Yeva, Nature's Herald and Dryad Arbor

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have Yeva, Nature's Herald on the battlefield and Dryad Arbor in my hand.

At what times can I play the Dryad Arbor?
any time you can play a land
Dryad Arbor can never be cast, so having Flash doesn't matter

/edit: Yeva doesn't even give flash
Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir is laughing over here
proud member of the 2011 community team
actually it lets you play green creatures as if they had flash

I'd think it would countĀ for thatĀ  could be wrong of course
actually it lets you play green creatures as if they had flash

teferi is laughing some more
I have Yeva, Nature's Herald on the battlefield and Dryad Arbor in my hand.

At what times can I play the Dryad Arbor?

Any time you have priority and the stack is empty during a main phase of your turn, but only if you haven't yet played a land that turn.
115.2a Playing a land is a special action. To play a land, a player puts that land onto the battlefield from the zone it was in (usually that player's hand). A player can take this action any time he or she has priority and the stack is empty during a main phase of his or her turn, but only if he or she hasn't yet played a land that turn. See rule 305, "Lands."

Yeva's ability doesn't matter.
305.9. If an object is both a land and another card type, it can be played only as a land. It can't be cast as a spell.

If Yeva didn't exclude lands, that would be a different matter.
702.8. Flash

702.8a Flash is a static ability that functions in any zone from which you could play the card it's on. "Flash" means "You may play this card any time you could cast an instant."

701.11b To play a card means to play that card as a land or to cast that card as a spell, whichever is appropriate.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.
Yeah, it would need to say "You may play green Creature Cards as though they had Flash." to include the only Land Creature in existence.
[c]Forest[/c] gives you Forest
Yeah, it would need to say "You may play green Creature Cards as though they had Flash." to include the only Land Creature in existence.

that still wouldn't change when you can play Dryad Arbor
That hypothetical wording would allow Dryad Arbor to ignore the "only during your main phase" and "only if the stack is empty", but it would still need to follow the "only during your turn and only if you have a land drop available".
interesting, Flash does indeed apply to non-spells
I never thought it did