The Evolition of my Konda Deck

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

The EDH Decks - White Artifact Ramp, Avacyn, Angel of Hope Blue Time Stretch, Azami, Lady of Scrolls Black Repeatable Recursion, Balthor the Defiled Red Goblin Gimmicks, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Green Super Ramp, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

You really should include Swiftfoot Boots and Hall of the Bandit Lord.  Boots is especially nice since it makes Avacyn (and by extension, your entire board) VERY difficult to deal with.  You also need some more card draw.  Mind's Eye, Illuminated Folio, Staff of Nin, and maybe Mentor of the Meek are some of your better options.

In decks like this, I really like to include a bunch of cards that can recur each other.  I'll paste something from a guide I wrote that should give you some ideas.

RECURSION ENGINE

What mono white lacks in card draw, it can often make up for with its recursion engine. The idea is to play defense, wipe the board when needed, and over time your dead things will start to become more and more difficult to keep off the board. Here's how the engine fits together. The first card is what is doing the recurring, and the following cards are what it recurs.

Reya Dawnbringer/Artisan of Kozilek/Karmic Guide - each other, Sun Titan, Reveillark, Salvage Scout, Sanctum Gargoyle, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Sun Titan - Angelic Renewal, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Eye of Ugin, Crucible of Worlds, Mimic Vat, Sword of Light and Shadow, Petrified Field, Buried Ruin, Haunted Fengraf, Salvage Scout, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Order of Whiteclay - Salvage Scout, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Crucible of Worlds - Petrified Field, Buried Ruin, Haunted Fengraf, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Eye of Ugin

Petrified Field - Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Eye of Ugin, Buried Ruin, Haunted Fengraf

Buried Ruin/Salvage Scout/Sanctum Gargoyle/Razor Hippogriff/Argivian Archaeologist - Crucible of Worlds, Mimic Vat, Sword of Light and Shadow, Sanctum Gargoyle

Eye of Ugin - Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Mimic Vat - Sun Titan, Reveillark, Karmic Guide, Salvage Scout, Sanctum Gargoyle, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Sword of Light and Shadow - Sun Titan, Reveillark, Karmic Guide, Reya Dawnbringer, Artisan of Kozilek, Salvage Scout, Sanctum Gargoyle, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Emeria, the Sky Ruin/Haunted Fengraf/Angelic Renewal - Sun Titan, Reveillark, Karmic Guide, Reya Dawnbringer, Salvage Scout, Sanctum Gargoyle, Razor Hippogriff, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Reveillark - Karmic Guide, Salvage Scout, Sanctum Gargoyle, Order of Whiteclay, Argivian Archaeologist

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth/Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre - EVERYTHING...eventually...but more importantly they protect the rest of the engine from graveyard hate.

If it helps, you can draw a web and connect all of these visually. It's pretty impressive. Artisan of Kozilek can be shuffled back in by the other eldrazi and recurred with Eye of Ugin, and if you want more recursion, Pulsemage Advocate is strong in some environments.

Here is a list of all of the pieces for convenience:

Petrified Field
Buried Ruin
Haunted Fengraf
Eye of Ugin
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Salvage Scout
Angelic Renewal
Crucible of Worlds
Mimic Vat
Sword of Light and Shadow
Pulsemage Advocate
Argivian Archaeologist
Order of Whiteclay
Sanctum Gargoyle
Razor Hippogrif
Karmic Guide
Reveillark
Sun Titan
Artisan of Kozilek
Reya Dawnbringer
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Also, consider an Eye of Ugin and some colorless creatures.  It's a great way to win the late-game, and Kozilek, Butcher of Truth and the Eye itself give you good card advantage.  Wurmcoil Engine's pretty nuts with the recursion engine I gave you. 

...And where's your Steelshaper's Gift

Hey, thanks for the response.  I definitely agree that swiftfoot boots and hall belong in the deck.  I had many of the cards that you listed in my deck originally, but I have opted to remove as many cards as possible for accelerators while picking up a few good removals, equipment, draw and enchantments along the way.  The reason I removed a lot of the creatures is because I found that all I ever do with my mana is cast my general, I might as well just get him out faster and more reliably with artifact acceleration acceleration.
And once you start removing a few creatures it seems like they all end up going, it is a slippery slope...  For this same reason I really need to get rid of a few cards in the deck still

Darksteel Plate - Swiftfoot Boots
Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendent - Kor Cartographer
Umezawa's Jitte - Dreamstone Hedron
Angelic Destiny - Steelshaper's Gift
Karoo - Hall of the Bandit Lord
Elspeth, Knight-Errant - Staff of Nin
Sword of Feast and Famine - Sanctum Gargoyle

The EDH Decks - White Artifact Ramp, Avacyn, Angel of Hope Blue Time Stretch, Azami, Lady of Scrolls Black Repeatable Recursion, Balthor the Defiled Red Goblin Gimmicks, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker Green Super Ramp, Azusa, Lost but Seeking

Yeah, I agree with all of those changes.  If you want to run a bare-bones recursion engine, which I highly recommend, at least run Sun Titan, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Buried Ruin, Haunted Fengraf, Crucible of Worlds, and Petrified Field.  This will protect your manabase, allow you to recur all of your creatures, lands, and artifacts, and all of your cheap enchantments, and barely changes your deck since most of it is lands anyway.
Sign In to post comments