There goes the leaderboards

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Logged on earlier to see where I am in the world and noitced something peculiar and not its not that Richard_Garfiled with a believeable score of high 2000 is in second, but that a player by the name of Longnight65 has decided to hack this game and give themself a 100% unbeliveable score of 65523 thats 65 thousand, not even a top level pro like LSV has a score of 65 thousand in real life, I find it sad that people are that desperate that they will hack a game just so they can sleep at night, sad individuals.
Garfield is a Jace Only playing arse

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Never hold leaderboard scores up as an objective measure of player skill. They can be manipulated easily by those who simply want to be top ranked. If you really want to determine who is the best, hold tournaments.
Never hold leaderboard scores up as an objective measure of player skill. They can be manipulated easily by those who simply want to be top ranked. If you really want to determine who is the best, hold tournaments.

Speaking of which, when are we going to start organizing those here? I know there was at least one PS3 tournament last year.
Close your eyes. Fly away. In the land where dreams, all are true. IMAGE(http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/distilledpoizn/StupidJefferson.jpg)
I've played against Longnight65, don't remember what decks or the details but I don't remember thinking he was spectacularly good either.

It would be great to have an opporunity to see how top players got to their position. Even if implementing replays is a hard thing to do, at least viewing other players' stats (similiear to status screen) but with duels log would help.
Registered to hide your signarues.

Lol there is no point in that as then we would have the infamous "abuse X glitch" to win, I still remember playing against someone using the glitch of using Gideon Lawkeeper effect on my main phase so the game skipped my main phase, the funny thing was that this was a by a guy who knew of this exploit and purposely kept doing it.

Lol there is no point in that as then we would have the infamous "abuse X glitch" to win, I still remember playing against someone using the glitch of using Gideon Lawkeeper effect on my main phase so the game skipped my main phase, the funny thing was that this was a by a guy who knew of this exploit and purposely kept doing it.

At least in a tournament you can state that the use of certain glitches is banned, and dq anyone using them. Plus, tournaments are fun as well so there's some point in that alone.
Tournaments are fun. Just extremely hard to regulate in virtual world with no spectator option. 

Player A accuses Player B of glitching, Player B denies it.   How do you enforce the rules of a game when you can't witness them being obeyed or broken.  Not trying to start a war here, just saying.  There are a lot of dishonest people out there.

Would you have lots of volunteer referees and play in a 3 player match while the ref just draws and discards?
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

Speaking of which, when are we going to start organizing those here? I know there was at least one PS3 tournament last year.

I wonder if Soritami wants to orginize another one this year or if someone else will step up. I would but I just don't have the time plus I can't post to the forum with my old LG phone while I'm at work.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Tournaments are fun. Just extremely hard to regulate in virtual world with no spectator option. 

Player A accuses Player B of glitching, Player B denies it.   How do you enforce the rules of a game when you can't witness them being obeyed or broken.  Not trying to start a war here, just saying.  There are a lot of dishonest people out there.

Would you have lots of volunteer referees and play in a 3 player match while the ref just draws and discards?

No arguing and finger pointing in the last tourny, although I lost in the first round...
"Without chemicals, he points." Laughing

Show

The tournaments I have been a part of have been small affairs where the objective is to come together and have fun, not necessarily to try to grab wins off of glitching. I'm not sure if he was even referring to a tournament where that sort of thing has happened or not. I've seen glitching on random online ranked games, but that's a whole different animal. All I was getting at was that if you want to find out how good someone is, play them. It's a lot more reliable than looking at numbers on a screen with no way of knowing how they were achieved. And if you see for yourself that someone beat you by glitching, you know he sucks and not to respect him as a player.

The people that come here and care enough about the game to get involved in a tournament tend to have more self respect than that. I don't see it being a problem.

The good thing about tournament is that you could finally have a best of 3 duels match, with sideboarding. 

I'd be happy to make and manage a tournament thread if people wanted me to, across all platforms. If so please let me know! And yes, it'd have to be all done on honesty, otherwise it's a waste of time for everyone. 
I am a Rules advisor. Feel free to send me any questions as a private message! Check if you have found a bug in Duels 2013 Report a bug Report a technical issue I have written several guides to help new DoTP players here, move to the first post to start reading. They are also in Wordpress format here. The principles involved should still be useful for Duels 2013!
Useful links:
Find other DoTP players - a database of friendly players, find a match or post your name here to be added to the list! I'll add a D13 section if anyone would like. Ask a rules question - ask anything about DoTP, Magic in general, or to check out if you've found a bug by asking if the rules are being followed. Community thread for general chatter in the DoTP part of the forum! Guide to Yugioh on Xbox live: A beginner's guide focusing on the similarities and differences to Magic.
I'm in!

Show

1) Love the idea of a tournament, can we start a new thread for the tournaments? I don't want people to get confused seeing these different topics in threads.
2) I've got an email about the leaderboards out to people and will see if there's anything I can find for you guys. 
Michael Robles Community Manager Wizards of the Coast Twitter: @michaelrobles