07/10/2012 Serious Fun: "The Three Kings"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Was the absence of Preeminent Captain from Odric an over-sight, or do you feel there aren't enough soldiers in the deck tosupport him?
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
While the other two options from Magic 2013 are direct, sincere, and obvious in what they want, Yeva is a bit more suggestive.

Interesting choice of words, there.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
"This Friday" is the 13th, not the 20th, so which is it?

~ Tim 
I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
"Each of the new Magic 2013 Intro Packs brings a premium foil version of a legendary creature. "

Adam, there's no premium foil. Wizards has made cuts. Again. 
"Each of the new Magic 2013 Intro Packs brings a premium foil version of a legendary creature. "

Do the Intro Packs really not have foils at the front anymore?!

~ Tim     

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
they always do it was probably a trick!

Do the Intro Packs really not have foils at the front anymore?!

~ Tim     

Yeah, I want to know if this is true or not.  I really wanted a foil Krenko.
Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Constant Fear That Something's Always Near; Fear Of The Dark, Fear Of The Dark, I Have A Phobia That Someone's Always There- Iron Maiden Fear of the Dark shall be feared no longer! Let him be praised instead! (Many, many thanks for all your hard work!) - darkwarlock I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.
Check out my DnD blog! www.artificersintuition.blogspot.com
No, the legendaries are pretty shiny alright. I might be wrong, but it looks like they are using the From the Vault foiling method now. It certainly seems different.
Was the absence of Preeminent Captain from Odric an over-sight, or do you feel there aren't enough soldiers in the deck tosupport him?

Correct. There are Soldiers, but there's a ton of non-Soldier stuff too. The Soldier Lords are nice together, but I don't foresee tons of extra Soldiers in hand.

"This Friday" is the 13th, not the 20th, so which is it?

~ Tim 

The 20th is the correct date. I have something special planned for everyone's deck lists.

Yes, everyone's. 
Adam Styborski Writer for Serious Fun Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/the_stybs
a.) Nemata guards groves not graves.
b.)  Now I'm going ot have that horrid Panic at the Disco song stuck in my head! Thanks!

But really, I love the Yeva deck and I'll probably be building one of my own. Thank you. Such a great Rattlesnake general. 
Khyber is a dark and dangerous place, full of flame and smoke, where ever stranger things lie dormant.