Dream puppets was a mistake

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maybe there`s a thread about this already, and so I`m sorry if that`s the case.  I did check briefly!

Anyway, I feel like the campaign is basically cheat mode when playing jace.  I know I could easily avoid this, but I feel as though card unlocks should be something you work hard for, and I can`t help but just do a 5-in-a-row match against jace because his card draw business means that I win everytime.  everytime.

I know this may sound stupid, but whenever I play against Jace, I either have a fun match where he is countering me like crazy, and it`s a difficult match, or he just plays his retarded draw an additional card artifacts and i basically win right there. I really think that his deck could have been made less lame, and I find myself getting too lazy at times and just ramping my card list off of his deck.  for this reason, I really enjoyed 2012 much more.

Try playing Dream Puppets with an actual human running the deck; you might come to the same conclusion but for a very different reason.

Single player is just a way to unlock cards. You beating up on Jace is no different than people beating up on Suntail hawks,or me beating up on Pyromancers. You unlock all the cards, you customize your deck how you want it, then you challenge other players.

Guarantee you won't get the same experience out of a human opponent playing Jace. You know, the kind that attacks you on turn 2 with a 5/5 flyer for example...

I don't know what the consensus is on Jace right now, but I actually agree that it's a dubious deck even in multiplayer.  I have stopped playing it because I don't like the card draw aspect of the Mines and Fonts.  This isn't 2012 where a lot of the decks were stuffed with low synergy filler crap.  If you are handing the opponent extra cards, they are likely to draw something better than what you've got.

I love the idea of the Jace deck, I just don't like how it boils down to a good card draw race.  I'm sure others have other opinions. 
If you think Jace is too easy play against someone else. Every deck hs good and bad match ups.

WiNGSPANTT is the 4th best commentator on YouTube and editor in chief of Top Tier Tactics.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think Dream Puppets is a pretty horrible deck.

Of all the ten decks it's the one I've most struggled to win games with, and at the same time the one I'm most likely to beat.  He's good against bad players who load their deck up with everything expensive, but surely he's a terrible deck against people who know how to build a deck. 
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think Dream Puppets is a pretty horrible deck.

Of all the ten decks it's the one I've most struggled to win games with, and at the same time the one I'm most likely to beat.  He's good against bad players who load their deck up with everything expensive, but surely he's a terrible deck against people who know how to build a deck. 

Playing style does matter for a deck like this.  If you really enjoyed the tribal/aggro decks from 2012 then this deck is certainly not for you.  There is no reason to think that this is a bad deck simply because you do not enjoy it, however.  Just as you note that others can streamline their deck, this deck can achieve similar results.  A turn 5-7 victory is entirely possible using this deck.  I'd encourage you to read the Dream Puppet's thread for suggestions on how to properly build this deck.

Playing style does matter for a deck like this.  If you really enjoyed the tribal/aggro decks from 2012 then this deck is certainly not for you.  There is no reason to think that this is a bad deck simply because you do not enjoy it, however.  Just as you note that others can streamline their deck, this deck can achieve similar results.  A turn 5-7 victory is entirely possible using this deck.  I'd encourage you to read the Dream Puppet's thread for suggestions on how to properly build this deck.

Agreed 100%.  There are multiple, and successful, ways to build this deck out to be much better than what you originally start with.  It's a good deck.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I think DP is the worst deck imo, I've built it several ways and don't like any of them. I've yet to lose to it online, but seeing as how it's not that popular that's understandable. I thought it would be more of a popular deck, seeing as how mill seems to be a popular archetype in Magic, I guess this shows that the deck is pretty bad, because if the deck was powerful, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be prolific online, as for some reason alternate win conditions are very popular.
I think DP is the worst deck imo, I've built it several ways and don't like any of them. I've yet to lose to it online, but seeing as how it's not that popular that's understandable. I thought it would be more of a popular deck, seeing as how mill seems to be a popular archetype in Magic, I guess this shows that the deck is pretty bad, because if the deck was powerful, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be prolific online, as for some reason alternate win conditions are very popular.

Agree.

Whoever you are, when facing Dream puppets, be assured  of:

Your deck is easier to play than DP.
You can make mistakes and still win the game easily.
Don't insult DP player and treat him of noob cause you win in the last turn before you're milled'out. You wouldn't have done it better.
Advice him to change deck for a moment. He should have been brainstorming to death his mind to make wonders with the **** he has.

I had to respond to this thread since it appears on-sided. I will grant you that in a 1v1 matchup, DP is not going to hold its own 70% of the time. But in 2HG, DP can be absolutely brutal with a good stall deck. Trust me, I am in the top 20 and can assure you many have been unwittingly decked with DP by turn 7. The comments about allowing the opponent to draw extra per turn; simply don't play with the fonts. The deck provides a ton of cheap ways to mill your opponents deck even without forcing additional draw. I keep the Howling Mines as they can help your teammate too when getting mama run.
DP can be brutal in 1v1 if you don't build a deck that competes with it.  Best way to beat it is lots of low mana cards.  If you have kill cards and you can get them in your hand you will likely win.  If you have draw cards then you have to be careful on their use.  I've beaten this deck time and time again.  But it has also handed me my cards so quickly I could have been ashamed on numerous occasion. 

Playing against it is truly about your first hand.  If you don't think you've got the cards to win in your draw then you stand a good chance of losing.  Of course there is always the golden bb, get lucky enough to pull it before it goes to your graveyard and all is well. 

My personal feelings are I'm not a fan of the deck, but only because I can't play it as well as the people who bury me by round 5 can. 
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I had to respond to this thread since it appears on-sided. I will grant you that in a 1v1 matchup, DP is not going to hold its own 70% of the time. But in 2HG, DP can be absolutely brutal with a good stall deck. Trust me, I am in the top 20 and can assure you many have been unwittingly decked with DP by turn 7. The comments about allowing the opponent to draw extra per turn; simply don't play with the fonts. The deck provides a ton of cheap ways to mill your opponents deck even without forcing additional draw. I keep the Howling Mines as they can help your teammate too when getting mama run.

For the sake of curiosity, what deck does your 2HG partner use?

For the sake of curiosity, what deck does your 2HG partner use?

hmmm yes, do tell.

Right.
I, and my friends, consider me a good 2HG player (no matter what the rankings said :-)) and I tell you what, in many 2HG matches on 2013 I have been milled to death. Most of the time it's as we're ready to sling and finish off our opponents, and my library disappears. My friends are more guilty than not because they know I can build good decks and they hit me almost exclusively.

Welcome to the forum buddy.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

man i hate this Jace deck.

I can't win with it, but I sure can lose to it.

The worst is when its 5/5 early cheese.

full card list rant: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCt416wcPg&nbsp...
Sign In to post comments