[M13-ICD] Battle of Wits

146 posts / 0 new
Last post
Battle of Wits
Enchantment (R)

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 200 or more cards in your library, you win the game.
OHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOOOOD I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Best reprint in the set! Suddently Diabolic Revelation makes so much sense.
Oooh, neato. Can't wait to see the casual decks that people make with this.
LOL....OMG Mutilate.

Check out my twitch.tv stream below where I play magic online limited queues. Don't forget to follow if you enjoy what I'm presenting to show your support!

http://twitch.tv/dpg20__

How's that? What's Diabolic Revelation accomplishing alongside this card that Diabolic Tutor, Rune-Scarred Demon, or even Increasing Ambition don't?

Edit: OR are you just being sarcastic? lol

How's that? What's Diabolic Revelation accomplishing alongside this card that Diabolic Tutor, Rune-Scarred Demon, or even Increasing Ambition don't?

Edit: OR are you just being sarcastic? lol

No I was serious. And those cards would also see play in a BOW deck, but Diabolic Revelation searches for multiple cards at once, meaning you can search for your win plus a couple of cards to protect it. Obviously the odds of a BOW deck being viable in standard are about 1:1000, but hypothetically if it happened, a resolved Revelation would almost always be GG in the deck.
Fun.
THIS CARD. THIS BLANKIN' CARD.

I'm going to include it in my deck any time I pull it in sealed...just to see my opponent's face when they try to figure out what the hell I think I'm doing.
Stupid. Just stupid.

Can't wait to open this and cry. 

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012 Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

This is, in all seriousness, my favorite card ever. I hope I can get a hold of a copy just so I can finally make my crazy-ass Battle of Wits deck.
Yeeeeees.
Oh my god yes.

blah blah metal lyrics
What is up with this set.  The reprints! They're amazing!

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Needs a new art where the Wizard with the 1000 books has it all on a Kindle/Touchpad. While Mr. 100 has books everywhere.

this is clearly foreshadowing a "200 or more cards in library" subtheme in RtR
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
This card is so sweet, and is super powerful.  Will be sleeving this up on MODO quite a bit.
Excellence! I might play Standard just for the chance at the epicness winning an event with this entails.
My forum good deeds. Fortunately, left unpunished:
Show
"Incidentally, everytime you post in of these (mine or anyone else's) you have really great advice." -Tigerguy786 "Thanks Stop-Whining, your suggestions have been gold." -RedRollinS "You are probably the best person who has explained a certain concept to me so far, thank you VERY much for the information, it helps me out a ton. I can't wait to play this deck and use some cards for a deck of my own. Cheers!" -SpaceLincoln "In short, you good sir, are made of win advice. And I am actually going to be taking pretty much all of it." -jeremyc13
No.  Just no.  I hate this **** card.  Why couldn't they have printed something remotely useful, like...I don't know, Moonlace.  I'm kidding.  I hate that card too.  I can just imagine some NOOB bringing a BOW deck to FNM standard, and having to watch the guy shuffle it.

Tips to peeve your opponent 101:  Play a BOW deck, and play with as many search and shuffle effects as you can in your deck, all the zeniths, mycosycth wellspring, farseek, tutors, evolving wilds, etc.
230 card UG self-mill and ramp deck.  Mill to find this, then Elixir of Immortality to win.
230 card UG self-mill and ramp deck.  Mill to find this, then Elixir of Immortality to win.

And how are you getting this back when you mill it?
Why does this exist? Just...why? I have no desire to build...

I just...

Nevermind.

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners

And how are you getting this back when you mill it?

Noxious Revival and Reclaim, plus Snapcaster for those.
I have mixed feelings about this card. 

If you run a 240 card deck, if you draw a BoW in your opener, you win.

No really, you just win...

This is such a dumb reprint.
If you don't like this card, it's not for you.

If you're worried about long shuffle times, get mtgo
EDH staple !!
EDH staple !!

... Is this a joke?
aww yiss i am so ready for shenanigans.
EDH staple !!

... Is this a joke?

of course he is serious
proud member of the 2011 community team
O_O

They reprinted this? Awesome. 
Hmm wow, I mist win with this.
True post count: 9,900 Thanks Wotc for not counting archived posts. If I post without capital letters than means I'm posting from my phone. For some reason it hates typing capital letters. Go_Texans on MTGO. Texans 12-4 Wildcard: W Texans 19 Bengals 13 Divisional: L Texans 28 Patriots 41 Another awesome season!
Wow...
I did not expect this kind of card to be reprinted.
I'm gonna win with this in Limited.  No one's going to see it coming until I cast it!
SO going to run this in Limited with 220 Islands...

EDH staple !!

... Is this a joke?

of course he is serious

Totally serious.  It's in the Mishra, Artificer Prodigy Commander deck.
I'm not going to be impressed until I see someone use Research.
I'm not going to be impressed until I see someone use Research.

EOT with exactly 196 cards in their library.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Really? Why? Oh well....
How to Auto Card
(Replace { with [) {c}Gelectrode{/c}= Gelectrode
How to Auto Card, with style
(Replace { with [) {c=Gelectrode}Pinball Machine{/c}=Pinball Machine
How to Auto Deck
Auto Deck
(again, replace { with [) {deck} Lands 20 4x Halimar Depths 4X Unstable Frontier 8X Island 4X Swamp Creatures 12 4x Hedron Crabs 4x Nemesis of Reason 4x Mnemonic Wall Spells 28 4X Spreading Seas 4X Suffer the Past 4x Mind Funeral 4X Archive Trap 4X Ponder 4x Into the Roil 4X Soul Manipulation {/deck}
For the record, this card is in no way confirmed. Some random guy in the Salvation Rumor Mill just rattled off a bunch of cards that would and wouldn't be in. (Mostly naming ones that we'd already elimated through he number crunch).  Urzassedatives has said he isn't taking these as confirmed yet so we really shouldn't.