Leaderboards bug?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
So what's up with the leaderboards.  I'm seeing Gotiki with a score of 65523 and b4lt4zar with 65520 on the single player.  X-raytec has 65523 on the two player.  How are these scores even possible?  Have these guys discovered some kind of exploit that hasn't been fixed yet, or is it just bugged?

(Using IOS version btw)
This just goes to show that the leaderboards don't mean s**t
This happened on the leaderboards with Steam in 2012 as well.    I'm not sure if it is botting, direct hacking of the leaderboards or what but the top scores in almost all the formats are impossibly high.   Sometimes not as absurd as the ones in the above pic but still not possible through normal means.    Don't sweat the leaderboards too much, they are not a reliable source of information.  
Also, the iPad boards aren't meant to be taken too seriously, since there is absolutely no penalty for losing. Win, get a couple of points. Lose, lose nothing but your time. 
The 2 player ELO goes down as well as up, and seemingly in a balanced way (i.e. you lose as much when you lose as you gain when you win).

SP ELO seems to go up and up - not sure what a SP ranking would ever mean anyway so I just ignore that.
This is how you advance in the single player leaderboard:

Play, and win, every single Campaign match (excluding Encounters) on every single difficulty with every single deck.  Do the same with each Revenge and Planechase campaign match.  This will increase your overall score.  I noticed this in Dotp 2012 when I was playtesting different deck builds against the computer and ended up placing very highly.

In the end, does it matter?  Maybe it'll prevent the world from coming to an end.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Well, actually those guys did hack the Gamcenter. And that's kinda sad.

And it's a shame that ELO does not work well on Gamecenter. I would like to win/lose points based on my ELO and climb it up so i can play guys at the same level. It's not nice to play against 100 card decks. 
On XBLA NastieNate79 is leading the SP board with 65523.
I assumed it was the usual jtags having their fun, so I reported him. 

Well, it is possible he got that far using the tactic I described above.  I, unknowingly at the time, placed somewhere in the teens or maybe as high as 8th place in Dotp 2012.  This has likely changed by now.  I wasn't even aware of it happening until a friend of mine told me.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
You can see my name at number #5. I am quite sure the top 3 are hacks cos whatever I did, I could not go above my current score now.

Well, it is possible he got that far using the tactic I described above.  I, unknowingly at the time, placed somewhere in the teens or maybe as high as 8th place in Dotp 2012.  This has likely changed by now.  I wasn't even aware of it happening until a friend of mine told me.

No it is not.  He definitely cheated/modded.  Everyone else from second down are 2797.  He didn't use your tactic you talked about.  Im sorry, but when did your ranking have anything to do with this topic?
Well, his screenshot is showing the top ten.  I'm pretty sure I was, at one point (although unaware) I placed in the 8th spot on the single player leaderboards using the tactic I described.  That's only 7 spots away from the first place so it seemed conceivable to obtain the #1 spot because I did not play every single deck on every single difficulty against every single campaign deck although I did hit a large percentage while playtesting different builds.

While I'm unlocking cards, I noticed my pointless single player rank rising, which would indicate they kept the same system from Dotp 2012 leading to my conclusion above for Dotp 2013.  I hope I spelled it out better for you this time.

If it's actually not possible, well then....my bad and I will do my best to atone for my grievous error.

Unless this person actually admitted to you that they hacked/modded the leaderboard, game or whatever, then you do not know "he definitely cheated/modded".  There's no way you can know for sure.  Even if he did, the leaderboards are pointless anyways so what does it really matter?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Well, his screenshot is showing the top ten.  I'm pretty sure I was, at one point (although unaware) I placed in the 8th spot on the single player leaderboards using the tactic I described.  That's only 7 spots away from the first place so it seemed conceivable to obtain the #1 spot because I did not play every single deck on every single difficulty against every single campaign deck although I did hit a large percentage while playtesting different builds.

While I'm unlocking cards, I noticed my pointless single player rank rising, which would indicate they kept the same system from Dotp 2012 leading to my conclusion above for Dotp 2013.  I hope I spelled it out better for you this time.

If it's actually not possible, well then....my bad and I will do my best to atone for my grievous error.

Unless this person actually admitted to you that they hacked/modded the leaderboard, game or whatever, then you do not know "he definitely cheated/modded".  There's no way you can know for sure.  Even if he did, the leaderboards are pointless anyways so what does it really matter?

Him: 65523
2-10th: 2797

Do I really have to say it could not be not hacking/modding/cheating?  No, because it is HORRIBLY obvious that it is hacking/modding/cheating lol.  It matters because what else could be modded/hacked?  Not just Magic 2013. This isnt an issue of just Magic 2013.  The issue is where else is he modding/hacking/cheating. Its cool that you are giving benefit of a doubt, but I think it doesnt really apply here lol.
Okay.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!