07/02/2012 FtL: "Monday Malarkey"

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

I really don't understant how anyone could build a Woldfire deck without Goblin Arsonist. Wordfire + Goblin Arsonist = win the game.
That would be a bombo: Goblin Arsonist only works when it dies, and Worldfire never sends anything to the graveyard--everything gets exiled. Keldon Marauders is the more generic "leaves the battlefield" version which works, but the vanishing really does limit you to playing it the turn before, or getting 11 mana and playing them back to back.
worldfire deck??? worldfire deck that looks good???
all of my randoms:
Show
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Serra's not an angel, she was a Planeswalker who made angels

Serra took the guise of an angel, and to many of her subjects/creations, she was an angel (even if she wasn't per se). Angels being a subject of the creation of pure mana and a planeswalker who rebuilds his/her/its body from mana when eradicated (Bolas, Teferi, etc.) make it sort of difficult to tell the difference.
"Possibilities abound, too numerous to count." "Innocent, unbiased observation is a myth." --- P.B. Medawar (1969) "Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Serra took the guise of an angel, and to many of her subjects/creations, she was an angel (even if she wasn't per se). Angels being a subject of the creation of pure mana and a planeswalker who rebuilds his/her/its body from mana when eradicated (Bolas, Teferi, etc.) make it sort of difficult to tell the difference.

Fair call, I was just going by what I remembered from what I'd read in the Weatherlight saga. I stand corrected
Welcome to Monday, Noel!

The combo with worldfire is truly with an oblivion ring or a Fiend Hunter and an exiled creature with it, for instant kill with a Blisterstick Shaman or any creature with haste

Welcome to Monday, Noel!

Seconded.

I love the Boundless Realms and Worldfire decks.  Massive awesomesauce just utterly annihilating the opponent.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Eh There is better cards in the set to build around but this set is boring.

No real control they want board interactions and combo dosent exist.

Cry
Decks I play
Show
Legacy TezzFinityLegacy BurnModern Infect(need to break it) T2-dead
[sblock]
57307308 wrote:
Yes, but DOES HE PEE COLOURLESS MANA?
144543765 wrote:
144018173 wrote:
Serra Angel Serra Sphinx Serra Spider Though Vigilance is a poor fit for red, so I'm not sure if we'll ever see Serra Dragon. I could see Serra Demon, though.
Black Serra creature would have vigilance and fear. It would basically be Batman.
[//sblock]