List of Core Sets Best to Worst

61 posts / 0 new
Last post
1st: Magic 2012
2nd: Magic 2011
3rd: Tenth Edition
4th: Magic 2010
5th: Magic 2013
6th: Ninth Edition
7th: Seventh Edition
8th: Eighth Edition
9th: Sixth Edition
10th: Fourth Edition
11th: Fifth Edition
12th: Third Edition
13th: The Other Early Core Sets

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

What's wrong with ABU? And how can you claim ABU and Revised are worse than Fifth. Fifth was the set they reprinted a bunch of Homelands, Fallen Empires and the bad part of Ice Age in. In addition to this at 434 cards Fifth was WAAAAY too big of a set.
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Tenth Edition tried to be cute and all, but it can't compare with either of the M1X sets.
1. Magic 2010
2. Alpha
3. Magic 2013
4. Tenth Edition
5. Everything else
Embrace imagination. Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block
More
Each of its nine tails is imbued with supernatural power, and it can live for a thousand years. My Standard deck: Setting Sun
108516289 wrote:
Think of how Neo couldn't beat the robots, but they kept him around anyways to defeat Agent Smith. Sure, the robots might not like having a Neo running rampant because instead of playing their favorite 4 drop fatty robot, they have to play a bunch of one mana Matrixs to contain him, but at least Neo keeps Agent Smith from reanimating an Iona on turn two.
139359831 wrote:
Are you saying I'm trying to blame my loss on something? I don't care that I lost, I care that he's a sore loser, and a cheater, and a liar.
144902215 wrote:
CKY, are you bad at anything?
144902215 wrote:
I really enjoy imagining this from Kevin's perspective. Because in Kevin's world, Rosewater actually reads everything he types. Mark is sitting there right now, reading this, and thinking "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled. . ." Or some such. He chuckles low, then clicks on "The Best Of KEVINSET" and says "Yes, this'll do just fine. A busty lady with banding who deals direct damage to Zones!? Why this will be the star of my next set, and no one will ever believe you Kevin." Then he closes his Macbook, so his servant may move it out of the way, while another servant puts a Fetal Richard Garfield Clone lathered in Steak Sauce in front of him. Then Mark Feasts. I mean, In KevinWorld, Mark is reading the very words I'm typing as well. Heck, in KevinWorld maybe I am Mark.
99964981 wrote:
I'm beginning to think CKY may be anime in real life...
57150868 wrote:
Don't go anywhere CKY, I need to crash dramatically through your window and propose marriage and I don't want you throwing off my paradrop.
63588923 wrote:
[In response to a thread about how hard grading is] Upon reading this, I've found myself completely unable to operate in the world. I tried to decide what to eat for breakfast, and pondered the vast consequences of my choice. How do I balance my dietary needs against my desire to eat good-tasting food? Should I factor in how long it takes to prepare? Cereal is ready in moments, but bacon takes longer to cook. Then there is the impact on other industries. Do people in the cereal industry deserve to be employed more than people in the bacon industry? Which industry should I support? I don't even have the data regarding HOW MUCH the cereal industry benefits from me eating a bowl of cereal, or how much the bacon industry benefits from me eating a side of bacon. How can I compare two qualities I can't even quantify? And let's not forget the milk on the cereal. In addition to determining whether or not milk is healthy for me, how much that benefits the milk industry, and how much the people in the milk industry deserve my support, we have to factor in the fact that cows are put under brutal conditions in order to collect thier milk. Of course, the same goes for the pigs, and then they get killed. Of course, I really like bacon. So I need to come up with a scale that compares the value of cow happiness to pig happiness to my happiness. What trade-offs am I willing to make here? Does the fact that the pig gets put out of its misery count as a plus or a minus? Isn't bacon bad for me anyway? Deciding what to eat for breakfast (or any meal) is impossible. Help me!
104339228 wrote:
I must admit chinkeeyong, you have the most interesting character ideas; and you play them well.
144902215 wrote:
Anyway, you'd be surprised about Time Stop. When I first saw that card as a relatively new player I didn't see its full potential until I read the reminder text. Is it that unintuitive, though? Mine I mean. What is possibility? Is it possible for me to type these words with my tusks? No, because I don't have tusks. Although I am now tempted to go buy some - obviously not from poachers or whatever - and use them as typing apparatus. I could be the best secretary ever. "What's your words per minute sir?" "Well, only six, but I use these tusks to type them." "You're hired!" That was the interview. And is anyone else disappointed that "apparati" is not the plural form of apparatus? I just could strangle a dictionary, because "apparatuses" is a real word. I guess it sounds pretty cool. I'll call them my Apparatusks.
Seventh is the worst core set, by far. Entirely new art, most of which sucked. Card selection which was also uninspired.

Sixth brought the stack, so its weak cardpool is redeemed somewhat.

Fifth was bloated, had too much jank, and perplexingly reprinted Necropotence.

Worst core set ever is between those three, I suspect.
Fifth was bloated, had too much jank, and perplexingly reprinted Necropotence.



ABC: We need to get rid of Serra Angel and Lightning Bolt. Too strong.
XYZ: What should we add?
ABC: Necropotence?
XYZ: Perfect!

What surprises me is that Channel and Balance survived into Fourth Edition.

Seventh was pretty bad, though. Eager Cadet shouldn't exist. The only color that should get a 1/1 for c is blue, maybe.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I only ever got to play 7th, 8th, 9th, M11, and M12.  I'd have to say that I'd go:

M11
9th
7th
M12
8th

I haven't played Tenth Edition, or M10, but only got to play with 2 of the theme deck/intro packs, but I can see me liking Tenth edition the most.  I stopped when Tenth Edition was released, because I didn't feel like playing Magic anymore.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS


What surprises me is that Channel and Balance survived into Fourth Edition.



Well, I'm astonished. I started playing at 4th edition, and I always assumed that Channel was an "old" card from Alpha/Beta only.


What surprises me is that Channel and Balance survived into Fourth Edition.



Well, I'm astonished. I started playing at 4th edition, and I always assumed that Channel was an "old" card from Alpha/Beta only.



Unlimited had all the same cards as beta. Revised removed the Power Nine. A bunch of other OP stuff got removed from Fourth.

Oh, another thing I noticed about Seventh: The art for Eager Cadet is also stupid. Maybe it's just the long facial hair. I kind of think of cadets as young.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

But Channel got banned a bit after that if I remember correctly.

My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
The one thing I loved about 7th Edition was the art and the appearance of the cards themselves.  I feel that 7th Edition finally got the old style of card frame right.  The colors were rich and crisp. A lot of ho-hum, bland art was replaced with mostly better versions, and to top it all off, they looked good with white borders.  Of course, that was the last core set with the old card frame, and then white borders went back to looking awful.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

Fifth was hands down the worst core set ever. A/B/U is interesting, because it should be bad because of the horrifically over-powered cards it had.

Core sets have steadily improved in quality from 7th on up, and the M201X series have all been impressive.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

ABU are the best sets ever because without them there would be no magic.
The one thing I loved about 7th Edition was the art and the appearance of the cards themselves.  I feel that 7th Edition finally got the old style of card frame right.  The colors were rich and crisp. A lot of ho-hum, bland art was replaced with mostly better versions, and to top it all off, they looked good with white borders.  Of course, that was the last core set with the old card frame, and then white borders went back to looking awful.

While I'd agree that some 7th Edition art was an improvement (Wrath of God springs to mind), there was also a whole ton that were mediocre at best and abysmal at worst. For every Jayemdae Tome, Bog Imp, or Goblin King there's a Blood Pet, Flight, or Crystal Rod.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed


Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

The one thing I loved about 7th Edition was the art and the appearance of the cards themselves.  I feel that 7th Edition finally got the old style of card frame right.  The colors were rich and crisp. A lot of ho-hum, bland art was replaced with mostly better versions, and to top it all off, they looked good with white borders.  Of course, that was the last core set with the old card frame, and then white borders went back to looking awful.

