Errata for Dungeon and Dragon should result in updates to articles

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wizards had in the past said that one of the reasons to move away from compiled issues was to allow for errata. We heard that "Corrections and updates to articles which used to appear only in the compilations will now be made to the individual articles a few weeks after the original posting."

And for a while, that was true. We saw changes to February 2011 articles and for many ensuing months, even prompting this note about where updates would be noted.

However, over the past year the errata keeps coming but without any updates. I've heard some semi-official explanations, such as only updating player content or critical adventure content, but even that has fallen by the wayside. The recent update has not resulted in any updates to articles like the Thri-Kreen article, which is player content and errata to actual rules items. The same is true of Dungeon.

May we please get updates to Dragon and Dungeon articles when there are changes to rule text?

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I think it's a great idea.
Tim Eagon My DDI Articles Follow me on Twitter @Tim_Eagon
I agree with Tim and Teos it would be great to follow up on Dragon/Dungeon articles erratas.
Sounds good to me.

This would be a fantastic idea, since it is kind of annoying to have to not only get the PDF but the seperate errata for when I use DDI content in the game where my DM doesn't have DDI but wants sources for things. Very awkward.

It's spelled Corellon Larethian, not Correlon, Correllon, Correlllon, Corellion, Correlian or any other way of getting it wrong. I'm a total grognard and I still play 4E.

This would be a fantastic idea, since it is kind of annoying to have to not only get the PDF but the seperate errata for when I use DDI content in the game where my DM doesn't have DDI but wants sources for things. Very awkward.

Yeah, right now I create a text file in the folder I make for an issue and place the errata inside. It is really weird to have to do that and then to open the text file whenever I'm going to look at an article.

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I feel like Wizards should make a magazine app, like the TIME app, or if anyone has the current G+ app for andoid, it's beautiful, or the Google Currents App. 

I think that PDF files are not convenient any longer. 
I feel like Wizards should make a magazine app, like the TIME app, or if anyone has the current G+ app for andoid, it's beautiful, or the Google Currents App. 

I think that PDF files are not convenient any longer. 

No, please, no.

Right now, PDFs work. Sure, they get the links wrong quite often but you can eventually download the file.

Going to a magazine app would be a disaster. Seriously, has WotC ever got one of its electronic applications right? PDFs work. That should be enough.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Sign In to post comments