PSN disconnect issues after 4.20 firmware (Chime In Please)

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I had been thinking it was my isp. I can hardly finish a game before disconnection. Today one of my NetAdmins said he was sending loads through my connection while I was running some errands and nothing had dropped in 3 hours.
Great.
Turn on my PS3, sign in and am immediately kicked off the playstation network.
That struck me as odd but my memory tells me that I started having these issues after the 4.20 firmware update a few weeks ago.
Goggling seems to confirm that other multiplayer gamers on PSN are having similar issues.
Are you having this problem, please chime in so I may give the feedback to Sony and my ISP.
Thanks for your help all and maybe in the future we can play a whole game together... and to anyone who has played me lately...
I didn't quit.
That is unless you were going to severely overkill me and in that case, you are scum.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Not getting signed out of PSN like that but I do have the usual problems of games saying full or unavailable when they aren't and other various connection problems specific to DotP.
I haven't been able to connect to any Dotp games for about a week now. Just get the "game is full or not available message" over and over. Quick match, custom, host... NOTHING. I've tried getting into 2012 as well, but I haven't seen many players on it, so I can't say for sure that I couldn't get into a 2012 game. Haven't tried any other multiplayer games, this is the only one I play.
I haven't had any problems getting into DotP 2013 games before or after firmware 4.20. On the odd occasion DotP won't find a game but PSN is working fine, I have restarted my ps3 and that has fixed it.

I almost always get the no games available message, but seem to not have too many problems when i host the game myself.

I do randomly get booted before the end of the game about maybe 1/20 games. I had sort of assumed this was my shoddy interweb connection though.
I haven't been able to connect to any Dotp games for about a week now. Just get the "game is full or not available message" over and over. Quick match, custom, host... NOTHING. I've tried getting into 2012 as well, but I haven't seen many players on it, so I can't say for sure that I couldn't get into a 2012 game. Haven't tried any other multiplayer games, this is the only one I play.

Don't use Quick Match, go Custom Match and select a game from the list. It works much better.
Thanks for your feedback guys, I guess I have a unique problem. My PS3 will kick out of the PSN just sitting in the XMB. Started happening after the firmware update. Went in last night and restored default settings created a brand new connection to my router and everything... No help.
Weird thing. I came home from work yesterday and was posting on the forums and surfing for a couple of hours with no issues, fired up my PS3 (before I did the restore) and the second I signed into PSN it knocked everything, PC included offline.
This sucks. I can rarely get a game in and can't play any 2HG with the 50-odd friends I have because it would just be rude of me knowing I might not finish the game.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster