Is there a well detailed Orc City?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm looking for an Orc City that is well detailed. (like Hammerfast in an own sourcebook or Graywall/Skullport in Dungeon/Dragons) - the compendium couldn't help me with that however. (Actually I have a very hard time finding ANYTHING except combat stats/mechanics in the compendium)

I'd also be interested on more details about Balic, the City of Sails (3 or 4 pages in the dark sun compendium)

Could anyone point me to a source perhaps?
Im sure there was one released in 3.0/3.5 by Mongoose but i cant remember what it was called. You might find it on RPGNow.com or somewhere like that.
For those of you with kids please check out the D&D Parents Group. http://community.wizards.com/dndparents
lets see/// Skullport... not an orc city.

the others not sure

and there is a little iirc on Black Arrow keep, which is an orc city, but its not alot if there was    
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
lets see/// Skullport... not an orc city.

the others not sure

and there is a little iirc on Black Arrow keep, which is an orc city, but its not alot if there was    

No - Skullport is not an Orc City, but it is well detailed.
I wouldl like to have an Outpost for Orcs which is as detailed as Skullport/Graywall or Hammerfast´

Damn didn't think there isn't a single bigger orc outpost in the DnD 4e materials
Im sure there was one released in 3.0/3.5 by Mongoose but i cant remember what it was called. You might find it on RPGNow.com or somewhere like that.

Here

When lacking for inspiration, ask your players to build the city for you with their imaginations. You and your players will likely come up with something more interesting, more immediately useful, and more personally engaging than someone else who gets paid by the word.

No amount of tips, tricks, or gimmicks will ever be better than simply talking directly to your fellow players to resolve your issues.
DMs: Don't Prep the Plot | Structure First, Story Last | The Art of Pacing (Series) | Improvisation Guide | Prep Tips | Spoilers Don't Spoil Anything | No Myth Roleplaying
Players: 11 Ways to Be a Better Roleplayer | You Are Not Your Character
Hilarious D&D Actual Play Podcast: Crit Juice!
Check Out My D&D Next Playtest Campaign: The Next World

Follow me on Twitter: @is3rith

What are Orcs like in your game world?

I'd be tempted to use and exaggerate all the stereotypical worst qualities of real-world large cities:  a once strong and thriving city falling into disrepair as its former inhabitants leave for younger, greener pastures; slums, ghettoes, and bad neighborhoods; organized crime and disorganized crime; heaps of trash; walls and boarded-up windows covered in Orcish graffiti; homeless, aging, wrung-out, schizophrenic trolls warming themselves around open fires under bridges and underpasses; high-rise wizard towers of ivory and glass standing cold and aloof among the gutted-out ruins of mass housing projects and rusting, crumbling factories; the often corrupt and demoralized police treated virtually as an occupying military force fighting a losing battle against entropy; half-hearted attempts at revitalisation falling into ruin between decaying pits of exhaustion and despair....

Edit to add:  Iserith's suggestion to ask your players for their input and ideas is, as always, a great idea.  They are part of your world-building team and there is some great creative talent, perhaps even some you may not expect, right there in your very own group - don't leave them out of the loop on things that don't need to be a surprise!
[spoiler New DM Tips]
  • Trying to solve out-of-game problems (like cheating, bad attitudes, or poor sportsmanship) with in-game solutions will almost always result in failure, and will probably make matters worse.
  • Gun Safety Rule #5: Never point the gun at anything you don't intend to destroy. (Never introduce a character, PC, NPC, Villain, or fate of the world into even the possibility of a deadly combat or other dangerous situation, unless you are prepared to destroy it instantly and completely forever.)
  • Know your group's character sheets, and check them over carefully. You don't want surprises, but, more importantly, they are a gold mine of ideas!
  • "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It's a problem if the players aren't having fun and it interferes with a DM's ability to run the game effectively; if it's not a problem, 'fixing' at best does little to help, and at worst causes problems that didn't exist before.
  • "Hulk Smash" characters are a bad match for open-ended exploration in crowds of civilians; get them out of civilization where they can break things and kill monsters in peace.
  • Success is not necessarily the same thing as killing an opponent. Failure is not necessarily the same thing as dying.
  • Failure is always an option. And it's a fine option, too, as long as failure is interesting, entertaining, and fun!
[/spoiler] The New DM's Group Horror in RPGs "This is exactly what the Leprechauns want you to believe!" - Merb101 "Broken or not, unbalanced or not, if something seems to be preventing the game from being enjoyable, something has to give: either that thing, or other aspects of the game, or your idea of what's enjoyable." - Centauri
Thank you for your inputs - it's not that I can't invent a suiting orc city (I actually did the last week on the holiday break), but that I like how some of the cities are presented (Skullport, etc.) and wanted to use that.

As said - thank you very much for your inputs though