(Post M13) Naya Cloudshift

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
My attempt at what I feel will be a very strong archtype upon m13's release. Its very simple, and powerful, and a lot of fun to play.

4x Birds of Paradise
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Blade Splicer
4x Huntmaster of the Fells
4x Restoration Angel
4x Thragtusk
2x Thundermaw Hellkite

4x Cloudshift
4x Pillar of Flame
2x Bonfire of the Damned

4x Forest
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Rootbound Crag
4x Sunpetal Grove
3x Mountain
3x Plains
2x Gavony Township

Sideboard
4x Acidic Slime
3x Sigarda, Host of Herons
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Bonfire of the Damned
2x Celestial Purge
2x Oblivion Ring

Comments and Criticisms appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot
Although it is a long way off, what do you think would be the replacement for Blade Splicer? Other than that, it looks awesome. I ran one with Inferno Titans and Primeval Titans for a little bit. It did work pretty well, granted I was missing the key bonfires.
I tried it with titans too, and they were just too expensive for my tastes. I like topping out my curve at 5. It lets me to so much more lategame.

As for blade splicer, I will probably replace him with borderland ranger after rotation. I love ranger, and he is my favorite 3 drop in standard atm. I tried to fit him in here originially, but after playing against a lot of delver, rg aggro and zombies online, I decided to go with pillars of flame instead.
------------------------------------------------------------- Decks that I play Legacy- Ravager Affinity Modern- Standard- RWU Flicker EDH/Commander -RWU Numot

Played Naya Shift while back and it is very fun

Here my take

October Shift

Haven't try Bonfire yet and let see how that play out. Arc gonna stay til I see Zombies. I switch Borderland so I can make mana for Bonfire uses. Thundermaw is nasty and should look good there than Acidic. I gonna put Thragtusk in SB for now. Zealous been all star and help to finish the game
I may up the thundermaw hellkite to 3 myself. I had a very lengthy discussion with the folks from the rules forum, and his ability taps all flying creatures regardless of if they take damage or not. That is incredibly powerful.
Might be very good idea to fill up to 3-4 Thundermaw with supports (Cloudshift and Restoration Angel) to deal with flyers. Delver will have no way to continue ;) If no flyers...you can switch Thragtusk to finish the game
I am going to change my above list. - 1 Thragtusk +1 Hellkite.  I am also dropping blade splicer to 3 and upping bonfire to 3. Topdeck bonfire is just better late game compared to topdeck blade splicer.  -1 Blade + 1 Bonfire.
Why not just drop a Cloudshift to add your Bonfire. You might need your Blade Splicer
I definitively want 3 bonfires. My main flex spots are cloudshift, blade splicer, and restoration angel. I feel like I could get away with any of these being at 3. I really want 4 cloudshift, because of its cost and utility. I could lose the splicer and be ok, but as you said I may need a 4th splicer sometimes. This leaves me with cutting angel down to 3. I really think this may be the best choice. Its a bit expensive considering how I also want to be playing huntmaster, thragtusk, and thundermaw hellkite. Also its not as crucial to have around with 4 cloudshifts in the deck. I do lose a 3/4 flying body, but with thundermaw hellkite, I have more than enough flying power I think.

Im going to start testing  4 blade splicer, 4 cloudshift, 3 restoration angel.
Test that out and see if can beat Delver

Thought to my list?
I think you list looks good. I would personally run pillar over arc trail, but I do have a lot of zombies in my meta.
Sign In to post comments