New Magic online player

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was given advice to sell my booster pack that I got from the starter pack. I can get about 3 tickets for the trader pack? Are trade tickets the currency? Should I sell the booster pack that comes with my starter pack?

So I am currently experimenting with the trade system, and I "Mark this tradable to: 4", so what happens next? Someone told me a bot would come along and trade for them.

Also, what are event tickets for?
Better spend some time figuring out the system before you sell anything.  Change everything to untradeable.  Go to the classifieds.  Type in free cards and find a bot that will let you select some free cards.  Right click and trade.  Select cards.  Usually when you are done selecting you need to type done.  Then confirm at the top of the screen. Take them and start to figure out how to trade.

Once you have the mechanics down...start to figure out what type of deck you would like to have.  Obviously not the top of the line expensive decks. 

Event tickets are the currency used in trades.  You can get an idea of what a card costs by going to a bot right clicking on it to trade.  Select cards and the bot will give you what it charges in event tickets.  You can buy event tickets at the store also.
Good luck...
Welcome to MOL!

Event tickets official purpose are to be used to enter Sanctioned events, such as drafts and constructed tournaments.  They are the defacto currency in MOL.

jejohns2 has it right: Don't trade or sell anything you own until you understand the MOL marketplace and values. 
Thank you, Erik.
I was given advice to sell my booster pack that I got from the starter pack. I can get about 3 tickets for the trader pack? Are trade tickets the currency? Should I sell the booster pack that comes with my starter pack?

So I am currently experimenting with the trade system, and I "Mark this tradable to: 4", so what happens next? Someone told me a bot would come along and trade for them.

I also advice using google and searching for MTGO singles or MTGO Cards, etc and book marking a few websites that list prices on them.  That way when you're trading you can at least have something to go by.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.

I also advice using google and searching for MTGO singles or MTGO Cards, etc and book marking a few websites that list prices on them.  That way when you're trading you can at least have something to go by.

If only there were some kind of MTGOTraders web site.

But I'm just a skull on a stick and don't really know about such things.
Batteries not included.

If only there were some kind of MTGOTraders web site.

But I'm just a skull on a stick and don't really know about such things.

If only there were some kind of New Player forum.

But I'm just me and don't really know about such things.

/me shrugs @'s
Come join Team Apathy! or not whatever shrug.gif

Yo! tm  afro.gif

Moving to the New Player Forum.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert