Loyal Sentry with protection

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, I'm constructing a Commander deck with Eight-and-a-Half-Tails as my commander. My question is: Does Loyal Sentry target itself when it blocks, or is it simply destroyed with out targeting like Wrath of God destroys? I want to know if I can use my commander to give the sentry protection from white and protect him from himself. I don't think this works, but I just wanted to be sure. Thank you.
Loyal Sentry's trigger doesn't target

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013  - If you have any concerns with my conduct as a judge, feel free to submit feedback here.
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Loyal Sentry's trigger doesn't target

So, 8.5 can't save him then. Okay thanks.
use Avacyn, Angel of Hope as a commander
she can save him ;)
proud member of the 2011 community team
use Avacyn, Angel of Hope as a commander
she can save him ;)

I thought about that, but my play group would not have fun with her as a commander and we want to uphold a fun enviroment. I can also relate to Eight-and-a-Half-Tails' spirituality (my decks have to feel meaningful to me if you know what I mean). Avacyn is going in the deck though! Thanks for the help guys.
Avacyn is much easier to deal with than 8.5 tails. Your play group is strange.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Avacyn is much easier to deal with than 8.5 tails. Your play group is strange.

That really depends on the play group, decks being used, and house rules. For instance we allow the Commander to be put into the Command Zone if it would be shuffled into the library. But you are 100% correct about us being strange. =)
Sign In to post comments