While I'd agree that some 7th Edition art was an improvement (Wrath of God springs to mind), there was also a whole ton that were mediocre at best and abysmal at worst. For every Jayemdae Tome, Bog Imp, or Goblin King there's a Blood Pet, Flight, or Crystal Rod.


The new Shivan Dragon art was nice, as was the Prodigal Sorcerer. But I could not stand the Serra Angel with an armored KFC bucket for a helmet.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

The one thing I loved about 7th Edition was the art and the appearance of the cards themselves.  I feel that 7th Edition finally got the old style of card frame right.  The colors were rich and crisp. A lot of ho-hum, bland art was replaced with mostly better versions, and to top it all off, they looked good with white borders.  Of course, that was the last core set with the old card frame, and then white borders went back to looking awful.

While I'd agree that some 7th Edition art was an improvement (Wrath of God springs to mind), there was also a whole ton that were mediocre at best and abysmal at worst. For every Jayemdae Tome, Bog Imp, or Goblin King there's a Blood Pet, Flight, or Crystal Rod.


The new Shivan Dragon art was nice, as was the Prodigal Sorcerer. But I could not stand the Serra Angel with an armored KFC bucket for a helmet.



Don't forget the death cones.
Don't forget the death cones.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed


Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

Don't forget the death cones.




On serra angel. She has a madonna bra in 7th.
The one thing I loved about 7th Edition was the art and the appearance of the cards themselves.  I feel that 7th Edition finally got the old style of card frame right.  The colors were rich and crisp. A lot of ho-hum, bland art was replaced with mostly better versions, and to top it all off, they looked good with white borders.  Of course, that was the last core set with the old card frame, and then white borders went back to looking awful.

While I'd agree that some 7th Edition art was an improvement (Wrath of God springs to mind), there was also a whole ton that were mediocre at best and abysmal at worst. For every Jayemdae Tome, Bog Imp, or Goblin King there's a Blood Pet, Flight, or Crystal Rod.



I'm with you on Blood Pet, but disagree on Crystal Rod.  Of course, the card itself is awful, but that art is a huge improvement over it's previous iteration.  If I remember correctly, the original was some vaguely cylindrical thing with thorns that were supposed to be crystals.

When it comes to Flight, however, it's 5th edition all the way.  That zebra looked terrrified.    

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

On serra angel. She has a madonna bra in 7th.

Oh, okay--I thought you were talking about some underlying pattern of horrible art that depicted spells as cones of death. Or something like that.

I'm with you on Blood Pet, but disagree on Crystal Rod.  Of course, the card itself is awful, but that art is a huge improvement over it's previous iteration.  If I remember correctly, the original was some vaguely cylindrical thing with thorns that were supposed to be crystals.

The plain brown rod with weird crystals was the original, yes, but not the previous. The Seventh Edition art was not an improvement over the previous art, which had been used in both 5th and 6th. All the Lucky Charms received a similar downgrade in 7th, except perhaps Throne of Bone, but that always was the odd one out.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed


Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.

7E is the worst core set because of Inferno's flavour text.
blah blah metal lyrics
7E is the worst core set because of Inferno's flavour text.


take a look at Rummaging Goblin
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
7E is the worst core set because of Inferno's flavour text.


take a look at Rummaging Goblin


Yes but

Does that flavour text plagiarize Jaya Ballard?

Because if it does, I like her less now.
blah blah metal lyrics
Beta/Unlimited
Alpha
Revised
other Base Sets containing Counterspell
everything else
What surprises me is that Channel and Balance survived into Fourth Edition.

Channel was an error.

Channel, along with Mind Twist and Black Vise, should have been removed from 4th. WotC admitted that they set out to remove all restricted cards from 4th, but they somehow managed to overlook some.

