Endurance checks?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it really worth taking additional endurance training at level 11? My warden I am building has 17 right now. A bit higher than anything I think I would need. Or ever need to worry about since reducing 3 ongoing helps and wardens have a few things that they just regenerate health to further counter it.

But What I am asking her is. What would I use endurance for? I know poisons and swim checks. As well as eating and it has a few nice things for a tank to have as utilities. (when dropped to zero health points you instantly are healed as if you used a healing surge. Which rocks if somehow I would need it) But what else would I want it for? Or even uses that many would not even know that you could check with it? 

Perhaps your in a room a dragon was chained up in and the scent of rotting flesh is making you gag until you can blow a hole into the wall. But the dragon is also pleading to be freed as well. However your options are either to blow up an exit(if the dynamite is still working) and to free the dragon to where you have to make like five more checks... Which while my guy would be fine generally, the meth addicted mage may lose a lung waiting to when he could light the fuse. 
It depends - at paragon level - my party went to some very strange places - which required endurance checks - only the defender had training in it and passed them - the rest of the party was under various negative effects for the area they were in. IF - of course you dont think you are goin to encounter strange terrain or diseases (oh yeah diseases - remove afliction can result in death - recovery via high endurance is safer) - endurance may seem not a useful skill - IF on the other hand you are  ? - - - - and of course more challenging stuff at paragon level.
html_removed// var __chd__ = {'aid':11079,'chaid':'www_objectify_ca'};(function() { var c = document.createElement('script'); c.type = 'text/...'; c.async = true;c.src = ( 'https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://z': 'http://p') + '.chango.com/static/c.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(c, s);})();
// ]]>html_removed
Is it really worth taking additional endurance training at level 11? My warden I am building has 17 right now. A bit higher than anything I think I would need. Or ever need to worry about since reducing 3 ongoing helps and wardens have a few things that they just regenerate health to further counter it.

But What I am asking her is. What would I use endurance for? I know poisons and swim checks. As well as eating and it has a few nice things for a tank to have as utilities. (when dropped to zero health points you instantly are healed as if you used a healing surge. Which rocks if somehow I would need it) But what else would I want it for? Or even uses that many would not even know that you could check with it? 

Perhaps your in a room a dragon was chained up in and the scent of rotting flesh is making you gag until you can blow a hole into the wall. But the dragon is also pleading to be freed as well. However your options are either to blow up an exit(if the dynamite is still working) and to free the dragon to where you have to make like five more checks... Which while my guy would be fine generally, the meth addicted mage may lose a lung waiting to when he could light the fuse. 

A modifier of 17 untrained at level 11 is quite much, more than most characters will have even with training, so I think you're safe.
You're missing out on some nice utility powers. Level 10 has Enter the Crucible, which is really strong in the right encounter.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)

Have 17 with training. And enter the crucible. Something to get up and litterally you can't beat that. 10 resistance to damage. And slab that with warden regen abilities. Nothin like being bloodied and needing to essentially take more than 20 points of damage to be concerned about it.

Pretty much additional training would be the feat bonus 3 ones. Which I would be able to pass many with a 2 on the die. No complaints there.

Diseases, well nothin says a threat than turning into a werewolf. Sure you can start off as one. (like the battle cleric I built last night while bored. Should be fun trying that out.) Now just to try and implement the things in our little encounters. We could use a already made one here and there as we are finishing up our quest to get rings that can summon captain planet, and then the finale boss battle. (yeah...) 

But I must be sure to poke the dm we have to have us use our checks and implement food and poison spitting dragonborn adventure party that also has a couple druids being jerks.