What's a good type of pen to write on the old retail power cards?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm putting a group together that's largely never played 4E (or any D&D for the most part) before.  I'm starting them with the old blue box starter set and Keep on the Shadowfell, and restricting them (for the time being) to PHB1 for character creation, basically starting them at the start of the Edition.  I got a bunch of the old retail power cards (practically all of them) super cheap a while back from a comic shop that closed down and I'd like to give each of my players the box that goes with their class as a player aid, but they'll need something to create custom cards with for their racial/paragon powers, and I haven't really found a marker/pen that writes well on these things.  
It can be permanent because I've got a few hundred black cards, but I'm open to any suggestion.   

I realize that the character creator can generate them, but I'm trying to keep them away from that until we're farther into the campaign and they really have a handle on their first characters and what makes a good one, since I've had newbs totally ruin their characters before by being overwhelmed with options that don't all work together.   
Thanks.  
These are my absolute favropite affordable pens. I have found they work on just about everything (except glass).
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Put them in card sleeves and then use dry erase markers on them.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
I think any fisher space pens would work well
I scanned one each of the blank ones, then laid then out 3x3 for printing.
I prefer Pilot Gels (clicker style).

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

Put them in card sleeves and then use dry erase markers on them.

This, or grease pencils.

Post-its?

Cry Havoc!  And let slip the hogs of war!

This thread has been moved by VCL request.

If you have any questions, please contact:
Customer Service