Question about Fallowed Footsteps

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm not a big Blue user so I am not very familiar with the card and the wording is a little vague.
If I enchant an opponents card using Fallowed Footsteps will I receive a copy token or will he?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

You receive the copy because you control the enchantment.  
Nice... think I'll keep it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

A very excellent card. I cast a kicked Rite of Replication  onto a Primalcrux, then proceded to enchant his card with Followed Footsteps. Needless to say, I won Wink

A very excellent card. I cast a kicked Rite of Replication  onto a Primalcrux, then proceded to enchant his card with Followed Footsteps. Needless to say, I won win. Wink

Fixed for you.
And no one will know you forgot to remove the autocard.
Followed Footsteps: 1/3rd of the combo that will destroy the universe.

Opallessence, then Followed Footsteps on Doubling Season.  You begin generating exponentially exponential numbers of token.  By something like your fourth upkeep you generate so many tokens that it's more than many scientists estimate for the total number of particles in the observable universe.  In an effort to represent your combo every molecule in the universe coalesces into a singularity on your desktop, destroying everything.

This is probably how the big bang started.

1st Upkeep: 1x2 tokens (2)
2nd Upkeep: 1x2x2x2 tokens (8)
3rd Upkeep: 1x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 tokens (1,024)
4th Upkeep: Game over, man, game over!!! 

One of my favourite Magic facts, that combo. 

Opallessence, then Followed Footsteps on Doubling Season.  You begin generating exponentially exponential numbers of token.  By something like your fourth upkeep you generate so many tokens that it's more than many scientists estimate for the total number of particles in the observable universe.  In an effort to represent your combo every molecule in the universe coalesces into a singularity on your desktop, destroying everything.

Then rather than attack.........

You imprint Time Warp on Panoptic Mirror and say:
Untap - Upkeep - Draw - Go.
Upkeep - Draw - Go.
Upkeep - Draw - Go.
Upkeep - Draw - Go......

Immutable laws of nature can be found curled up in the shower crying...

Why not just kick a RoR on Doubling Season, then kick it again.  Destroy the universe in one turn!

Why not just kick a RoR on Doubling Season, then kick it again.  Destroy the universe in one turn!

Rite of Replication  can only target creatures.  Doubling Season  is an enchantment.
That's what Opalescence was for
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Why not just kick a RoR on Doubling Season, then kick it again.  Destroy the universe in one turn!

If you're going to spend 18 mana, Imprint Rite of Replication and Time Stretch on Panoptic Mirror.

Upkeep - Panoptic Time stretch - Go.
Upkeep - Panoptic RoR with Kicker - Go.
Upkeep - Panoptic Time stretch - Go.
Upkeep - Panoptic RoR with Kicker - Go....

Why stop at the universe when there's an entire Multiverse out there just waiting to be counters on your Magic table.
That's what Opalescence was for

Ah, I missed that part.  My mistake.