2HG.
Please fix the general bugginess of 2HG in general. (Games failing to load, can't invite friends to lobby, etc)
Please add new options for camera views for the gameboard in 2HG.  It's currently zoomed out pretty far as well as very dark and can be hard to read cards.
Please fix the numerous freezing issues the game has. (When counters are added to creatures, when foil cards are played, etc)

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forums...and may God have mercy on your soul!

One question:

Is there a random deck option planned for the expansion or somewhere in the near future? And by "random" I mean both you and your opponent, as I know I can randomize myself by just looking away and spinning the wheel.  

Random deck seems like a no-brainer, would greatly increase the life of the game for many players, and I can't imagine would be too difficult to implement.

With so many great deck available in 2013, I want to play (and play against) them all. 

Welcome Sean,

I think the number one thing many people have wanted that stay on these forums is a bit better communication with Wizards/Stainless, and you've probably provided more in one day then the past few months combined.

As for the game, I love it already and would jump on the expansions if they were out now! My favorite deck is Peacekeepers, but they are all great, which is a nice change with the default decks.

I think that the Serra Ascendant issue needs to be addressed too, but at least there's no more double decking anymore . And on the subject of 2HG, would it be possible for a 2HG + Planechase? Archenemy + Planechase ?

But congrats on the position (if you wanted it I suppose), and hopefully we don't wear you out too soon.

All connection Issues Ive had have resulted from trying to join a game right after leaving the editor. Ive tested this with 2 friends several times and if you leave the deck editor and host, your fine. But if you leave the editor then try to join any game it wont let you in. Always have to reboot the game after leaving the editor to join another. Doesnt matter which one of us hosts. Results are the same.

If you encounter the problem with joining after leaving Deck Manager, go into the campaign and back out.  fixes it 100% of the time for my circle of friends.
I've got a request for something to pass on. Could deck creation eventually be added to the DotP franchise some time in the future? I know it would take a lot of work due to the fact that it'd be like adding a whole new game in (separate game mode for custom decks to avoid balance issues with the core decks, AI able to use your decks for offline play, a whole new section for the [or a completely separate] deck manager, etc); but I can safely say that 99% of the DotP playerbase would absolutely love this addition to the game.

Welcome!

I can say for sure that there isn't expansion coming out Tuesday. Out of Curiosity though, which Blogcast in particular did they mention it in?

Thank you for answering my question, it was the blogcast episode of last friday apparently (I heard it from another guy)
 I would like to second a request for a random (Deck) ranked ladder. The biggest problem these games run into IMO is that after everyone figures out which deck is best, that's all you ever see online.
I've got a request for something to pass on. Could deck creation eventually be added to the DotP franchise some time in the future? I know it would take a lot of work due to the fact that it'd be like adding a whole new game in (separate game mode for custom decks to avoid balance issues with the core decks, AI able to use your decks for offline play, a whole new section for the [or a completely separate] deck manager, etc); but I can safely say that 99% of the DotP playerbase would absolutely love this addition to the game.

I said that to Wizards directly and added "hundreds of thousands of people would pay more than what they are currently paying for DotP for this feature and hundreds of thousands of others would flock to it as well. It's guaranteed millions of dollars in sales in addition to what DotP currently makes."

Their response:

"Magic: The Gathering Online has all the features you're looking for".

Chandra, Liliana and Exalted are my current deck cycle.

I'll echo the bug fix request as well.

I don't care as much about creating my own decks from scratch, I understand the MtG:O competition there.  I DO however, request the ability to adjust land totals.  For example, Exalted Darkness.  If I don't want to run the Wilds and Cathedral, I only get 21 lands.  It never adjusts it up to make up for the 6 lands I just took out.  I don't want to run 21, but I also don't want to run those other lands.  I don't want 25 or 26 in Obediant Dead, or 24 in Gobbo Grenadefest.

A random deck leaderboard, would also be a-maze-ing, as would Leaderboard changes such as perhaps ordering the scores by the month.  This prevents the current situation we have with our current Xbox "#1" and likely forever be #1, even though he admits to not playing ranked once other people start playing well.  Continue to have the 3 scoring (All time, month, week) but instead make the leader boards default to Monthly, and you have to cycle through the rest the way you have to cycle to see week and month now.  Maybe they'd actually mean something then.

Someday, a spectator mode would be nutz.  I would pay twice as much to be able to join and watch other people's games, obviously you can't see each of the players hands, but just the board position.  Barring that, a save game feature so you can replay after the fact and watch games.

Just some pie in the sky wishing.

I said that to Wizards directly and added "hundreds of thousands of people would pay more than what they are currently paying for DotP for this feature and hundreds of thousands of others would flock to it as well. It's guaranteed millions of dollars in sales in addition to what DotP currently makes."

Their response:

I understand where they're coming from in the fact that they want DotP to be a very controlled environment, but the drastic amount of profit they could make in doing this can't be overlooked. They could even sell it as an expansion for the DotP they implement it into for like $5 or $10 and most everyone would buy it. Actual Magic players who don't care for DotP due to its limitations would join the playerbase of DotP just because deck creation was available. Also, MTG:O does NOT have the feature I'm looking for. I want deck creation within the limitations of DotP. I want to theory craft with a set number of available cards to create goofy decks, super powerful decks, one-trick pony decks, and more powerful versions of the core decks. I don't want to sift through every card ever made then proceed to spend ludicrous amounts of cash to purchase the cards I want (assuming I can even find them for sale) just to make a single deck. I know damn well I am not alone in this.

Their response:

I understand where they're coming from in the fact that they want DotP to be a very controlled environment, but the drastic amount of profit they could make in doing this can't be overlooked. They could even sell it as an expansion for the DotP they implement it into for like $5 or $10 and most everyone would buy it. Actual Magic players who don't care for DotP due to its limitations would join the playerbase of DotP just because deck creation was available. Also, MTG:O does NOT have the feature I'm looking for. I want deck creation within the limitations of DotP. I don't want to sift through every card ever made then proceed to spend ludicrous amounts of cash to purchase the cards I want (assuming I can even find them for sale) just to make a single deck. I know damn well I am not alone in this.

I understand that you understand.

I (and others) have asked Wizards Corporate directly and their response team is programmed with that response: Magic Online gives you full deck customization.

Sean can ask them, and I'll even go so far as to say he will ask them. But it's not going to happen.

Sorry.
Welcome, Sean!

It's hard to know which deck I think I prefer after some play.

1 - Exalted Army
2 - Celestial Light (formely the last in my opinion, but I managed to create a great deck that is really fun to play.)
3 - Born of Flame

I (and others) have asked Wizards Corporate directly and their response team is programmed with that response: Magic Online gives you full deck customization.

Sean can ask them, and I'll even go so far as to say he will ask them. But it's not going to happen.

Sorry.

A man can dream. Which is why I'm so active in the Dream Deck thread.

Sorry.

A man can dream. Which is why I'm so active in the Dream Deck thread.

If you like though, you can do what I did:

Go here: company.wizards.com/contactus

And hit every e-mail address and phone number on the site.
Not that I don't have faith in Sean or anything, but sometimes you yourself can present your argument better than a representative. That's what I did in an effort to discover why Duels' 12's Deck packs were delayed on PSN without any kind of explanation. I ddin't actually get an explanation, but I did talk to several different people at Wizards Corporate and determined beyond reasonable doubt that nobody at Wizards knew why the deck packs were delayed.

So, I got results at least, if not the results I was looking for.
Sign In to post comments