is this a solid deck?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey there, this is a deck that I came up with via internet research, friend advice, and reading these forums which kinda counts as internet research.... >_>

anyway...

Here is the decklist, let me know if this is a good build or does it need work.  what cards should I add and what cards should be removed.  Thanks guys you're always a big help.

EXTRA INFO: I am using this deck against my friends and they are all a lot better than me haha I am pretty new.  so it's not meant to be a tournament deck.

MONSTERS: 24

Gravecrawler x4 -
Geralf's Messenger X4
Diregraf Ghoul x4 -
Diregraf Captain x3 -
Fume Spitter x3 -
Phyrexian Obliterator x2
Cemetery Reaper x2 -
Phyrexian Metamorph x2

Spells: 10

Artifacts: 3
----------------------------
Mortarpod x3 -

Planeswalker: 1
-----------------------------
Liliana Vess -

Lands: 22

Do not like the fume spitters. You should just run dismember or more go for the throat in that spot. With 22 land liliana may sit in your hand for awhile. Also she is not standard atm when most of your deck appears to be standard. I would replace with liliana of the veil.

It is a fine standard zombie deck.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Do not like the fume spitters. You should just run dismember or more go for the throat in that spot. With 22 land liliana may sit in your hand for awhile. Also she is not standard atm when most of your deck appears to be standard. I would replace with liliana of the veil.

It is a fine standard zombie deck.

Well my issue is that my friend has a red/green deck that gets out a lot of mana and a lot of big creatures and just beats the rest of us.  we just play casual so no tournament rules or what not.  I am just looking to make a consistant deck using zombies.
I usually agree with skein-but imma have to go against ya this time.

This is the makings of a blood artist deck, which are totally sick. The spitter is more useful because it helps artist out, and is "life-free" t1 removal of all sorts of nasty x/1 dudes, like delver! He also resets a geralfs messenger, which is really nasty.
I say go to 1 or 0 oblits. They are almost never helpful. I run it myself in red, and almost always wish it was an aristocrat. He either is just bait, or overkill. Not really in the sweet spot for this build. If u do go b artist, killing wave is super tech.

I'd ditch the walker, Vess isn't standard legal, Veil slows u down-turn 3 u want beats, not control, and the new swamp fetching Lilly is not right either.

Land looks good. I'd bump up the captains to 4 of, making artist even more ridic. I'm iffy on the reapers, but could be clutch.

Other than that...u are golden
I usually agree with skein-but imma have to go against ya this time.

This is the makings of a blood artist deck, which are totally sick. The spitter is more useful because it helps artist out, and is "life-free" t1 removal of all sorts of nasty x/1 dudes, like delver! He also resets a geralfs messenger, which is really nasty.
I say go to 1 or 0 oblits. They are almost never helpful. I run it myself in red, and almost always wish it was an aristocrat. He either is just bait, or overkill. Not really in the sweet spot for this build. If u do go b artist, killing wave is super tech.

I'd ditch the walker, Vess isn't standard legal, Veil slows u down-turn 3 u want beats, not control, and the new swamp fetching Lilly is not right either.

Land looks good. I'd bump up the captains to 4 of, making artist even more ridic. I'm iffy on the reapers, but could be clutch.

Other than that...u are golden

what would you take out for b artists and killing wave and what to replace the reapers with?
Okay so here is what I have now:

MONSTERS: 25

Gravecrawler x4 
Geralf's Messenger X4
Diregraf Ghoul x4 
Diregraf Captain x4
Blood Artist x4
Phyrexian Metamorph x2
Fume Spitter x3 

Spells: 10
Dismember x2
Killing Wave x2 

Artifacts: 3
----------------------------
Mortarpod x3 

Lands: 22

That list is as solid as any. Just test now and see what works and what doesn't. Properly using killing save and knowin what to copy with metamorphs takes time and skill to learn. Also, knowing when to use that tragic slip or hold up is gonna take time too. This is a high tempo deck, so you want to be progressing the board. I find that often I'm holding 1-2 removal cards all game that just never get cast in the name of tempo increases.

Just play and see!
That list is as solid as any. Just test now and see what works and what doesn't. Properly using killing save and knowin what to copy with metamorphs takes time and skill to learn. Also, knowing when to use that tragic slip or hold up is gonna take time too. This is a high tempo deck, so you want to be progressing the board. I find that often I'm holding 1-2 removal cards all game that just never get cast in the name of tempo increases. Just play and see!

Okay man, I'll start getting these cards.  I hope I can beat my friend haha
What's he run?
What's he run?

red/green deck that gets out a lot of mana then a lot of monsters with flying (namely Dragons) that just tears me a new one every time.
If that's the fear this deck can easily outrace him I bet. If not, save up mana into a huge killing wave and watch him cry
If that's the fear this deck can easily outrace him I bet. If not, save up mana into a huge killing wave and watch him cry

hopfully I can haha
ok so what would be a good all around sideboard for this deck?
Depends on your meta. I run some hex parasite for anti walkers, shatter for artifact hate, some spellbombs for GY hate. Basically whatever you are weak too. torpor orb is clutch vs u/w delver-restoration angel-splicer decks
Amazing how often I find myself suggesting this card on this forum, but I'd be running Fleshbag Marauder in this deck. Also, possibly Festering Goblin, rather than Fume Spitter.