R/W Ajani/Gisella Deck Assistance

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been to build a :R::W: Ajani deck, but as usual I've been having issues fleshing it out - I was hoping some of you would be kind enough to assist me.

I know that I'm wanting the deck to be geared around Searing Meditation, so having Ajani Goldmane in there as well as Ajani's Mantra and several other Ajani cards to take advantage of constant life gain or cause it.  Balefire Liege is another on my DO list as well as Lightning Helix and Gisela, Blade of Goldnight to help throw some UMPH to my destructive tendancies and protect me/my critters simultaniously.  And just so you know, Brightflame is one of my favorite cards.

This that I want this deck to be:
*Major Goal:  Obviously, I would like this deck to be Modern.  A lot of the better cards, in my humble opinion, have been in Ravnica and beyond.

*Major Goal:  I want to be able to heal and damage in the same breath.  ANYTHING that will help me achieve this goal is welcome and almost everything I listed above I would prefer to use - it's just a matter of finding some kind of synergy to the deck.  Other things that have synergy with Life gain are welcome as well.

*Minor Goal:  I want this to be mostly an Ajani deck.  Almost anything that has Ajani on the picture, has Ajani quotes, or (better yet) includes him in the name would be welcome.

As I gather ideas and as you gather input, I plan on making and developing a decklist.
Custom Races
Kt'Lahn (Last Update: Oct 22, 2010)
Noble tiger people who will do almost anything to maintain honor.

Custom Classes
Soulforged (Last Update: Jul 23, 2010)
Incarnum Defender

PEACH if you would.

I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Okay, here is version 1.0 of my deck idea (It does include some M13).  Average Mana Cost is 2.83 or somewhere around there.

Please tell me what you think!
Custom Races
Kt'Lahn (Last Update: Oct 22, 2010)
Noble tiger people who will do almost anything to maintain honor.

Custom Classes
Soulforged (Last Update: Jul 23, 2010)
Incarnum Defender

PEACH if you would.

I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

Play 4 lightning bolt. Giesla is too slow for competative modern.
Of course I'm sure I've gone mad. The little man who crawled out of my eye was quite clear on this.