35 posts / 0 new
Last post
what goblins are standard till october

what goblins will be standard after october

I really wanna use that new goblin mob boss

could someone help me PLEASE

I wanna make a goblin deck that will work till oct

and one planed for after

i want it to be mono red but i would like to know of any other goblins                  
The following, I think, are good until October.  This is a list of all the Goblins that are currently in Standard, though I think a couple are being reprinted in M13, and I will put some in that will be coming in M13.

2012 Core Set (Drops in October) (*reprinted in M2013)

Goblin Arsonist*
Goblin Fireslinger
Goblin Tunneler
Goblin Piker*
Goblin Chieftain
Goblin Bangchuckers

Mirrodin Besieged (Drops in October)

Goblin Wardriver
Blisterstick Shaman

Scars of Mirrodin (Drops in October)

Bloodshot Trainee
Goblin Gaveleer
Oxidda Daredevil
Spikeshot Elder

Core Set 2013 (*See above for reprints, and also all of 2013 hasn't been spoiled yet.)
Krenko, Mob Boss
Goblin Battle Jester
Rummaging Goblin

I hope this helps.  As a current standard goblin player, I hope we see alot of goblins in Ravnica as well, which I am thinking we might.

Thank you
so cheiftain wont be reprinted
There is also Arms Dealer from M13. He has a reusable Goblin Grenade effect (Goblin Grenade is also still in till Oct) 

I think poor goblins lose a bit more than they gain between M12/Mirrodin to M13. We'll have to see what Ravnica brings. Krenko (and don't forget Krenko's Command!) are great, but losing Goblin Chieftain (and even Adaptive Automaton) will put a hurting on it. Though there are 2 mass attack spells in Standard (Rally the Peasants and Trumpet Blast) So there is possibility. 

I think a W/R/b would be good for Intangible Virtue, Rally the Peasants and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. Maybe even other Token help with Lingering Souls. At that point it's more of a Krenko deck. Which works, seeing as how there are no other real amazing Goblin cards.
Arms Dealer cannot deal damage to players, and is therefore bad for Standard.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

Ooops, good call. Did not notice that. Thought it was too good to be true. Though, it really isn't that bad. It's still good creature kill, IMO. Then again, I'm not a hyper competitive kinda guy, so who knows? 
There is also Arms Dealer from M13. He has a reusable Goblin Grenade effect (Goblin Grenade is also still in till Oct) 

I think poor goblins lose a bit more than they gain between M12/Mirrodin to M13. We'll have to see what Ravnica brings. Krenko (and don't forget Krenko's Command!) are great, but losing Goblin Chieftain (and even Adaptive Automaton) will put a hurting on it. Though there are 2 mass attack spells in Standard (Rally the Peasants and Trumpet Blast) So there is possibility. 

I think a W/R/b would be good for Intangible Virtue, Rally the Peasants and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. Maybe even other Token help with Lingering Souls. At that point it's more of a Krenko deck. Which works, seeing as how there are no other real amazing Goblin cards.

i often play games where it doesnt matter what cards u use
its not all about standard to me

i see the whole thing as an arsenal
if someone doesnt wanna play bc im not using standard i always have standard anyway

i often play games where it doesnt matter what cards u use
its not all about standard to me

i see the whole thing as an arsenal
if someone doesnt wanna play bc im not using standard i always have standard anyway

Except you are posting in a Standard forum, so you should expect responses based upon the Standard format.

(at)MrEnglish22

I will say that rally is possibly the most overlooked card in standard.

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGS1AL.png) Sig by zpikduM.

I'm too lazy to use google.  DO STUFF FOR ME STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!1111111

or even better is the gatherer, which is part of this site

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Honestly, I think Krenko's Command is nifty even without gobline support since Dragon Fodder has always existed to abuse sac outlets (yay for Army-in-a-Can spells)
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
B/r/w with Krenko's Command, Gather the Townsfolk and Thatcher Revolt?

Add in some Blood Artist and maybe a Killing Wave. I can has sac for ALL the tokens?

Yeah, probably terrible, but fun either way.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
I have a two decks  one based around gather the town folk and one based around thatch revolt

I not prefer the one with towns folk

its so depressing when they go away
makes me sad      
I had some silly times last week at FNM with a deck running 4 Champion of the Parish, 4 Gather the Townsfolk, 4 Thatcher Revolt, 4 Kruin Striker and 4 Lambholt Champion. It was pretty fun when you just drop dudes that do the exact same thing and tons of tokens and the only difference is the speed at which you do it.

Also, Thatcher's doesn't work with Blood Artist, and Krenko will probably get a little better with RTR, since it should have Goblins. 

(at)MrEnglish22

how does thatcher revolt not work with blood artist? the tokens are sac'd, so they should trigger it.
how does thatcher revolt not work with blood artist? the tokens are sac'd, so they should trigger it.

I thought the tokens exiled. Apologies. Darn mental models and assumptions it would function like other tokens (as it removes that extra rules garbage that confuses new players)

(at)MrEnglish22

I know what you mean. Only reason I even know this is because I died to blood artist when I played a thatcher revolt in an AVR draft.

That was godawful embarassing. 
I played my new m13 goblin deck today.

