Convention Dungeon Crawl

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Afternoon
        I've just created this dungeon to use at the conventions that I go to(UK only I'm afraid), I'm not sure if I should write an adventure(it would have to be 2 sessions 8 hours probaby 4/6 combat encounters) for LFR or for anyone who signs up(I'm thinking 1st level pre generated characters). Is there anyone out there who is very good at writing encounters(I'll give it a go) and creating pre gen characters, any help would be much appreciated
cheers
I recommend contacting organizers for LFR at local cons, and see what they can help you with. Directing your request in that way will probably be much more successful. 

Co-author on AoA 2-3 and 4-1.

Afternoon
        I've just created this dungeon to use at the conventions that I go to(UK only I'm afraid), I'm not sure if I should write an adventure(it would have to be 2 sessions 8 hours probaby 4/6 combat encounters) for LFR or for anyone who signs up(I'm thinking 1st level pre generated characters). Is there anyone out there who is very good at writing encounters(I'll give it a go) and creating pre gen characters, any help would be much appreciated
cheers

Holy cow.  That is one serious grid map.
Looks really good.  Send a PM to Fardiz and he might be able to help you get some info on this.  I know he does LFR and I know he lives in the UK.
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here
The layout has changed slightly, and I've had a go at writeing an adventure for 6 1st level Pcs, tying it out this weekend to see if we can complete it in about 4 hours and if its to easy or hard, feel free to give me any feedback on what you think.

Conception 2013
Greenwater Keep

Surrounded by marsh and bog you see an old ruinous keep atop a small rise. This must be Greenwater Keep, the place marked on a map you were given by Sowthistle, an old Halfling bard who filled your heads with thoughts of adventure and treasure.  He told you a trapdoor leads down into a dungeon below the keep. With a flourish and a wink he produced a map showing the layout. “Have fun and try not to get yourselves killed!” were his last words as you set off.

You make your way to the keep and start clearing the debris away from where you think the trapdoor is, after some cursing and hard work you find the iron bound trapdoor. You grab the ring, pulling with all your strength. With a mighty crash the door flies open. You see stairs going down into the darkness, a permeating smell of dampness and decay assaults your senses. 

You reach the bottom of a short flight of stairs, in the glow of the sun rod you see a long passageway with a crossroads about half way down. Water trickles down the walls; fungi and algae cover every surface. At the junction the passageway to the right ends further down in a T junction. The passageway to your left ends in a cave in, straight ahead the passageway turns to the left 

Ahead of you the horrible stench of decay is becoming stronger.

As you turn the corner there are two small alcoves either side, a large chamber opens up ahead. 

Encounter 1

Stench of the Undead.

Tainted Zombies x4 Crawling Claws x6 Corruption Corpse x1(+1 6PC)

It looks as if a savage battle took place here. Smashed furniture, hacked off limbs and rotting bodies litter the floor, the horrendous stench is suffocating and makes you want to gag. As you look closer the corpses are crawling with insects. As you move into the room you notice with horror that some of the dead are starting to rise.

(When the Crawling Claws Attack) Some of the severed limbs start to scrabble towards you.

This small room has two collapsed beds covered in fungi and a chest against the far wall.

Treasure In chest: Holy Symbol of Hope +1

Dwarven Armour +1

Encounter 2

Rats in the walls (A B or C).

Dire Rat x6 Rat Swarm x1(+1 6PC)

You hear scratching coming from behind the walls

A & C. This small chamber was once a storeroom - broken crates and barrels dot the room.

(DC 10 nature/dungeoneering The bite and claw marks are of very large rats). 

The scratching stops. You look around and see red glowing eyes looking back at you from the cracks in the walls, all of a sudden huge rats the size of dogs burst from the walls towards you.

B. A mouldy curtain obscures this room. With a swift yank the curtain falls to the floor. Beyond is a small chamber covered in fungus, the walls glisten with dampness.

Treasure: Vicious Long sword +1

Cloak of Resistance +1                       

Encounter 3

Webs, There’s something in the webs.

Spider Brute(created with monster builder) x2 Tree Spider x2 Doomspinner Spider x1(+1 6PC)

These passageways are full of thick webs. The area ahead opens into a large chamber, webs cover most of the room, (perception DC24 to notice Tree spiders/Doomspinner). You glimpse two large dark shapes moving with ease though the webs towards you.

Treasure In cocoons: Wand of Ray of enfeeblement +1

Long Bow of Frost +1

Encounter 4

BlackClaw’s Lair.

BlackClaw Young Black Dragon(level 3 created with monster builder)

This massive chamber’s walls are covered in lichen, with water dripping down creating large brackish pools, ripples spread out from the far corner pool. A large black serpentine head emerges; glowing red eyes stare at you “who disturbs BlackClaw’s rest, have you come to bow down before me shower me with gifts or to simply die?”