Dungeon 203 - Grasp of Thalarkis

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon 203
Grasp of Thalarkis
by Craig Campbell

The bulk of this adventure takes place beneath the waves, at the wreckage of a legendary adventuring ship and at an unholy shrine constructed by a band of kuo-toas. The kuo-toas seek to free the spirit of a mighty kraken that haunts the wreckage of a ship. Should they succeed in their plans, the ghost kraken will no longer be bound to the wreck and can terrorize the seas once again in its new undead form.

Talk about this article here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
Hey all,

Craig Campbell, the author, here.

Discussion on this adventure has been non-existent. Not surprising, given how a lot of us are hard down on discussing DDNext.

That said, do any of you have any thoughts on this adventure? I welcome feedback and am glad to discuss my process of taking this adventure from proposal (last year in May) to final product.

Maybe some of you prospective magazine contributors would like to pick my brain a bit. If so, have at it.
It's a great adventure. The ghost kraken is a great idea for a monster and well-designed.

Yeah, it's a shame there's no discussion but discussion largely dried up before the D&D Next launch, don't you think?
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Hey all,

Craig Campbell, the author, here.

Discussion on this adventure has been non-existent. Not surprising, given how a lot of us are hard down on discussing DDNext.

That said, do any of you have any thoughts on this adventure? I welcome feedback and am glad to discuss my process of taking this adventure from proposal (last year in May) to final product.

Maybe some of you prospective magazine contributors would like to pick my brain a bit. If so, have at it.

i think the real culprit is the forum reorg. i think it was mostly a good thing, but they def should have kept the magazine article discussion as a separate forum. the holiday didnt help either.
This looks like a great adventure and I look forward to running it in the fall when my group gets back together. The summer break is probably another reason why comments are limited. I know a lot of gaming groups disband for summer. This is a solid adventure and should be one of those ones that people remember for a long time after they played it. Thanks for the hard work and keep 'em coming!
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume "other things" (US Independance Day, summer breaks, and so forth) are the culprits for the diminished commentary here.

For those interested, I've got another adventure coming to Dungeon around October (or so I've been told). It features stars.

Really enjoyed this adventure.  I love all the attention to terrain features like pits, seaweed, thermal vents, corpse clumps (eww?).  Each encounter's just really well thought out.  Being attacked by animated pieces of the ship is just hilarious and a great concept.  Too bad this is too high level for my current group, but maybe we'll get to try it out eventually.
Sign In to post comments