Balance, however, was not restricted in time to be caught in this cleanup. It was only restricted in April 1995, and 4E was released a week or two later. The decision to restrict it would likely not have been made until after the composition of 4E had been put to bed.
Still blessed by Julia of Hillsdown. M:tG Rules Adviser You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
The Msets are definitely better than any of the Xth edition core sets. ABU is just about impossible to grade relatively because it was the first. I'm not even going to try there.

Adding new cards to the Msets actually means there's a reason to buy them if you're an experienced player. I was still playing at a very low level when they moved to M10, but as far as I know nobody who had been playing for more than three or four years was actually buying the Xth edition sets. Sure, there's still the issue of opening your 73rd Day of Judgment (Wait, that got cut. Birds of Paradise then. Wait, nevermind. Uh... Primordial Hydra?) but at least there are now new cards you can get. Even if you don't actually end up playing with Vengeful Pharaoh or Protean Hydra at least it's a card you didn't have before.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
What surprises me is that Channel and Balance survived into Fourth Edition.

Channel was an error.

Channel, along with Mind Twist and Black Vise, should have been removed from 4th. WotC admitted that they set out to remove all restricted cards from 4th, but they somehow managed to overlook some.

Balance, however, was not restricted in time to be caught in this cleanup. It was only restricted in April 1995, and 4E was released a week or two later. The decision to restrict it would likely not have been made until after the composition of 4E had been put to bed.



Restricting Black Vise only led to other problems, if I recall. lolmeta
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Every set before m13 "."

There was aggro, combo, and control is all thoes sets. Now its just aggro.

Way to kill control, oh no we need to make control more interactive, the most interaction Iw ant to say is the ability to say "yes" or "no".

t2 is dead wotc killed there own game afaic.

Long live non modern eternal!
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]
To me 7th had to be the worst. It had the worst art and the lowest power level. 5th is a giant pile of garbage. Although it still has some decent cards, the problem is the size of the set compared to those few decent cards. I kind of don't count A/B/U because they weren't really core sets, they were the entire game for the most part.

I think the worst three in order are 7th, 5th, and 8th in that order.

The best are M10, M11, and Classic Sixth. 
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
7E is the worst core set because of Inferno's flavour text.



Wow that is bizarre. They really changed the quote from the beloved Jaya to soe "wandering mage"? Why? Who would even think of such a thing, let alone think it was a good idea!?

Well I agree with the popular notion that 7th edition was pretty bad. But that is pretty much because of the art. The card selection actually looks better than 8th, which was the core set when I started playing.
Nostalgia made me want to defend it, but looking through, it was fairly lame.
No more Counterspell or Llanowar Elves.
Brass Herald bumped up to rare.
Coastal Hornclaw reprint
No pain lands...



While sorting my cards last year, I talked a bit on 7th. If you've got 20-odd minutes and are exceptionally bored...

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Wow that is bizarre. They really changed the quote from the beloved Jaya to soe "wandering mage"? Why? Who would even think of such a thing, let alone think it was a good idea!?


Seventh Edition for some reason tried to have a storyline, relating to the four Paladins and the Lord of Atlantis. Since Jaya was, at the time this story takes place, probably not even on Dominaria (and not a "task mage" anymore anyway), she didn't fit.

But yeah, pretty silly.
blah blah metal lyrics
On serra angel. She has a madonna bra in 7th.

Oh, okay--I thought you were talking about some underlying pattern of horrible art that depicted spells as cones of death. Or something like that.



In B4 Cone of Flame!

~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
I'd have to vote for 5th Ed, honestly. It was so ridiculously bloated that it turned me off core sets until 7th (which was at least better than 5th, even if the art generally did make the whole set feel like a cheap comic book printed across 300+ cards). I'd learnt to play with 4th, and been collecting sets up to that point. The sheer size of 5th made it clear that collecting it out of boosters would be a challenge from the start.
I have fond memories of 4th, but I can't figure out exactly how high it sits nowadays (after all, you're still pulling Laces in the rare slot in 4th).
I think I'd probably have to put M12 top... very well balanced, even in the planeswalker department (finally). M13? Maybe not so much... as much as it's full of awesome reprints, it feels weaker than M10-12 without playing it yet. Maybe about the same level as Tenth (which was still pretty good fun).
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Every set before m13 "."
There was aggro, combo, and control is all thoes sets. Now its just aggro.
Way to kill control, oh no we need to make control more interactive, the most interaction I want to say is the ability to say "yes" or "no".
t2 is dead wotc killed there own game afaic.
Long live non modern eternal!


