June Errata: Well, at least I don't have to add the Netizard to the handbook...?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Obligatory link.

Yeap. Net and Bola are now weapon attacks only. Bye bye Netizard and Bolavoker! Blazing Starfall gets 1/turn, some adjustments to the Kreen Article, and a minor monk buff.

-edit- And God Emperor is no longer I Win At Intimidate.

2cp for your thoughts?
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Because we were all playing BS abusing Cosmic Sorc builds?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
I was hoping that Claw Gloves would get errata'd with the 'only works with Beast Form Powers' to eliminate the obvious WereX theme problems. But I guess not.
Glad they missed the polearm tricks for implements at least.

Net corellon warpriest still works for the most part, which is about the best you can do for that build.
You know, I am getting really sick of this.

I get it: Roleplayers (counting the people who make RPGs) don't like Intimidate, because it reminds them of all the times they were bullied. It gets repeatedly nerfed in 4E, it's a Low skill in L5R, and don't even *try* it in LFR unless you want to lose all of your character's possessions. Grow up, devs. If you want to fantasize about being as cool as Clint Eastwood, you need to get over whatever crippling inadequacy complex flares up whenever you think of Bigs Jenkins back in middle school.
On the CO IRC, generally as TorpedoFish.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
Or maybe they just don't want someone intimidating his way through every campaign.

"I laid out a nice, complex social encounter for the party to participate in. Solving problems, making right decisions, say the right things to the right people in order to proceed."

- "Tell me everything you know or I kill you!" *rolls Intimidate*
i love that they nerfed the quest for humanity epic d. it was such a broken piece of crap; just unreal it even made it into print in the first place it was so obviously and completely broken. good job wizards
i love that they nerfed the quest for humanity epic d. it was such a broken piece of crap; just unreal it even made it into print in the first place it was so obviously and completely broken. good job wizards

Yes its SO much more broken then some other EDs. Well done sir, your analysis is impeccable
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
I assumed that was sarcasm.
Or maybe they just don't want someone intimidating his way through every campaign.

"I laid out a nice, complex social encounter for the party to participate in. Solving problems, making right decisions, say the right things to the right people in order to proceed."

- "Tell me everything you know or I kill you!" *rolls Intimidate*

Except that you can still do exactly what you just said, because this power just skipped people actually rolling Intimidate.  Of course, they still give the ability to Diplomacy and Bluff. Because, y'know, having your party gank skill challenges in one round is so muc hbetter without Intimidate.

tl;dr Thanks for making my point about RPGers for me.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
You're the straightest shooter I know on these boards. You don't mince words about your opinions, and I respect that about you. The whole fiasco you described in the last State of the CO Forum was particularly enlightening (and kind of disappointing with regards to how they see us).
56868168 wrote:
Ah, Tsuyo. When your post isn't one sentence long full of asterisks, you have much wisdom to share with us .
From the IRC:
(19:52) RuinsFate: You know, I was gonna agree with something PalOn said... but I think I'm just gonna through my lot in with tsuyo's sudden train-wreck grade interjection. (01:45) Nausicaa: yes your rage is a righteous rage :D (01:45) Nausicaa: righteous rage of torpedo
My sci-fi writing.
] Except that you can still do exactly what you just said, because this power just skipped people actually rolling Intimidate.  Of course, they still give the ability to Diplomacy and Bluff. Because, y'know, having your party gank skill challenges in one round is so muc hbetter without Intimidate.

tl;dr Thanks for making my point about RPGers for me.

Meh, I just tried to find a reason for it, not defend the change. So no reason to go all offensive right away. ;)

Yes its SO much more broken then some other EDs. Well done sir, your analysis is impeccable

aww. maybe you need a nap little guy, youre acting all tuckered out
Least I don't need a grammar lesson
While I admit that it was probably my fault, *boy* did this deteriorate quickly.
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.
Least I don't need a grammar lesson

touche'

but seriously i am not looking for an argument, just supporting the change to what i saw as overpowered. if you guys liked it, sorry it got changed, homebrew it back for your games
Yet you never stated why it was overpowered. And frankly, as Zathris says, anything 26+ is just mental masturbation.
Yet you never stated why it was overpowered. And frankly, as Zathris says, anything 26+ is just mental masturbation.

i dont understand. you dont know why auto 20s on intimidate checks is overpowered? i also dont get your '26' comment; are you saying high epic is unplayable? and the masturbating? whatever youre saying there, you said it in a really gross way. like totally gross

on second thought, maybe its best we just dont keep talking to each other! we just disagree so there isnt any point.
If you think Take 20 on an Intimidate check is overpowered, I pray you never set foot in an Exalted game with a Social combat monkey.

The effects of successful intimidation are, as always, still up to the DM.  It makes the power great, but still essentially a storytelling/fiat tool.  There are other ED powers/features that aren't nearly as "polite" in terms of disrupting games.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
The effects of successful intimidation are, as always, still up to the DM.

Except surrendering. They got rid of all ambiguity in the RC.
i dont understand. you dont know why auto 20s on intimidate checks is overpowered?

No, I know why they're not. As I show in this thread and particularly this post, by the time you get to Epic the actual dice roll is pretty much inconsequential. It makes things a little easier, sure, but it's not something that you can't do anyway.

This power was totally unproblematic, and cutting Intimidate from it is insulting. 
Vain? Me? NEVER.
57223408 wrote:
56868168 wrote:
From the IRC:
My sci-fi writing.

i dont understand. you dont know why auto 20s on intimidate checks is overpowered? i also dont get your '26' comment; are you saying high epic is unplayable? and the masturbating? whatever youre saying there, you said it in a really gross way. like totally gross

on second thought, maybe its best we just dont keep talking to each other! we just disagree so there isnt any point.

How old are you, 14? It's a very obvious expression. By 26 PCs should be so powerful it doesn't even matter. I figured that was clear. And frankly, if you can bloody a few monsters, removing them from the board isn't OP as tsuyo stated, all it does is speed up combat. You haven't yet explained how its more overpowered than encounter novas that can kill solos, or the like. A number of EDs enable things like that, making Intimidate Op, and its resources, much harder compared to simple nova numbers, or things like Radiant One.
He doesn't have to explain why one particular power is more overpowered than any other particular power or mechanic to call it overpowered.

If someone doesn't understand why one particular thing got nerfed while another didn't, take it up with the devs.

Sign In to post comments