I ramped em up to 26 before i killed the guy

i love the new mob boss

i just wanna get some chieftains so i can take advantage of them before they r gone

i use 
chandra
koth
3 buring shrines
2 of the new red rings
4 krenkos command
4 krenkos
4 incinerates
4 pillar of flames  for the exile i wish it was instant
1 fireball for now trying it out having it in
1 dangerous wager
4 goblin arsenist
 2 goblin shot slinger
4 of the 2 drop that cant attack or block along like mogg somthing im to lazy to look
1 goblin its a 4 drop 2/2 but if i cast a red spell i can pick a creature that cant block also cant remember the name ill edit later maybe
1 of the card that mimics a race and gives that race 1/1 its a 3 drop artifact 2/2
and 23 red land 
i havent played with it this way but i will soon

can anyone help me with it
im gonna try to add four goblin cheiftains somehow
anything else i should add
what should i take out in its place of u have somthing for me to add

i would have 4 of the mimic arifact thing but i would replace that one with cheiftains if i had em
The problem with lots of small guys is that it's hard to get them through.  I would suggest goblin tunneler to make your guys unblockable so that you can beat your opponent to death.

Also, dangerous wager is just such a good card.  Why are you only running 1? 

ty that card is badass

how many dangerous wager should should i use and what should i take out

the problem is if i dont get the krenko mob boss i run into the problem of not having enough creature power
so when i was drawing 2 dangerous wager in my starting hand or geting one then drawing one i only play it when i dont have any other cards
so it was slowing me down big time
i also had the mill drill artifact blade but it was slowing me down
im considering taking the rings out and having the only artifact be the burning shrine
my kill condition is either charge up buring shrine to lethal or ramp up goblins to lethal
i havent used the fire ball yet

i am haveing fun with the deck tho 
You're being trolled.
Wow.... I wouldn't help the OP in a million years. He's too lazy to search for goblins in standard so he has other people do it for him? The database is the same website!
before i start this post i just wanna say i dont really read other people posts at all

i just post my own threads and check those

if u post on my thread its a privlige
bc i dont have to post threads anywhere
some people enjoy talking to me
not many but some

anyway i got ramped up to 80 goblins against this dude yesterday

im geting 4 chieftains and 4 wardrivers in the mail

its gonna be epic deck

before i start this post i just wanna say i dont really read other people posts at all

not many but some

anyway i got ramped up to 80 goblins against this dude yesterday

im geting 4 chieftains and 4 wardrivers in the mail

its gonna be epic deck

and this is why no one should help this person ever. I'll be sure to find your threads and post this in them.
Seishin, there's no reason to harass newer users because they don't read all of the threads ever.  Now you're threatening to spam all of this guy's threads.  You should be ashamed of yourself, it's people like you who are the reason that newer players feel unwelcome.
I hate dogs.

not many but some

I think the point is that the person is being a bit contradictory. They are saying i dont read other peoples posts, yet it is a priveledge to post in my thread. I mean, why even make a thread at all if you dont want to read others post and only to tell them how priveledged they are to post in it??

100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12

not many but some

I think the point is that the person is being a bit contradictory. They are saying i dont read other peoples posts, yet it is a priveledge to post in my thread. I mean, why even make a thread at all if you dont want to read others post and only to tell them how priveledged they are to post in it??

why does anyone care what anyone else does

cant i just be left alone

one guy comes in and says ur spelling and grammer are bad 
another guy comes in and says i should just look at other peoples threads
illusionz comes in and makes a comment about somthing i say trying to turn my words around on me

i do enjoy the back and fouth with people
my question to all my haters is why cant u just let me be me
why do people feel the need to post on a thread to try to correct someones behavior

first of all cant u see the world is made up of many different people and we all need to learn to accept people and stop wasting time and energy

and second theres no way possible to go into all the threads ever posted and tell them what they r doing wrong
this is the internet
this post is a grain of sand so why try

oh this one isnt in the right catagory  and this one has spelling mistakes what kinda loser reads a post and trys to correct someone else and doesnt even have an on topic comment to make
who the **** do u think u are

p.s  still waiting on my chieftains and wardrivers oh i cant wait to play with those babies
Seishin, there's no reason to harass newer users because they don't read all of the threads ever.  Now you're threatening to spam all of this guy's threads.  You should be ashamed of yourself, it's people like you who are the reason that newer players feel unwelcome.

There's a difference between reading all the threads and being aware of other related things that exist. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like you're better than everyone else when you really have no idea what you're talking about.
Photobucket

not many but some

why does anyone care what anyone else does

cant i just be left alone

one guy comes in and says ur spelling and grammer are bad 
another guy comes in and says i should just look at other peoples threads
illusionz comes in and makes a comment about somthing i say trying to turn my words around on me

i do enjoy the back and fouth with people
my question to all my haters is why cant u just let me be me
why do people feel the need to post on a thread to try to correct someones behavior

first of all cant u see the world is made up of many different people and we all need to learn to accept people and stop wasting time and energy

and second theres no way possible to go into all the threads ever posted and tell them what they r doing wrong
this is the internet
this post is a grain of sand so why try

oh this one isnt in the right catagory  and this one has spelling mistakes what kinda loser reads a post and trys to correct someone else and doesnt even have an on topic comment to make
who the **** do u think u are

p.s  still waiting on my chieftains and wardrivers oh i cant wait to play with those babies

Your posts are painful to read.

Well I got the goblin cheiftains but I didnt get the wardrivers my deck owns with the chiftains in it when i get the wardrivers i can do 9 damage 3rd turn and 21 damage 4th turn how do u like them apples
Slagstorm is a card. It says "Hi."

slag storm is good but i like my mana cost to be less then my damage

slag storm is good but i like my mana cost to be less then my damage

well if they have 2 creatures in play doesnt slagstorm do 6 for 3 mana ;)
My life as a pigeon.
It was a direct statement. I didn't know that addressing you directly would have that effect on you. Please forgive me lil' lady. I might be an outlaw, but I'm a gentleman first; and your respect is very important to me.
>mfw
Well we gained Guttersnipe. I wonder how burn/krenko decks will do?