Dungeon Command Card/Rule Question

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Umber Hulk in the Dungeon Command game has the following action

" (tap) As a standard action, choose one enemy within 5 squares and slide that enemy 3 squares, them make a melee attach that deals (sword) damage"

Does this mean that the confused creature is making the melee attack or that the umber hulk is making the melee attack?

Also if anyone else has any other question on dungeon command you can post them here.
It's the Umber Hulk's melee attack.  
Chris Dupuis Tabletop Games Designer Dungeons & Dragons Twitter: gameguruchris
In the play test, an untapped creature could respond to a melee attack with a basic melee attack, i've checked the rules and that looks to be removed. Can an untapped creature only respond if they have an order card to respond and in that case why should one untap at the cleanup phase
Does this mean that the Umber Hulk makes an attack against the slid creature? Or against any adjacent creature? Does the slid creature need to end in a space adjacent to the Hulk?
In the play test, an untapped creature could respond to a melee attack with a basic melee attack, i've checked the rules and that looks to be removed. Can an untapped creature only respond if they have an order card to respond and in that case why should one untap at the cleanup phase

An creature can only respond off-turn if you have an immediate card and they are untapped.

As a secondary (more costly) option you always have the option to cower.

You untap all your creatures in your cleanup phase to make sure they can use standard actions during your turn. 
Does this mean that the Umber Hulk makes an attack against the slid creature? Or against any adjacent creature? Does the slid creature need to end in a space adjacent to the Hulk?

You slide a creature 5 spaces.

The Umber Hulk makes a melee attack.

The attack can be against any adjacent creature- including but not limited to the slid creature.

The slid creature does not need to end in a space adjacent to the Umber Hulk. 
I am also hit with the Umber Hulk Confusion Gaze.
What confuses me is why the Umber Hulk can target a creature within 5 but can only slide it 3.
Is that correct or a typo?

And I'm sorry to ask yet another Umber Hulk question.
Viva La "what ever version of D&D you are playing right now!"
Don't worry about it! There are no typos on the Umber Hulk's card.

Instead of making a normal Melee attack, the Umber Hulk can tap to slide any figure he can see within 5 squares of him up to 3 squares.

He can then make a melee attack that deals his standard 30 damage. He can target the slid creature if the creature is adjacent, or he can target another creature. 

The slid creature could have been moved out of an advantagous position, into a hazardous terrain square (free 10 damage!), or into an area that will be more accessible to the rest of the Umber Hulks warband. He does not always have to hit the creature he confused.  
I'm a little confused by this ruling. To me it would make sense that using a confusion gaze would allow you to control the target and make it attack something. I also feel like that would be a much more interesting game mechanic. Just curious why the gaze is ruled that way. 
I assumed it meant the confused creature made the attack as well, but was unsure so I came here to see if there was a ruling on that.  And if it is the confused target that attacks, does it tap?
I assumed it meant the confused creature made the attack as well, but was unsure so I came here to see if there was a ruling on that.  And if it is the confused target that attacks, does it tap?

It is not the confused target that attacks; it is the Umber Hulk.
Sign In to post comments