Wait, really? They killed the game AGAIN? I thought they were done killing the game after it died shortly after Innistrad when they added DFCs and everybody simultaneously stopped buying the game. 

Or are we just talking about control? I could have sworn that control died way back in 8th when they didn't reprint Counterspell and since then nobody anywhere has managed to build even a single control deck.

Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Every set before m13 "."
There was aggro, combo, and control is all thoes sets. Now its just aggro.
Way to kill control, oh no we need to make control more interactive, the most interaction I want to say is the ability to say "yes" or "no".
t2 is dead wotc killed there own game afaic.
Long live non modern eternal!


Wait, really? They killed the game AGAIN? I thought they were done killing the game after it died shortly after Innistrad when they added DFCs and everybody simultaneously stopped buying the game. 

Or are we just talking about control? I could have sworn that control died way back in 8th when they didn't reprint Counterspell and since then nobody anywhere has managed to build even a single control deck.




Are you kidding? This game dies so often that comic book publishers think it's too much.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Are you kidding? This game dies so often that comic book publishers think it's too much.

Kenny McCormick doesn't even die as often as Magic.

Are you kidding? This game dies so often that comic book publishers think it's too much.

Kenny McCormick doesn't even die as often as Magic.



And MaRo also gets called a bastard.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

But with the latest insult and afront to decent MTG players everywhere, there is only one reasonable conclusion:

The end is nigh.
Wow that is bizarre. They really changed the quote from the beloved Jaya to soe "wandering mage"? Why? Who would even think of such a thing, let alone think it was a good idea!?


Seventh Edition for some reason tried to have a storyline, relating to the four Paladins and the Lord of Atlantis. Since Jaya was, at the time this story takes place, probably not even on Dominaria (and not a "task mage" anymore anyway), she didn't fit.

But yeah, pretty silly.



Aren't the eastern and western paladins supposed to be Phyrexian too?

Also, non-legendary creatures being specific characters. I know, it's a legacy, and this is like the second time legendaries have been in a core set, but still...

You can't make the main characters in your storyline bottom-up. The main reason Greven has his drawback is because it's the only way he can You Have Failed Me Vhati. (Greven would just have his power or toughness reduced to 1 in most cases.) Got to remember that.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Lets see, white has oring and pacifism and a lot of life gain which I thought a lot of people didn't play in constructed..

Blue has negate and essence scatter and imo a unplayable hard counter.

I am not going to leave 4 open for a counterspell and do nothing with the untaped lands outside of casting a draw spell, which there is no instant draw spell worth the cost. Maybe could use it to make murder actually usable which is unlikely cause I want to kill something t2 not 3 or 4.

BTW there are way better 3c kill spells that justafyi the 1BB. Dark banishing is good but we cant have regen anymore.
Expunge, but we would have to have cycling as part of the set to make that a reprint.
Hideous End would be usable and worth the 1bb cost. its even got a drawback still.

The 3cmc kill spell list is lacking for the cost its the best of the rest but I would rather have hideous end.

Black gets the good stuff for control but its marginally ok at best, mbc finally gets to shine but other than that outside of mutilate its not nothing it has not had before.

red, no 1c burn, searing spear is a weak incinerate, Chandra's fury is unplayable jut like the ourtage was.
Same with Volcanic Geyser it is just bad. 

I would rather play stupid ramp for a worldfire and possibly have it backfire at me on the say of "go".


Green is green, it doesn't change, really, it gets ramp and stupid beats, its more combat orientated than any other color yet it only gets rancor and and titanic growth for combat boosts.

I would say black and green actually get the pump in power level this core but Its not much.

I would rather have another homelands than this trash.
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]